Zoids Chapter 2

By Chibi Reli, chibireli@yahoo.com
Home page http://www.geocities.com/chibireli/

Chapter 14:

The Top Four Placed, Liger’s Battle To The Top.

Zoids: Chapter Two - The Blitz Team is in the S Class, but someone is leaving the group. The pilot taking his place is a girl named Ami Kamiya, or better known as Fire Cat with her one of a kind Zoid Rapidfire. Can this new team have what it takes and is Bit falling for the new pilot.


This fanfic tells what happens to the Blitz Team after the television show. The Zoid called Rapidfire and the pilot nicknamed Fire Cat are unique. Tim Seltzer, seltzer@seltzerbooks.com


Disclaimer: Chibi Reli does not own Zoids, but did create the original characters who are not from the TV show.



            “And that was the last of the elimination rounds. After three days of fighting, the eight most powerful Zoids and their warriors have made it. Getting into the top eight is a big accomplishment and all the warriors here are some of the best,” Martin says up in his announcer’s box.

            “And to clear up confusion, only the top four Zoids fight in the main arena.”

            “And now for the next four battles. Our first battle is going to be between Bit Cloud and the Liger Zero and Brad Hunter and the ShadowFox. The second battle will be between Katie Yoo and her Gunsniper and Ryu Koto and his Stealth Viper. The third battle will be between Isamu Ionue and his Hell Cat and Jesse Jimenez and his Saber Fang. And the fourth battle will happen between Fire Cat and Rapidfire and Wild Eagle and Raynos.”


            “Leena, have you seen Bit anywhere?” Doc asks as Leena and Jamie have something to drink in the lounge.

            “Nope. Why?”

            “I can’t seem to find him anywhere and he’s the first up in the battle lineup.” He looks around, hoping to find the warrior.

            “Knowing him, he probably went out to find Ami.”

            “He cares about her more than I thought he did,” Jamie responds.


            “Excuse me, but have you seen Fire Cat anywhere?” Bit asks a passing mechanic.

            “Actually, I have a while ago. She went toward the main office I think.” He points to his right.

            “How long?” Bit grabs his shoulders and squeezes him.

            “Maybe an hour or two.”

            “That won’t do any good.” He lets go and the man backs away a little.

            “If you really want to meet her, wait at the registration desk after her battle.”

            “Huh?”

            “Each warrior that gets placed into the top four has to check it at the registration desk after the battle that got them into the top four since different rules and standards apply.”

            “That’s perfect! Thanks so much.” He starts his run back to the team. “Ami, I’m gonna find you one way or another.”


            “Count, everything is going the way we’ve planned it to go,” a man in a long white lab coat with blue hair and eyes says as he enters the Count’s quarters.

            “I truly am surprised this would work so well.” The man walks over and stands next to the chair the count sits in.

            “It is very easy though considering how much Fire Cat wants to win. She really is the best warrior out there and no one suspects a thing.”

            “Soon the BackDraft’s vision will come true.


            “And we’re finally ready for the first of four battles that will decide the top four Zoid warriors.”

            “From the Blue side, we have Bit Cloud and the Liger Zero from the Blitz Team. I don’t think it was a surprise that this duo got into the top eight. Their story is truly one that everyone wishes could happen to them and for this fight, he seems to have chosen the orange armor.”

            “And from the Red side, we have Brad Hunter and the ShadowFox from the Flugel Team. Just as a quick fact, the ShadowFox is a one of a kind Zoid that has never been used before Brad of course.”

            “And what makes this interesting is that these two warriors were once teammates and even fought against each other in a battle that was a draw.”

            “Well then I guess this will be the time to show who really is the better warrior.”

            “The area within a five mile radius is a designated Zoid battlefield. Bit Cloud and the Liger Zero versus Brad and the ShadowFox. Battlefield 1000. Ready? Fight!”

            “And in the second arena, from the Blue side we have Katie Yoo and her Gunsniper from the Tank Team. Katie is a returning warrior and this is her first time in the top eight. It’s her first year using the Gunsniper though, so it’s impressive how far she has gotten. From the red side, we Ryu Koto and his Stealth Viper of the Zi Team. Ryu is also a returning warrior and last year placed in the top four. It looks like he’ll be going for the top two at least this time around."

