Zoids Chapter 2

By Chibi Reli, chibireli@yahoo.com
Home page http://www.geocities.com/chibireli/

Chapter 9:

A Reunion of Old Teammates, Brad Fights His Replacement, the Great Fire Cat



Zoids: Chapter Two - The Blitz Team is in the S Class, but someone is leaving the group. The pilot taking his place is a girl named Ami Kamiya, or better known as Fire Cat with her one of a kind Zoid Rapidfire. Can this new team have what it takes and is Bit falling for the new pilot.


This fanfic tells what happens to the Blitz Team after the television show. The Zoid called Rapidfire and the pilot nicknamed Fire Cat are unique. Tim Seltzer, seltzer@seltzerbooks.com



Disclaimer: Chibi Reli does not own Zoids, but did create the original characters who are not from the TV show.

"Alright you two, you’re doing great.” Rapidfire and Zero Jagar sprint down the field, trying to attack each other by running into each other.

            “You know I’m going to win this Bit.”

            “Don’t bet on it.” They pick up speed, ramming into each other more often. They break apart and soon they start to try to claw each other, but jump out of the way. Soon, they split up and start to charge at each other. Suddenly, as Rapidfire starts to gain even more speed, her right paw starts to spark.

            “Huh? What wrong?” As they continue, it sparks even more, eventually giving out so Rapidfire trips over herself, tumbling in the dirt.

            “This is our chance Liger. Strike Laser Claw.” Ami sees the approaching attack and tries to get up, but Rapidfire just collapses to the ground. As the Liger is about to strike, Rapidfire cries out and the Liger roars and it’s claw stops glowing, returning him to the ground, standing in front of her.

            “Liger, what are you doing?” The Liger roars and they watch their friends try to get up, but falls down again. Its head opens so Bit is seen. “Ami, are you okay?” Rapidfire’s head also opens showing Ami.

            “I think so. I don’t know what happened though and I can’t get Rapidfire to stand.”

            “We’ll be right there Ami. Hold on.”


            Ami sits in front of Rapidfire’s right paw with a bunch of tools next to her on the side. “Come on. Tell me what's wrong.”  She takes the wrench in her hand and throws it. Suddenly, she hears a thump followed by another. She looks around Rapidfire's leg and sees Jamie lying on the floor. "Oh no, Jamie!" She gets up adn runs over to him. "Are you okay?"

            "I've never gotten hit in the head with a wrench before." He puts his hand his head and Ami helps him sit up.

            "I'm really sorry. I didn't know anyone was in here."

            "I was looking for you anyways. We've been wondering if you were going to see us again? You've been spending a lot of time here."

            "I know. It's just that, I've been trying to fix Rapidfire and I just can't figure out what's wrong."

            "Why don't you bring her in to be fixed by a professional?"

            "I don't like them. Me and Rapidfire have taken care of each other for a long time and I don't like other people touching her."

            "I don't think that's the only reason to it. There's something else wrong. Isn't' there?"

            "It just that, we've only been down once in a real battle. I'm not used to this whole losing thing. And then there's Bit. Why did he just stop the attack like that? He could of finished me off."

            "Maybe he didn't want to. Maybe he wanted to beat you in a real fight and not when you were down."

            "So he felt sorry for me?"

            "Maybe."

            "Well, I better get back to Rapidfire."

            "Wait, I have another thing to tell you. Our next battle has come in and the doc wants to see us."


            "Alright kiddies, we have ourselves another challenge. And I know we'll be looking forward and not forward to it."

            "What are you talking about Dad?"

            "Our next battle is with the Flugel Team?"

            "The Flugel Team? Well, in that case, I call Leon," Bit says excitedly.

            "And I call Naomi."

            "I'm going to stay here."

            "Well, that means Ami will have Brad."

            "Who's Brad?"

            "Brad was the other member of the team before you came. You took his place."

            "Oh. This is perfect. He must have been good to help the team get here. If I can fight him, maybe Rapidfire can get back up. Alright, I'll fight him."


