Richard Seltzer's home page  Publishing home

Zoids Chapter 2

By Chibi Reli, chibireli@yahoo.com
Home page http://www.geocities.com/chibireli/

Chapter 5:

The Battle to Bring Back Ligar Zero, The Ultimate-X Rapidfire Takes Flight



Zoids: Chapter Two - The Blitz Team is in the S Class, but someone is leaving the group. The pilot taking his place is a girl named Ami Kamiya, or better known as Fire Cat with her one of a kind Zoid Rapidfire. Can this new team have what it takes and is Bit falling for the new pilot.


This fanfic tells what happens to the Blitz Team after the television show. The Zoid called Rapidfire and the pilot nicknamed Fire Cat are unique. Tim Seltzer, seltzer@seltzerbooks.com


Disclaimer: Chibi Reli does not own Zoids, but did create the original characters who are not from the TV show.


            “Achoo.” Bit sneezes and hides under the covers of his bed. “Why did I have to get sick now? Why ever!” HE sneezes again and moans.

            “Hey Bit. Are you okay in there?” Ami peaks her head in and Bit looks towards her. “Wow, you look horrible.”

            “Don’t you think I know that!” he screams at her and sneezes.

            “Sorry. Anyways, I brought you something to make you feel better.” She goes in with a bowl of chicken soup. “It’s a family recipe that’s guaranteed to get you better sooner.” She smiles as she puts the soup and spoon down on his lap.

            “Thanks Ami. You didn’t have to do this though.” He takes a sip.

            “Of course I did. A friend always helps out a friend in need.” He blushes as he takes another sip.

            “So, I thought that you were supposed to be helping doc install a new component to your Zoid.”

            “I was, but I decided to take a break.”

            “You know that doc always has something up his sleeve when he buys a new part. Why did he get you one?”

            “He said it was something about Rapidfire being an Ultimate-X.”


            “What!” Leena and Jamie scream at the same time. Doctor Toros stops from his work on Rapidfire and looks at them.

            “That’s right. Rapidfire is an Ultimate-X just like the Ligar Zero.”

            “I can’t believe. Two Ultimate-X’s on the same team. What are the chances?” Jamie asks himself.

            “That’s really weird. How did you exactly find out dad?”

            “Well, after the battle with the Gemini Team, I was curious, so I took her in for an inspection. Once it was done, we discovered that she had an organoid system just like the Ligar does. And now with two Ultimate-X’s on our team, we can’t lose!”


            “I can’t believe. IT looks like now if I ever have to battle you, I’m really gonna have to be careful.” He puts the bowl down and sneezes again.

            “I think I should let you get some sleep. Get well soon, okay?” She picks up the bowl and heads out.

            “Ami, could you do me a favor?”

            “Sure. What is it?” She turns around to look at him.

            “I want you to try to take Ligar Zero on a run. I’m thinking that if Rapidfire is an Ultimate-X and wants to practice, Ligar might go to.”

            “Okay, I’ll try.”


            Ami sits in Rapidfire, looking at Ligar Zero. “Well this is going to be harder than I thought. How am I supposed to get the Ligar Zero to move? Come on Ligar. We’re going out.” She turns around and heads out, but Ligar just stays. She turns back. “Alright, let’s think. The Ligar Zero is a very temperamental Zoid that only let’s certain people pilot it, but every Zoid wants to be better than the others, so maybe. Hey Rapidfire, you’re the best Zoid ever. I mean you’re so fast, not even the Ligar Zero can beat you.”

            Suddenly, the Ligar Zero starts to roar. “Oh, do you think otherwise Ligar? Well, why don’t we just see?” She turns around and starts to run off and soon enough, the white Zoid follows. “I can’t believe it worked.”


            “Count, we are ready for the sneak attack on the Ligar Zero,” Charles announces.

            “Good. Now you know this is your last chance to redeem yourself. We need competent men at the BackDraft.”

            “You can count on me.”

            “Commander Charles, we have news.” A man enters the room where Charles and the Count are.

            “What is it?”

            “Well, it seems that the Ligar Zero and Rapidfire from the Blitz Team are heading our way.”

            “Are you sure?”

            “Yes sir.”

            “Then we’ll change plans. Get everyone ready to attack now.”


            Rapidfire and Ligar continue running. “Well, this isn’t as bad as I thought it would be. At least nothing bad has happened yet.” Suddenly, shots are fired and all stop. “It looks like a spoke too soon.” She looks above and sees a Whale King. Out of it comes dozens of Raynos and an Elephander. “I’ve never seen a Zoid like that before.”