            “In the third arena, we have Jesse Jimenez and his Saber Fang of the Rico Team. It’s amazing how many Saber Fangs we’ve seen this year, but Jesse has shown that with the right training, even the most common Zoid can become a champion. And from the Red side, we have last year’s champion, Isamu Ionue and his Hell Cat the Ionue Team. Isamu has quite a special Zoid and hasn’t shown its true power yet. When he does, warriors beware. ”

            “And in the fourth arena, we have a special battle. Since airborne Zoids often overpower land Zoids, airborne are usually grouped together for the elimination rounds.”

            “And now to introduce our warriors. From the Blue side, Jamie Hemeros, the Wild Eagle, and the Raynos of the Blitz Team. This boy has certainly amazed everyone with his skills and we have also found out that this Wild Eagle is the son of the older Wild Eagle.”

            “No wonder he’s so talented.”

            “And from the Red side, we have Ami, the Fire Cat, Kamiya and Rapidfire from the Fire Team. We all had a feeling that Fire Cat would get up to here. And fighting solo against an airborne Zoid can be a difficult task, so this will really show us what she’s made of.”


            “We never did finish our first battle and in the second battle Ami fought me. It looks we’ll be able to find out who is better now,” Brad says as he starts the charge.

            “You can bet on that,” Bit answers starting his charge as well.


            “This will surely be an interesting battle. I’ve never really thought of you as a warrior,” Ami says as she tries to shoot down the maneuvering air Zoid.

            “I may not battle much, but that doesn’t mean that I’m not one of the best warriors. I got this far, didn’t I?”

            “I guess you have a point. But it doesn’t mean you’re good enough to beat me.” She dodges an attack from Jamie and continues firing.


            “Look at Bit and Brad go. It doesn’t look like either of them are going to give up easily. I really hope Bit wins though. He has the best chance of winning,” Leena comments.

            “Of course you think that. He’s on your team. I would rather have Brad win.” She closes her eyes and tilts her head away from Leena as everyone sits in the bar watching the battles.

            “But you have to admit Naomi, Bit may be a better warrior,” Leon says.

            “But there’s still Ami. There’s a chance that she may win this battle and get into the top four. She has much more experience than Jamie does and has only lost one out of her hundred or so battles,” Jack replies.

            “We really need that money though, so hopefully Bit and Jamie win,” Doc says while looking at the bill.


            “His aim is definitely getting better and he already knows most of my moves. But I can’t get up as high as he is. If he only came down.” She dodges attack after attack.

            “Airborne Zoids are supposed to have an advantage against types like Rapidfire, but her speed is just too quick for me to get a perfect shot from this distance. I could try going closer, but I don’t know if that will do it.” He lowers the Raynos a bit and fires, getting the closest shot he has all battle, but quickly moves back up as he almost gets shot down. “Darn it. Maybe I have to go down further.” He points his Raynos down, hoping for the best.

            “It looks like he’s coming down again. And I have a plan this time.” She moves closer to the wall, standing still. “That’s it. Just a little closer.” She waits as the Raynos gets as close as she wants it to get. “Now!” Rapidfire chases for the wall and opens up her wings. She pushes herself off the wall at an angle so that she pushes herself into the air. “I gotcha birdie.”

            “What in the?” As Wild Eagle starts to pull up, Fire Cat comes along and rams the side with her head, shaking up the Raynos. Fire Cat lands back on the ground and pushes herself off the wall again into the air.

            “Strike Laser Claw!” This time, Rapidfire takes her claw and slices the Raynos’ wing off. As Rapidfire lands safely on the ground, Raynos loses control and spirals to the ground, as the remnants of his wing sparks and smokes. Wild Eagle furiously grabs at his controls, hoping that his Zoid would get up.

            “Come on. Get up Raynos.”

            “I don’t think so.” Rapidfire pounces on the Raynos as he’s almost ground level, using her paws to hold down the head and body. She takes her teeth and bites into the flying Zoid’s neck. Then with one swift yank, Rapidfire pulls off the Raynos’ head off its body and throws it to the side, leaving a dead body behind.

            “Oh man. I can’t believe what I just saw. For all of you guys who didn’t see, Rapidfire has just ripped off the Raynos’ head like she was picking a grape off a vine.

            “Let’s hope that the pilot is okay, or Fire Cat will have to be disqualified.” They watch as they see Wild Eagle stumble out of the Zoid’s head in one piece.

            “The Raynos is no long able to fight. The winner is Rapidfire.”

            “My goodness. I still cannot believe what has just happened here. I never expected Rapidfire to rip off that Zoid’s head.”