            "Well, this looks like a battlefield Naomi would pick. The hills are big enough for her to hide her Gunsniper." The three Zoids line up on the battlefield.

            "Ami, how's Rapidfire?"

            "She should be okay I hope."

            "Hey you guys. Nice to see ya." The three opposing Zoids approach their counterparts, staying a couple of yards away.

            "Leon. It's been a while."

            "I hope I get to fight you one on one Bit."

            "Of course."

            "And I get Naomi."

            "Sounds fair."

            "Then it looks I get the newest member."

            "That's right Brad. Fire Cat's gonna take you down."

            "The area within a 25 mile radius is a designated Zoid battlefield. Battlefield 0992. The Blitz Team versus The Flugel Team. Ready? Fight!"

            "Let's go you guys!" They each run in separate directions, taking their counterparts with them.

            "It's been a while, hasn't it Bit?"

            "It sure has Leon. But I need to tell you, I've gotten a lot stronger."

            "So have I." The Red Blade Liger starts to charge and Bit follows suit. As Leon puts out his two blades, Bit dodges them and circles around Leon to the back adn starts to fire at him. Leon quickly moves out and starts to charge back firing too. "Nice move. But you're going to have to do better." The two continue their chase of one another.

            "I've been waiting a long time to fight the person who has replaced me," Brad replies running by Rapidfire.

            "And I've been looking forward to meeting you." Ami passes by Brad adn starts to fire and soon they find themselves running side-by-side, firing at each other. "You know you'll never be able to defeat me. I'm unbeatable."

            "You were defeated once. And I'll make it a second time." A cloud of smoke comes from the ShadowFox, covering the area.

            "Trying to hide are you?" She runs to the side as he fires and suddenly feels Rapidfire give out a little. "Not now girl." She runs out of the smokescreen adn waits for Brad to make his move. He suddenly charges out with his strike laser claw, but Ami barely misses it, getting scratched and Rapidfire falling to the ground as her paw gives out.

            "It looks I might win after all."

            "Don't be so sure." Rapidfire quickly gets back up with a bit of trouble and the chase starts again.

            "Where are you Naomi? Come on out." Leena waits anxiously for Naomi to make a move. Suddenly, a shot is fired and misses her. Leena jumps to the side adn starts to fire in the direction of the shot. "Oh man, that was close."

            "So long Leena."

            "What?" A shot comes from behind and knocks Leena down. "No. Not so soon."

            "Now on to the next closest, which looks like the Liger."

            Both pilots breathe deeply as they try to recuperate. "This is the best battle we've had yet."

            "Sure is."

            "But I think we should finish now." The Liger Zero starts to charge, as does the blade Liger with its blades out. As they approach adn Leon gets ready for the final blow, Liger jumps into o the air adn over the blade Liger, landing on its back to send it to the ground. "Strike Laser Claw!" He comes from behind and slashes Leon's red Zoid across the neck. As he starts to rest though, a fire is shot from somewhere.

            "Bit. Watch out. Naomi finished off Leena and is going after you."

            "Alright Jamie."

            The black and red Zoids run side by side, with the red Zoid's right paw sparking. Finally, Rapidfire's paw gives out adn she lands on the ground with a thud. The Shadowfox stops in its tracks. “What happened kitty? Can’t get up?” He fires at her and blows her gun off.

            “Come on Rapidfire. Get up. We can’t lose this battle.” He watches as Rapidfire tries to get up but is unsuccessful each time.

            “Brad, forget about her. She’s useless without her speed. I need your help with Bit.”

            “Okay Naomi. I’ll be back for you later kitty.” He runs off, leaving Rapidfire and Ami alone.

            “I can’t believe it. Is our reign finally over Rapidfire? Without your speed, what are we?”

           AS Bit charges for the red Gunsniper on the hill, a sudden barrage of shots blocks it off. Bit turns to see the Shadowfox heading towards it.

            “Where's Ami Jamie? I need her help.”

            “Rapidfire is down again Bit and she won’t get up.”

            “Ami, come on get up!”

            “Why, I’m useless and I can’t stand anymore pity.”

