Zoids Chapter 2

By Chibi Reli, chibireli@yahoo.com
Home page http://www.geocities.com/chibireli/

Chapter 16:

The Toughest Battle of Them All, Bit Speaks From the Heart

Zoids: Chapter Two - The Blitz Team is in the S Class, but someone is leaving the group. The pilot taking his place is a girl named Ami Kamiya, or better known as Fire Cat with her one of a kind Zoid Rapidfire. Can this new team have what it takes and is Bit falling for the new pilot.


This fanfic tells what happens to the Blitz Team after the television show. The Zoid called Rapidfire and the pilot nicknamed Fire Cat are unique. Tim Seltzer, seltzer@seltzerbooks.com


Disclaimer: Chibi Reli does not own Zoids, but did create the original characters who are not from the TV show.


            “Welcome ladies and gentlemen to this year’s All Class Zoid Championship. We’re finally down to our top two warriors. Today, one warrior will go home the loser and the other will go home with the title of this year’s All Class Zoid champion.”

            “Now to recap the final four battles. The first battle happened between Bit Cloud and Ryu Koto, with Bit Cloud being the victor in an amazing recovery. The second happened between Isamu Ionue and Ami, the Fire Cat, Kamiya. Though things looked grim for Fire Cat when Isamu went into Stealth mode, Fire Cat came out the victor. Now we report to Maria for an exclusive interview with Fire Cat herself.”

            “Thanks you guys. Here I am with the second finalist for the title, the great Fire Cat. Fire Cat how does it feel to be in the top two?” the reporter asks sticking the microphone in Ami’s face.

            “How do you think I feel? I’ve been working all my life for this moment,” she says proudly.

            “Alright. I must say that everyone thought you were going to lose when Isamu went into stealth mode. How did you know where to find him?”

            “He was only invisible to the eyes, not the ears. IF you listened carefully, you could hear the gears of his Zoid move.”

            “Wow. How did you think of a strategy like that?”

            “My brother told me.”

            “Your brother? But isn’t he dead?” She asks surprised.

            “Yes, but whenever I need help, he always seems to be there for me, helping me through.”

            “Well isn’t that interesting. That’s all for here guys. Back to you.”

            “Thanks Maria. We’re going to be taking a break now and we’ll come back when we’re ready for the final battle.”


            “So Bit, do you think you’re ready for this? It’s going to be very hard you know. Ami has years of experience over you and seems to be a lot rougher and tougher than she usually is,” Brad says as he, the Blitz Team and the rest of his friends gather once more around the Liger Zero.

            “I’m positive. This is the only way I can talk to her. I need to do this no matter what. I don’t even care if I win now.” He looks at his partner, as if he’s waiting for him to agree.

            “What? You can’t mean that Bit. The team needs the money,” Leena cries.

            “I do mean it though. Having Ami back is more important than the money and title. I can always get that next year. I might never get Ami back though,” he answers, subconsciously tightening his fists.

            “I understand,” the Doc says in deep thought.


            “I want you to get all our available Zoids ready for an attack!” the Count reporters to the man over the main screen.

            “What for sir?”

            “Once Fire Cat defeats Bit Cloud and the Liger Zero, we’ll destroy him and then take over the Zoid Battle Commission like we’ve always wanted. It will be the perfect time to strike.”

            “Yes sir!”


            “It’s the time we’ve all been waiting for. The final battle! Now let’s get this thing started because I can’t hold in the anticipation anymore.”

            “From the Blue side, we have Bit Cloud and the Liger Zero of the Blitz Team. And for this battle he seems to have chosen the blue armor, which increases the Liger’s speed. A great choice for this battle.”

            “And as for their story, Bit Cloud actually started off as a scavenger for lost Zoid parts. He soon got involved in a battle the Blitz Team was involved in and found the Liger Zero, a Zoid that was unable to be piloted by anyone on the team. He soon joined them in a battle, helping them catch a victory. Since then, these two have been fighting their way to the top. Then came the Royal Cup, where the Liger Zero showed itself to be an Ultimate-X by defeating the Berserk Fury of the BackDraft, also an Ultimate-X and bringing the Blitz Team into Class S.” The crowd in the stadium roars out in cheers as the blue Liger form steps out onto the field.