            “You, hold it right there. Give the Ligar Zero to us now.” The Elephander moves closer.

            “No way. Let’s get out of here Ligar.” The two Zoids start to run away, but they blocked by the dozens of shots from above. Something from above comes down and lands on the Ligar, trapping it. “Oh no, Ligar.” Ami tries to approach it, but gets distracted by the shots again. Just as she starts to get away, a Raynos is lifting the Ligar off the ground. Behind her, the Elephander approaches her and fires at her, sending her to the ground.


            Bit enters the cockpit, wrapped up in a blanket, “Hey Bit, how are you feeling?” Jamie asks.

            “Not that great. Have you heard from Ami? She was supposed to take the Ligar on a run a while ago.” Suddenly, Charles’s face appears on the screen.

            “Hello again Blitz Team.”

            “You. You’re that guy from the BackDraft,” Leena comments.

            “That’s right and for your information, we have the Ligar Zero with us.” He moves away from the screen and shows the Ligar Zero chained up. “He sure is a nice Zoid, isn’t he?”

            “Give him back. Wait a sec, what did you do with Ami then?” Bit asks.

            “The girl? Oh, she’s not responsive at this time. But on to other things, I have a proposition for you. I challenge you to a battle, three on three. If you win, you get the Ligar Zero back, but if I win, I get all your Zoids, including the Ligar Zero. So, what’s your answer?”

            “We’ll fight you and we’ll win,” Bit screams.

            “Good. I’ll send you the location later.” The transmission ends.

            “Are you sure about this Bit?” Leena asks.

“Positive.”

“Jamie, we better find Ami and Rapidfire right away.”

            “I’m already on it doc.”

            The hovercraft soon arrives in the area where the attack happened and sees Rapidfire approach them. “Ami, are you okay?” Jamie’s face appears on her screen.

            “I think so. Bit, I’m so sorry. I promise I’ll get your Ligar back. Plus, I have a score to settle with them.”

            “Good, because we have a battle against the BackDraft soon, so we have to get Rapidfire fixed quickly,” Doctor Toros comments as Rapidfire enters.


            “So, does anything look suspicious? This is the BackDraft you know,” Leena comments as they arrive to a huge grass field.

            “Nothing so far. It’s way to simple.” Far away, a black Whale King appears and starts its decent. When it lands, out comes the Ligar Zero and an Elephander. After them, two Hell Cats and a Raynos come out and approach the Blitz Team.

            “Give me back my Ligar you thieves!” Bit screams then coughs.

            “Not so fast. You know the rules. You win, you get the Ligar. We win, we keep the Ligar and the rest of your Zoids.”

            “Fine, but no matter what, we’ll still beat you,” Ami states.

            “Not under these conditions.” From the sky, comes the Dark judge and a about a dozen other small cylinders. The cylinders land in a circle and start to glow. Suddenly, a wall is put up so that the BakcDraft’s and Blitz Team’s Zoids are enclosed. The hovercargo is on one side, while the Elephander and the chained Ligar Zero is on the other.

            “This is starting to look bad,” Doctor Toros says.

            “We can’t help them out with this wall up.”

            “The area within a five mile radius is a designated Zoid battle zone. All unauthorized personnel must leave the area. The Blitz Team versus the BackDraft. Battle field 0999. Ready? Fight!” The battle starts with the two Raynos battling overhead. The enemy Hell Cats quickly put on their cloaking device.

            “Oh no. Where are they?” Ami and Leena quickly look around for the cats, but instead get hit by their shots. “If we could only see them.”

            “Ami, try to run around and kick up some dust so you can kind of see them.”

            “Alright doc.” She starts to run, but quickly turns to avoid the wall. She continues to run as the enemy continues to firing.

            “Dad, it isn’t working. There’s no dust for her to kick. Now it’s my turn. Weasel Unit Total Assault!” The attack hits everything and some of the smoke shows the location of the Hell Cats and Ami quickly fires in its direction, but misses. The smoke starts to disappear.

            “Man, back to square one.” Ami and Leena get shot at again and Leena fires another round.

            “Wild Eagle, are you getting anything?”

            “Sorry, but I’m too busy with this guy.” The two Raynos fly around and shoot at each other.

            “I can’t keep firing forever. I’ll run out of ammo. And if I fire too much, Ami might get in the way.”

“If one of us could only get the Ligar Zero back and destroy the Elephander, we would be able to win this battle,” Ami says as she runs, hoping to avoid any shots.

