Zoids Chapter 2

By Chibi Reli, chibireli@yahoo.com
Home page http://www.geocities.com/chibireli/

Chapter 15:

Bit’s Fight into the Top Two, The Decision to Fight to the End. 

Zoids: Chapter Two - The Blitz Team is in the S Class, but someone is leaving the group. The pilot taking his place is a girl named Ami Kamiya, or better known as Fire Cat with her one of a kind Zoid Rapidfire. Can this new team have what it takes and is Bit falling for the new pilot.


This fanfic tells what happens to the Blitz Team after the television show. The Zoid called Rapidfire and the pilot nicknamed Fire Cat are unique. Tim Seltzer, seltzer@seltzerbooks.com


Disclaimer: Chibi Reli does not own Zoids, but did create the original characters who are not from the TV show.


            “Hey there Bit, congrats on getting this far.” Bit looks down from on top the Liger Zero to see his fellow teammates plus the Flugel team and Jack.

            “Thanks Leon.” He smiles and hops off the Liger.

            “You know things are just going to get a lot harder now?” Jamie says.

            “Yeah, I know. You feel better now Jamie?”

            “I’m fine. Just a few bruises.”

            “You better be careful if you have to fight Ami Bit,” Brad says.

            “Yeah, I know." He looks at Brad. “Brad, I never got to ask you why you gave up the chance to advance.”

            “Are you asking now?” He crosses his arms and looks straight at Bit.

            “Yeah.” Bit nods his head for emphasize.

            “When you talked about hurrying the battle so you could get to Ami made me realize how much you really care about her. And a woman who would make you give up a whole lifetime’s worth of work must be more than just a little crush. And anyways, you were winning the battle before you started hurrying up. You would’ve won and you’ve always been the better warrior between the two of us.”

            “Thank you so much Brad, but I don’t if I can fight now.” He looks away not wanting to see his friend’s faces.

            “Why not?” Doc asks.

            “Ami told me the only way she would talk to me was if I battled her in the finals.”

            “So?”

            “I wanted to battle her under different conditions, where we would enjoy the fight. I still don’t understand why she would act like this.”

            “Bit, you can’t give up a chance like this. If you don’t win, you may never see Ami again. And then after you lose the battle, you’re going to regret never having tried your best to go against her. She means a lot more to you than you realize. You need to see her,” Leena screams in his face, for the first time supporting him fully.

            “Attention. Bit Cloud please report for your battle. This is your last warning.”

            “I guess I’ll be going then.” He sighs and turns toward the Liger.


            “Welcome ladies and gentlemen to the final rounds of the All Class championships. We are finally down to our top four warriors you will now be fighting in the main arena.”

            “And now, for those who just tuned in, some info about the previous battles for the top four positions. In the battle between Bit Cloud and Brad Hunter, it seemed to be a tie until the Liger Zero acted a bit strange. Soon after, the ShadowFox ran straight into the wall, knocking it out of commission. Between Katie Yoo and Ryu Koto, the stealth viper seemed to be too much of a match for the Gunsniper.”

            “Between Jesse Jimenez and Isamu Ionue, the Helcat’s superior capability seemed to be too much for the Saber Fang. And finally, between Fire Cat and Wild Eagle, it seemed the Raynos would win. But as soon as he came in closer for a better shot, Rapidfire took advantage and ripped the Raynos’ head. The pilot is okay though.”

            “And now, for the first fight to decide one of the top two warriors, from the blue side we have Bit Cloud and the Liger Zero from the Blitz Team. It also seems that Bit has chosen the blue armor here. Bit has really worked hard to get up here, including the help of his team and other fellow warriors. This will be one of Bit’s hardest fights we believe.”

            “And from the red side, we have Ryu Koto and his Stealth Viper from the Zi Team. With this Zoid, Ryu has certainly gotten himself out of many close calls. It is no surprise though that he has placed in the top four, but we will soon see if he can get into the top two.”

            “The area within an eight mile radius is a designated Zoid battlefield. Bit Cloud and the Liger Zero versus Ryu Koto and the Stealth Viper. Battlefield 1001. Ready? Fight!”

            “Let’s go Liger.” The Liger starts firing as he charges, but the Stealth Viper slithers away.