            “From the Red side, we have Ami, the Fire Cat, Kamiya and Rapidfire of the Fire Team. Fire Cat didn’t gain her nickname until she became a floater. Ami started off on the Fire Team with her brother, Kikeru Kamiya, an aspiring warrior who had lots of potential. She also found Rapidfire right before her very Zoid first battle in the middle of the desert. Together they fought until they faced Pierce Duke of the Slasher Team. During the battle, Pierce attacked killing Kikeru, but seriously injuring Ami. It took her a while before she was able to get back in Rapidfire. While going from team to team, her great skills as a warrior were shown and soon became a big warrior, giving herself the name Fire Cat with her matching ears and tail. She soon found an opening at the Blitz Team and then joined. Soon after a battle, Fire Cat left the Blitz Team and showed up here as part of the Fire Team.” The crowd screams as well as the fiery cat Zoid steps out parallel to the Liger.

            “These two have now become a team to be reckoned with that is until that battle a couple of days ago. Those two seemed so close, that nothing could separate them. There was even a rumor that their relationship was more than just warriors for the same team. But now they are going to have to fight each other in order to realize their dreams.”

            “The area within an eight mile radius is a designated Zoid battlefield. Bit Cloud and the Liger Zero of the Blitz Team versus Ami, the Fire Cat, Kamiya and Rapidfire of the Fire Team. Battlefield 1001. Ready? Fight!”

            “You’re mine Bit Cloud. I’ll show you who the better warrior is,” she declares as Rapidfire lunges forward toward her prey.

             “Ami, listen to me for a second,” he pleas as he steers the Liger away from her.

             “Not until you defeat me.” She starts firing at the white Liger, but he quickly gets away.

             “But I don’t know if I can like this,” he whispers to himself.


            “Do you think Bit can do it?” Leena asks.

            “I’m not really sure,” Jamie replies.

            “He has a lot of things going through his head other than the battle at hand,” Doctor Toros says as he watches the fight.


            Ami passes by Bit again, firing as Bit tries to dodge each shot. Liger roars and tries to attack, but goes off before he gets close enough. “I hope you understand this Liger. It’s just too hard. Please forgive me.” Liger roars again as he dodges another attack by Fire Cat.

            “Bit Cloud, fight me right now!”


            “And it doesn’t look like Bit and the Liger are doing so well. There usual style of going head on isn’t shown here. What’s all that about?”

            “My guess is that he’s dubious about fighting Fire Cat in her condition. But we’ll just have to see.”


            “Alright Liger, let’s do this. Strike Laser Claw!”

            “Strike Laser Claw!” The two cats pounce toward each other, but once again before Liger can strike, he turns away, getting nicked by Rapidfire.

            “This isn’t working. I can’t fight her like this. It’s just tearing me apart. Where’s her gentle soul?” The Liger roars once as he dodges another attack. “So you understand Liger? Then you know what I’ve got to do.” Suddenly, the Liger stops and the hatch opens. Bit gets out of his seat and stands tall in plain view as Rapidfire turns toward him and his still Zoid.


            “Bit! What are you doing? Get back in the Liger and battle.”

            “Leave him alone Leena,” her father commands.

            “What for dad? He’s gonna lose everything.” She turns away from the battle and looks at him with his hands together, elbows on his knees and chin on his hands, with eyes closed deep in thought.

            “This is a more important battle for him and it’s going to be a battle even more difficult to win than against Fire Cat herself.”

            “What are you talking about Dad?”

            “You’ll see.”


            Fire Cat stands meters away from the still Zoid. “So it looks like you’re giving up Bit? Then I’ll just destroy you now.” Ami starts to charge for Bit, but suddenly the Liger roars several times, like he’s pleading. Soon after, Rapidfire roars back and stops. “Rapidfire, what are you doing?”

            “Thanks Liger.” He looks straight ahead at the red Zoid, once his teammate, now enemy, thinking. “Ami, I think we should stop this battle.”

            “What for? There’s nothing wrong with this battle except that you aren’t fighting,” she screams.

            “That’s where you’re wrong. This wasn’t the battle that we wanted to have underneath the tree that day.”

            “That was just conversation Bit.”

            “Even if, you’re not the same person who you once were. The one I once knew. The Ami I knew would never do the things I’ve seen you do during the competition,” he states, his voice starting to crack under the wave of emotion.

            “You’re right. I am a much more powerful warrior. And things always get rough in competitions where so much is at stake.”

            “Ami, please, this isn’t right. Please come back to the team and return back to normal.”

            “You just want me back because you think then I’ll be easier on you and you’ll win. I know you haven’t been doing your best.”

            “That isn’t true Ami. Believe me.” He brings his hands together, praying for her to listen to him.