            “She’s really starting to get aggressive now and that is understandable in fierce competitions like this. A warrior has to do what she has to do to win.”

            “But wasn’t that a little too much? I can’t believe the judges let that happen.”

            “As long as the warrior wasn’t killed, they can’t do anything about it. But whoever is up with her for the next round should beware that she won’t be a pushover.”


            “No. I thought I would finish before she did. I need to hurry up.” Bit starts charging faster, using his strike laser claw a number of times, but missing each one as he rushes.

            “This isn’t like you Bit. I know you’re head strong sometimes, but you seem to be rushing everything.” The ShadowFox starts to back away from the Liger.

            “You know what? Just strike me down so I don’t look like a total fool giving up.”

            “Giving up? Why?”

            “I haven’t been able to speak to Ami since she left and the only way I can talk to her is if I get to her when she goes to the registration desk after she wins, which she has. And I really need to talk to her, no matter if I blow my chances as the winner. So just do it.” He closes his eyes, ready for the hit.

            “Wow Bit. I can’t believe you would do that. I know I’m going to regret this though.” Suddenly, the ShadowFox charges, but passes him and knocks into the wall.

            “The ShadowFox is no longer able to battle. The winner is Bit Cloud and the Liger Zero.”

            “Brad? But why?”

            “There’s no time for explanations. You need to find Ami. So go.”

            “Alright.”


            “These battles just get weirder and weirder. First Rapidfire rips off the Raynos’ head and now ShadowFox just ran into a wall for no apparent reason.”

            “I think I’m getting to old for this job.”


            Bit waits by the doors to the registration desk, tapping his right foot and arms crossed. “Where can she be?” He looks around and finally sees Ami coming toward him. “Ami! Ami!” he screams as he runs toward her. She doesn’t notice and passes him, leaving him dumbstruck.  “Why isn’t she answering?” He thinks for a second. “Um, Fire Cat! It’s me, Bit!” She suddenly stops and turns around, looking at Bit for the first time in days.

            “Bit Cloud. It’s been a while.” She smirks and gives a little chuckle.

            “Oh man. I never thought I would talk or even see you again except on the battlefield.” Before he can say anymore, Ami turns around and starts walking towards her destination. “Wait Ami, I want to talk to you.” Bit runs after her and stops as she does, without turning around.

            “Well I don’t want to talk to you.” Bit suddenly, freezes, unable to talk hearing the words he just heard.

            “What?”

            “The only way I’m ever going to talk to you is on the battlefield, when we face each other in the final battle. I’m sick and tired of being paired with you as the best warriors. I am the best and the only reason your team stayed in Class C was because of me and I’m going to prove that to the world,” she says tensing up.

            “Ami, what wrong with you?” He takes a few steps forward until Ami spins around, the pendant on her necklace glowing.

            “Nothing’s wrong. I’ve just realized a lot of things lately, like how much I hate you. I’ll only talk to you on the battlefield Bit Cloud.” She turns back around and heads through the doors, leaving Bit outside alone.

            “Alright, I’ll see you out there, if I can win.”


(Jamie’s Voice): Bit and Liger and Ami and Rapidfire have made it into the top four, along with two other warriors from other teams. I hope that they don’t have to fight against each other, but there’s a good chance. Ami is close to finishing off her battle and Bit is going to start to start soon. I hope he has what it takes to get into the top two. Bit and Liger really are a great team. The problem is that Bit’s been really depressed. Come on Bit, it looks like you’re holding back. Bring out Liger’s full potential. Next time on Zoids: Chapter Two- Bit’s Fight Into the Top Two, The Decision To Fight To the End. Ready? Fight!



Zoids Chapter 2 This fanfic is complete. Hallelujah!


Best Fanfics on the Web, selected by Tim
Tim Seltzer's page www.seltzerbooks.com/tim.html


Discuss books at  Blogging about Books http://www.seltzerbooks.com/blog/
Other book reviews by Richard Seltzer
Opus authors -- contemporary writers whose entire work is great
The Readers' Corner and Writers Showcase


This site is published by Samizdat Express, 213 Deerfield Lane, West Roxbury, MA 02132-002. (203) 553-9925 seltzer@seltzerbooks.com

Book collections on CD and DVD. A library for the price of a book.
Limited time offer: 2 for the price of 1
 

Return to Samizdat Express

Google
  Webseltzerbooks.com