            “Pity? What are you talking about?”

            “You saw I was down during our battle and you didn’t want to fight me because you felt sorry for me.”

            “I didn’t stop the Liger if that’s what you mean. He stopped the attack himself. I was already for the attack.”

            “The Liger stopped? Well, anyways, I can’t fight Bit. Rapidfire is down for the last time. My reign as Fire Cat is finally over.” Suddenly, a loud roar is heard.

            “What’s that?” Everyone looks towards a close by hill and see a Red Blade Liger standing on top, roaring.

            “That looks like Leon’s Zoid.”

            “But I’m down.”

            “That must be the Zoid that Ami’s brother had and the spirit she was talking about.”

            “Bit, watch out!” He turns to see the ShadowFox use it's strike laser claw, but barely misses it.

            “Brother, what are you doing here?”

            “What are you doing there on the ground?”

            “Waiting for the enemy to finish me off. Rapidfire can’t run anymore and without her speed…”

            “And without her speed what? She’s no longer a cat.”

            “But that’s her real power.”

            “Cat’s are legendary for their speed little sister, but they are also legendary for other qualities, like their cunningness and ability to use what they have. Cats are fierce creatures that never give up, like you shouldn’t.”

            “Okay. What else do you have Rapidfire?” The giant red cat roars and opens its wings. “Hey. We could use the wings to help you run and the boosters are still working. I think I have an idea. We’ll show that fox what a cat is really made of.”

            “Man, this sure is taking a lot of us Liger, but we gotta keep it up.” Liger dodges another attack from the ShadowFox and Gunsniper.

            “Just give it up Bit. You couldn’t defeat the ShadowFox when we battled each other last time.”

            “But I would’ve.” Meanwhile, as Naomi attacks, she spots something on her scanner.

            “Brad, there’s something coming our way.”

            “What are you talking about Naomi?" Suddenly, Rapidfire approaches Naomi on the hill. When she's close enough, she jumps up and knocks Naomi off the hill.

"Naomi?" In the distance Bit and Brad see a red speck moving in. Rapidfire has its wings open and boosters on full power, using its three legs to push itself forward. “I can’t believe it still wants to fight.”

            “I looks like Ami figured out a way of getting Rapidfire back on her paws.”

            "Let me finish this battle Bit. You can make sure Naomi's down for the count."

            "Alright. Good luck."

            “We didn’t finish our battle Brad and I always finish a battle.”

            “We’ll see who wins this one.” Brad runs toward Rapidfire and Bit heads toward Naomi's grounded Zoid. “I can’t believe you still want to fight. I must say that you do live up to your name.”

            “And I plan on living up to my name forever.” Brad fires and Ami moves over, dodging it by a hair. “That was too close. Brad continues to fire and Ami continues to dodge, getting a hit a few times.

            “I bet I’ll get a lot of points for bringing down the great Fire Cat. Let’s get this done with.” Ami charges, but Rapidfire stumbles and falls down again. “Strike Laser Claw!” The ShadowFox heads toward the fallen cat, but instead of moving, Ami points her boosters toward the ground, sending up a screen of dust. “What in the world?” The ShadowFox returns to the ground. "Where is she?"

            “Now Rapidfire, let’s show him how power a cat can really be.” Suddenly, Brad feels himself being pushed out of the dust to see Rapidfire holding him down on his side with her left paw. She digs her claw into it and then takes her jaw and clamps it into the ShadowFox’s neck. (Just like how a cheetah kills its prey.) Brad struggles and tries to fire at her, but Ami digs in farther, until the ShadowFox is down.

            “The battle is over. The winner is, the Blitz Team.” Rapidfire limps away from the ShadowFox and falls to the ground. Ami quickly gets out to check on her.

            “We won! We won! I can’t believe Ami did it!” The doc and Jamie cheer inside the hover cargo. The Liger and Bit, along with Naomi, Leon, and Leena come over the fallen ShadowFox. Brad exits his Zoid and pats it.

            “You did a great job ShadowFox.”

            “Hey Brad, haven’t seen you in a while.”

            “Yeah.”