            “Then why? Why do you want me back so badly, even if you know I will always be able to defeat you?” she asks, her voice becoming angrier with each word.

            “Because…” He stops, closing his eyes, thinking of the right thing to say.

            “What? Spit it out Bit Cloud!”

            “I guess what I’m trying to say, is that…” he stops his whisper again, trying to gain the courage that he needs, fists gathered at his sides. “Because I’m in love with you Ami!” he shouts so the whole world hear

            “What!”


            “Woah. He just didn’t…” Jamie starts to say.

            “But he did,” Leena answers.

            “I knew it,” Leon states.

            “Good job Bit,” Doctor Toros says, congratulating him.


            “I can’t believe what I just heard. This has to be a first in Zoid battling history. Bit Cloud has just proclaimed his love to Fire Cat,” Bob says, grabbing onto his microphone and enunciating each word.

            “It looks like those rumors may not have been lies after all,” Martin says, lying back in his chair, still stunned from the speech.

            “But let’s see what Fire Cat has to say about this.”


            Rapidfire’s hatch door opens and Fire Cat steps out, staring straight at Bit a few meters in front of her. “What did you say?”

            “I said I love you Ami Kamiya. When I first met you, I thought it was just a crush of some kind, but as we fought together and spent time together, that crush grew into something bigger and I knew realized exactly what is was until you left. I felt my heart shatter when you left. That’s why I fought so hard to get here, so I can talk to you, even if it meant losing the title in the last battle against you Ami,” he screams, not wavering as each word comes out of his mouth. Tears start to brim, showing his emotion even more.

            “Bit, I never knew…” her voice softens and her eyes slowly gathering tears. She closes them for a minute as the jewels around her neck start to shatter.


            “Sir, there’s a problem. The device seems to be breaking,” one of the men report.

            “Get everything ready then. We’ll strike while everyone’s distracted.” The count gets up and heads out the door, ready for the battle.


            Ami takes a step forward still stunned and so does Rapidfire, but suddenly stops as she sees a spec of light coming from one of the entrances. “Huh?” Ami quickly gets back into Rapidfire and gets her gun ready to fire.

            “Ami!” Bit screams. The shot buzzes by Bit and the Liger and lands by one of the entrances, scaring out three guys with a large enough gun to destroy a Zoid.


            “What in the world?” Naomi asks.

            “What was that?” Leena asks also.

            “I’m not really sure.” On the screen, hundreds of Zabat, Raptors, and Saber Fangs appear from the sky along with a dozen Whale Kings.

            “We better get our Zoids out,” Leon suggests.


            The Count himself stands in front of a giant microphone on one the Whale Kings, ready to make a speech. “We of the BackDraft group here by demand that all warriors and that the Zoid Battle Commission give into us now, or else feel the wrath of our power. Fire Cat, you will pay for your betrayal to our group.” From the Whale Kings, missiles are shot and the enemy Zoids start attacking as well.


            “Get the Zoids out now,” replies the general to all his men at the commission headquarters near by.

            “It’s going to take us a while sir. We weren’t expecting anything like this.”

            “Don’t worry about gentlemen. I think the warriors from the competition can take care of things,” Doc says as he shows all the warriors going out.


            Bit looks back at the entrance and then to Ami. “I thought that was for me.”

            “Now why would you think that Bit Cloud?” she asks chuckling.

            “But…”

            “Don’t worry about it. Let’s just get out there before all the other warriors have all the fun.”

            “Right.” He hops into his Zoid and follows Ami out onto the battlefield.


            The Count and other BackDraft members watch the battle as the warriors in the competition are slowly decreasing the BackDraft’s number with each shot. “Sir, there are just too many of them.”

            “But how?”

            “Are you scared count? You’ll feel out wrath now, the wrath of our Zoid warriors. You have interfered with one of their most important competition and you won’t get away from it,” proclaims the General from the headquarters. Suddenly, a shot is fired at the Whale King and hits, sending the giant ship downwards. Before it crashes though, a Raynos is seen flying out, but soon gets shot down as well. The Count scurries out, but is quickly blocked off by a giant red leg.

            “I don’t think so count.” He looks up at the giant red cat and tries to turn around only to be blocked off by a giant white cat in the opposite direction.

            “You better listen to the lady.”

            “I’m going to make you pay for what you’ve done to me, by giving you into the proper authorities.”

            “Well that surely was exciting, wouldn’t you say?” Bob asks.

            “Most definitely. But now, the battlefield has been set up and we’re ready to continue the battle.”