            “Too slow kitty.” The snake goes toward the Liger and as Liger moves away, the snake bites onto Liger’s tail. The Liger roars out in what seems pain and starts running around the stadium, knocking the snake against the wall once before it falls off.

            “That wasn’t very nice.”

            “Anything goes in a battle. Your partner Fire Cat showed everyone that.”


            “Bit can win this fight, so why isn’t he Dad?”

            “I don’t really know Leena. He’s still holding back some of his skill.”

            “I think he’s doubting fighting Ami again,” Leon comments as he watches Bit closer.


            Liger attempts another pass at the Stealth Viper, but misses and runs away before it can hit him. “Is this worth it? I don’t know if I can fight her like this?” On a hunch, Bit looks into the audience and sees a familiar face. It’s Ami, standing by one of the main entrances watching the fight. “She looks so sad. I want the old Ami back.” Suddenly, the Liger shakes as it’s hit.


            “Bit you fool, pay attention,” Doc screams at the television.


            “Am I doing the right thing?” Suddenly as he looks at Ami again, remembering the time before she left.

            “You and I both know there’s a pretty good chance we’ll go up against each other. What would happen?”

            “I guess we would just battle and make it a great one at that.”

            “One that they’ll never forget. And we should have it on a huge field so we have plenty of room.”

            “And to make it even better, I say we do Rapidfire versus Jagar and only one gun a piece.”

            “But no matter what, we would still be the great cat duo we are now, right?”

            “Definitely. Anyways, we would still have the next year to fight each other.”

            “When are you going to tell Ami how you feel?”

            “About what?”

            “About her and you can’t hide it. Everyone can tell you love her Bit, so you should stop trying to hide it.”

            “I wouldn’t know how to. I mean I could do something like in those romance movies, but that’s so corny.”

             “She pretty special Bit. IF you don’t tell her, someone else will for sure.” Leon turns toward the sunset. “You once told me that you’ve been searching all over the world for the perfect Zoid partner, but on that journey, you’ve also found the perfect human partner who almost relates to you in every way. SO, what are you waiting for?”

            “What am I waiting for? I want the old Ami back. The one who would spend time with me and always make me feel better. That’s why I want to go up against her. If I don’t. I’ll never get a chance to get her back. This one is for you Ami.” Liger starts its charge again dodging each shot fired by the snake. He circles around and soon pounces on the snake, paralyzing it. Liger takes its claw and slashes the snake.


            “Well that’s it ladies and gentlemen. It looks like Bit and the Liger Zero have won the first of the two spots in the finals.

            “That was an amazing battle. Bit and the Liger just seemed to get this incredible surge of energy from nowhere.”

            “And next we will have the battle, but first the battlefield must be cleaned off. Meanwhile, let’s go to our person behind the scenes, Maria Sanchez, for her interview with Bit Cloud.”

            “Thanks you guys. I’m here now with one of the two top warriors, Bit Cloud of the Blitz Team. Bit, how do you feel about winning this battle? For your first time being here, you’ve already made it into the top two.”

            “I think I’m pretty proud of myself to tell the truth. I always had confidence that Liger and I would get to the top, but with how things were going, I wasn’t sure if the confidence would be enough.”

            “You’re talking about Fire Cat, aren’t you? How would you feel if you fought against her?”

            “Yes, I’m talking about Ami and I want to face her. I hope that facing her, I can talk her back into the warrior and friend she once was. I have no idea why she’s acting like this though.”

            “Well, good luck Bit in the next round. Back to you guys in the stands.”

            “Thanks Maria. We are now ready for our next battle to determine the next person to be placed into the top two. From the blue side, we have last year’s champion, Isamu Ionue and his Helcat from the Inoue Team. Isamu has certainly lived up to his title of the most powerful warrior, but now he’s really gonna have to work for it. He also states that he has a secret weapon that he’s ready to use, but no one has seen it yet. And from the red side, we have Ami, the Fire Cat, Kamiya and her Rapidfire from the Fire Team. There’s no surprise that the great Fire Cat has made it into the top four. She also has a pretty good chance of getting into the top two and by the way she’s been battling, she wants Isamu’s title.”

            “The area within an eight mile radius is a designated Zoid battlefield. Isamu Ionue and the Helcat versus Fire Cat and the Rapidfire. Battlefield 1001. Ready? Fight!”