            “I gotta say though, this was one battle for the books.”

            “But for a minute, it looked like we were going to win.”

            “I know. I better go congratulate the real winner of this battle though.” Brad walks over to Ami who is looking at Rapidfire’s paw. “So, I finally meet the great Fire Cat face to face.” She turns around and sees Brad.

            “And you must be Brad. Pleasure to meet you. I’ve heard lots about you form the others.” She holds out her hand and Brad accepts it.

            “I gotta say I’m glad that they replaced me with a warrior with talent. Your Zoid is really amazing. I never would have guessed for anyone to make a move like that. Except maybe Bit. He's always doing crazy things.”

            “Yeah, but you sure gave me a run for my money. I don’t exactly know why, but Rapidfire hasn’t been doing her best.”

            “I was wondering, if you knew who that Red Blade Liger belonged to.” She looks toward the hill and watches it run away.

            “It’s family.”


            Everyone stands by the exit, the Flugel team by their transport and the Blitz team by the door. “Thanks for dinner you guys.”

            “No problem. Come visit us anytime you want.”

            “Yeah. We really should try to keep in touch more often.”

            “It was a pleasure to meet you Ami.”

            “You too. And thanks for the great battle again.”

            “No problem. You know, if you ever want to look for a new team, you’re welcome to come with us.”

            “Yeah. My red Rapidfire would go perfect with the red motif.”

            “You don’t know how long we’ve been trying to get Brad to paint his Zoid. Its color just doesn't work.”

            “Ami, you don’t really mean it, do you?”

            “Not unless I really start to hate this team, which I don’t think will happen anytime soon.”

            “Well, we better get going then. Bye.”

            “Bye.”

            “That really was a close battle though.”

            “What I can’t figure out is why Rapidfire’s right paw gave out? Those new braces that I installed were supposed to make her paws stronger so she could run faster. Oops.” The doc covers his mouth. Ami turns her head towards him and glares at him evilly.

            “What did you say!” Smoke starts to come out of her ears and a vein starts to pop out of her head. She clenches one hand into a fist adn slowly lifts it up to eye level.

            “Uh oh. Everyone back up.” The three others slowly back away from the two.

            “Um, I didn’t say anything Ami.”

            “How could you go and install some part into my Rapidfire without telling me? I’ve been going crazy thinking that Rapidfire is loosing its edge and worrying about loosing my title all because you went shopping crazy and bought some lousy part and then installed it into my Zoid?”

            “Um, yes.”

            “Why you…” She pulls back her hand and slams it forward into the doc’s face, sending him to the ground.

            “Remind me never to get her mad.” Suddenly they watch as Ami walks away.

            “Hey Ami, where are you going?”

            “I’m going to contact Naomi and say I accept her offer to join her team. I just started hating this team.”

            “What!” Bit and the doc who has just gotten up but still has an imprint on his face say “Come back!” They get up and chase after her.


(Bit’s Voice): Hey Harry. Why do you keep coming over here? You know you have a place of your own. Are you here to try to get Leena again? You know she’s not interested in you. Oh, you want to battle me as the final part of our agreement? I don’t see why not. I’ll get some more points. But wait a minute, what kind of Zoid is that and where did you get it from? Next time on Zoids: Chapter Two- The Last Part of the Agreement, The New Wolverine Zoid.
 



Zoids Chapter 2 This fanfic is complete. Hallelujah!


Best Fanfics on the Web, selected by Tim
Tim Seltzer's page www.seltzerbooks.com/tim.html


Discuss books at  Blogging about Books http://www.seltzerbooks.com/blog/
Other book reviews by Richard Seltzer
Opus authors -- contemporary writers whose entire work is great
The Readers' Corner and Writers Showcase


This site is published by Samizdat Express, 213 Deerfield Lane, West Roxbury, MA 02132-002. (203) 553-9925 seltzer@seltzerbooks.com

Book collections on CD and DVD. A library for the price of a book.
Limited time offer: 2 for the price of 1
 

Return to Samizdat Express

Google
  Webseltzerbooks.com