            “Ladies and gentlemen of the audience, I’m sorry but the battle will not be able to be continued,” the General states.


            “What’s going on here?”

            “I think it may have to do with that crack the BackDraft said about Fire Cat’s involvement with them. Let’s find out.”


            “Ami, Fire Cat, Kamiya, you have been charged with treason against the Zoid Battle Commission. The punishment is eradication of your warrior status and Zoid gear. You will never be able to fight in an official Zoid match again. That means you must be eliminated from the battle.”

            “What?” Bit says.

            “I understand.” She bows her head in defeat as well as Rapidfire.

            “This means that you Bit Cloud will be the winner.”

            “I can’t accept that,” he clearly states.

            “Why not?”

            “Because I don’t want to win by default. If Ami is disqualified, then I forfeit,” nodding his head for emphasize.

            “This is definitely another surprise ladies and gentlemen. Neither finalist is going to be accepting the title. So then what will happen?”


            “Then we have no one to give the title too.”

            “Wait.”

            “Jamie, what are you doing here?” Ami asks as Jamie runs on to the field in front of the two Zoids.

            “I’m here to save this battle. Sir, don’t disqualify Ami from the battle. She didn’t choose to fight for the BackDraft.”

            “What are you talking about?”

            “Ami was forced into becoming a member. That battle before she left, a shot was fired at her before her system went haywire. During that time, she was brainwashed into leaving the Blitz Team. And that necklace she has on only intensified the mind control. I have all the data right here and Doc is sending over another copy right now.” He lifts up a black disk, showing the evidence.

            “Can that be true?” Ami grabs the necklace and takes it off slowly, only feeling a bit of pain in the back. She blinks a couple of times and stares at it. “Woah, this feels weird.”

            “Please sir, let her have her status back and let her participate. She’s worked so hard for this honor,” Bit says. Silence hovers over the city for a few moments, waiting for the General’s decision.

            “I guess then under these conditions, Fire Cat will be allowed back in and the battle will continue against both members of the Blitz Team.” The city erupts in cheers again; happy that Fire Cat is back and that there will be a final battle.

            “I was wondering, could I please keep my place on the Fire Team? I started on that team and I would like to finish on it,” Ami asks gratefully to the elder man.

            “I don’t see why not.”

            “Could we ask you a few more requests?” Bit asks.

            “Like what?”

            “Well, we actually planned out this battle a while ago and we would like to battle on a bigger field, like the one on the borders of Zoid City.”

            “Please let us. It will be a much competition this way since we won’t have as many border restrictions and the people will love it more.”

            “Why not? This day hasn’t been normal anyways.”

            “Alright!” the two pilots cheer.


            “And there you have it ladies and gentlemen. Fire Cat is back in action and the battle has been moved. We’re going to have to get some good cameras out there.”

            “In a few hours, the final battle between Bit Cloud and Liger Zero of the Blitz Team versus Ami, the Fire Cat, Kamiya and Rapidfire of the Fire Team will happen. Ready?”



(Ami's Voice): It's official. I’m not a flunky for the BackDraft anymore. Now, all I have to do is finish them off, with help from my friends and the other Zoid warriors of course. The battle for the most powerful Zoid warrior is still on as Bit and I go for it and I’ve chosen to stay fighting as a member of the Fire Team. We've decided on only one gun each and using our speed, with him using the Jagar. Now we'll see who the better warrior is since we should be on level playing fields. Bit and Liger have sacrificed a lot to reach this far, but so have I, my brother's life. And in the end, the winner is… Well, you just gotta watch and see if you want to know. Next time, on the last episode of Zoids: Chapter Two- Bit vs. Ami, The Champion Will Be Proclaimed. Ready? Let's do it.


Zoids Chapter 2 This fanfic is complete. Hallelujah!


Best Fanfics on the Web, selected by Tim
Tim Seltzer's page www.seltzerbooks.com/tim.html


Discuss books at  Blogging about Books http://www.seltzerbooks.com/blog/
Other book reviews by Richard Seltzer
Opus authors -- contemporary writers whose entire work is great
The Readers' Corner and Writers Showcase


This site is published by Samizdat Express, 213 Deerfield Lane, West Roxbury, MA 02132-002. (203) 553-9925 seltzer@seltzerbooks.com

Book collections on CD and DVD. A library for the price of a book.
Limited time offer: 2 for the price of 1
 

Return to Samizdat Express

Google
  Webseltzerbooks.com