            “You’re going down Isamu.”

            “We’ll just see about that.” The two start their charge and the Helcat starts to fire, but Rapidfire quickly moves behind him and starts shooting. Isamu gets away and starts firing again, but Ami evades each attack with out a problem.


            “Look at Ami go. Isamu can’t even touch her.”

            “Why can’t Isamu do something? If Ami wins, Bit will have a hard time winning the championships. At least against Isamu he has a better chance.”

            “Don’t forget, Isamu still has a secret weapon of some kind. He could still win.”


            Isamu misses another shot by Rapidfire by a thread and runs away, trying to get space from her. “Man, she’s better than I thought and this is just the beginning of the battle. I might as well try out my secret weapon then.”

            “You’re mine.” Ami starts to charge again, but suddenly the other red cat disappears in front of her eyes. Where is he?” She looks around franticly looking for a sign.

            “And it looks like Isamu’s secret weapon was a stealth shield, usually made just for Helcats. Who would’ve guessed? But is Fire Cat able to fight an invisible enemy?”

            “Scared aren’t you Fire Cat?” From nowhere, shots are fired and Rapidfire barely dodges them.

            “I’ve never been scared in my life and I won’t start now.”  She looks around, searching for a sign.  “There has to be someway to find him.”

            “Listen Ami, listen, like the way a cat does to locate its prey.”

            “Huh?” Suddenly, she hears the gears of another Zoid moving. “Wait a sec. I may not see him, but I can still hear him.” She stays still for a while and hears more gears moving behind her. She moves right out of the way before the shots hit her.

            “Well, it looks like either Fire Cat was lucky or she has a plan of some kind. How can someone escape an invisible enemy?” Rapidfire continues to dodge the shots quickly, only getting hit a few times. She suddenly stops and listens again.

            “I got you and your title!” She fires a barrage of shots to her right and the Helcat appears, falling down on its side in defeat.

            “That’s it ladies and gentlemen. We have our two top warriors for the final battle. The next and final battle for the All Class Zoid Championship will be between Bit Cloud and the Liger Zero versus Ami, the Fire Cat, Kamiya and Rapidfire. This will surely be a great match.”


            “No. It can’t be. Now that Ami is going to fight in the next battle, Bit doesn’t have that good of a chance,” Doctor Toros says while covering his face pretending to cry with the rest of the team around.

            “Thanks for the vote of confidence doc. At least I’ll be able to talk to Ami though.”

            “Hey Bit, I’ve been doing some research on the battle before Ami left, and I was wondering if you’ve noticed anything strange about Ami when you met her?” Jamie asks.

            “Actually, she had this weird necklace around her neck that glowed. Could that be something?”

            “It could be. I’m gonna do some more research.”


(Leena's Voice): Bit and Ami have made it into the final round. Now they're going to have to duke it out for the right to be called the most powerful Zoid warrior. Wow, a battle between two Ultimate-X's. It should be just as good as the battle between the Liger Zero and the Berserk Fury. But is Bit up to the challenge? And just as it looks like things are going to get heated, the Ligar Zero stops. Wait, Bit, what in the world are you doing? Don't get out of the Ligar Zero. You have a championship to win. What are you talking about Dad? Bit’s going to do something that’s even harder than his most difficult Zoid battle? But will it be enough to help Ami and will he have to sacrifice his chances of winning? Next time, on an emotional Zoids: Chapter Two-The Toughest Battle of Them All, Bit Speaks from the Heart. Ready? Speak.



Zoids Chapter 2 This fanfic is complete. Hallelujah!


Best Fanfics on the Web, selected by Tim
Tim Seltzer's page www.seltzerbooks.com/tim.html


Discuss books at  Blogging about Books http://www.seltzerbooks.com/blog/
Other book reviews by Richard Seltzer
Opus authors -- contemporary writers whose entire work is great
The Readers' Corner and Writers Showcase


This site is published by Samizdat Express, 213 Deerfield Lane, West Roxbury, MA 02132-002. (203) 553-9925 seltzer@seltzerbooks.com

Book collections on CD and DVD. A library for the price of a book.
Limited time offer: 2 for the price of 1
 

Return to Samizdat Express

Google
  Webseltzerbooks.com