            “But we can’t get to the other side and the others can’t get over that wall. If only Jamie was free, he could fly over.”

            “Hey, that’s it. Doc, are the new parts for Rapidfire fully set?”

            “Yeah. I was going to take them out before the battle, but I’m glad I didn’t. How are we going to get you up though?”

            “I’ll use Leena as a ramp.”

            “What! This is a top of the line GunSniper, not some ramp!”

            “It’s the only way Leena. You don’t want to lose your Zoid, do you?” Jamie states as he dodges an attack.

            “I guess not.”

            “Alright. Let’s see.” The doc types into his computer and comes up with the data. “Okay Leena. Stay where you are and when I tell you to, get ready for Ami. Now Ami, when I tell you, put your boosters on full and get your new parts ready.”

            “Okay.” She charges off.

            “So, what exactly are these new parts doc?” Bit asks.

            “You’ll see soon enough.”

            “We’re almost done Rapidfire. Just a little more.” She turns around and starts the charge for Leena as Leena tries to handle the Hell Cats.

            “Alright. Leena get ready and Ami let them loose and put on your boosters all the way.” They do as they’re told. Leena gets ready and Ami opens a pair of wings that are similar to the Raynos’ wings that were folded on the side. She runs on the GunSniper and uses it as a ramp. Once she jumps off of its head, Rapidfire flies over the wall.

            “What in the world? That Zoid couldn’t fly before?” Charles says surprised.

            “So the new parts were a pair of wings?”

            “Yeah. I realized that the Rapidfire runs fast because it is so light and I thought that it might be light enough to fly too.” Ami returns to the ground and starts a charge toward the Elephander. IT starts to fire, but she quickly maneuvers.

            “I promised Bit I would get his Ligar back and I will. Plus, no one makes a fool out of the great Fire Cat.” She starts to fire, but the Elephander puts up its shield.

            “You should try better girly.”

            “Oh, I will.” She charges past the enemy, but quickly turns around. She fires again, but misses the Elephander.

            “You need target practice Fire Cat.”

            “Oh do I? Get out of here Ligar!” The Ligar quickly gets away form the broken chains and starts to run.

            “What?”

            “I wasn’t aiming for you. I was aiming for the chains on the Ligar Zero.”

            “Why you little?” From behind, he hears a roar. He looks to see the Ligar Zero charging right at him with his strike laser claw and sends him crashing to the ground.

            “Alright, I’m sick and tired of this. Let’s go for a barrage of Weasel Unit Total Assault!” She fires a few attack one after another and soon, each Hell Cat is down.

            Above, Jamie finally locks onto the enemy. “Say goodbye.” He fires and it goes down as. “Well, that’s the last of them. SO what do you say Dark Judge?”

            “Ug. The winner is the Blitz Team.”

            “I can’t believe we actual won this battle,” Leena comments from inside her Zoid.

            “And I got my Ligar Zero back.” He hugs its foot and sneezes. “But not my health.”

            “Hey Leena, you did a great job. I mean, if it wasn’t for your GunSniper, we could have been in major trouble.”

            “Well, yeah, but if it wasn’t for your idea, we would have never been able to get the Ligar Zero back.”

            “I guess we weren’t as bad a team as we thought?”

            “Well that sure was a close one, wasn’t it doc?” Jamie says exiting his landed Raynos.

            “Yeah, it was. But something good came out of it.”

            “Oh, that we got back the Ligar Zero?”

            “Nope.”

            “That Leena and Ami seem to be friendly with each other?”

            “Nope.”

            “Then what?”

            “We got more prize money!”

            “OH doc.” Jamie hangs his head.


Hey, it’s Bit. So Harry, what do you want to talk about? You want to go on a date with Leena? She’ll never say yes. But if I convince her to go, you’ll invite Ami and me, like a double date? This might finally be the chance I need to show her how much I like her and if I make a good impression, who knows what’ll happen. But how am I going to convince Leena? Oh man, how am I even going to afford a date like the one Harry wants to go on with Leena? I need to make a good impression. Next time on Zoids: Chapter Two- Harry’s Request For a Night to Remember, The Big Date. Ready? Date!



Zoids Chapter 2 This fanfic is complete. Hallelujah!


Best Fanfics on the Web, selected by Tim
Tim Seltzer's page www.seltzerbooks.com/tim/timseltzer.html

seltzer@seltzerbooks.com  privacy statement

Google
  Webseltzerbooks.c