Richard Seltzer's home page  Publishing home

Zoids Chapter 2

By Chibi Reli, chibireli@yahoo.com
Home page http://www.geocities.com/chibireli/

Chapter 7:

The Five Year Anniversary, Ami’s Day of Reckoning.



Zoids: Chapter Two - The Blitz Team is in the S Class, but someone is leaving the group. The pilot taking his place is a girl named Ami Kamiya, or better known as Fire Cat with her one of a kind Zoid Rapidfire. Can this new team have what it takes and is Bit falling for the new pilot.


This fanfic tells what happens to the Blitz Team after the television show. The Zoid called Rapidfire and the pilot nicknamed Fire Cat are unique. Tim Seltzer, seltzer@seltzerbooks.com


Disclaimer: Chibi Reli does not own Zoids, but did create the original characters who are not from the TV show.



            Ami lies on her back on Rapidfire outside looking at the clouds. She’s dressed all in black and they both stay completely silent. “I can’t believe it. Five years.”

 Bit and Leena run in the field in their Zoids while talking. “I can’t believe we have to look for her. I mean, if she wants to stay away form us, we should just let her,” Leena comments.

            “But Ami’s been acting really weird lately. Something must be up and anyways, we need her for the next battle. Doc said it’s supposed to be four on four.”

            “Hey, there she is. Finally, it took long enough.” Leena points out the giant red cat.

            “She looks really sad. What’s going on with her?”

            “Hey Ami!” Leena screams as they both stop.

            “Huh?” She looks behind and sees the Zoids stopping. “What is it?”

            “We need you inside. Dad has some info about our next Zoid battle.”

            “Alright. I’m coming.” She gets up and gets ready to go back.



            “Good, everyone’s here,” Doctor Toros says as everyone sits in the common area. He stands as everyone else sits down, Ami sitting the farthest she could form the others and starring at the wall. “We have our next battle all planned out. It will be tomorrow against a very powerful team, the Slasher Team.”

            “What! The Slasher Team! Are you sure?” Ami snaps out of her stupor and looks at him.

            “Yes, I’m completely sure. And what was interesting was that the leader seemed especially happy when he found out that you were part of this team Ami.”

            “It can’t be. Not him.” She starts to bite her thumb, nervously. “What towns are we close to then?”

“I think we’re near West City.”

“West City? I’m sorry you guys, but I can’t fight.” She gets up from the sofa and runs out of the room.

            “Whoa, what’s up with her? She doesn’t seem very excited about this battle.”

            “I don’t know Jamie, but we should find out.” Bit jumps out and follows Ami out the door.


            Everyone rides in the desert looking for Ami in the hover cargo. “There she is.” Jamie points out Rapidfire lying in the field.

            Bit, followed by the others come out of the hover cargo and run toward the Zoid.

“Ami! Ami!” She turns toward the voice and sees Bit and the others coming towards her through her red puffy eyes. She takes her right arm and quickly rubs her eyes to get rid of any tears. Bit stops right next to the Zoid and the other three arrive as well.

“Ami, what’s wrong with you? We’ve really been worried about you lately,” Bit asks concerned.

“Yeah, you haven’t been the same lately,” Jamie comments.

“I’m sorry for making you guys worry so much. I guess I owe you an explanation.” She points her head away from them and looks out into the horizon.

“That would be helpful,” Leena states crossing her arms. Ami sits down, letting her legs dangle off the side of Rapidfire and looks down at them.

“You see, it’s just that tomorrow is going to be the fifth year anniversary of my partner’s death. But Kikeru was more than a partner to me; he was my brother and only family. My mother and father died when I was young, so my brother had to take care of me. When I was old enough though, he signed me up to be a Zoid warrior and we even had our own team, the Fire Team. We were a great team and won every battle, but it was mostly my brother who won the battles. He was a great Zoid warrior and was unbeatable and also had an incredible red Blade Liger which wouldn’t get damaged no matter what it took.

One day, we got a challenge from the Slasher Team and I thought it was just another battle and an easy win. What I didn’t know was that Kikeru and Pierce, the leader of the team have had a feud for a long time. We battled them and easily beat three out of the four Raptors. The only one standing was Pierce himself. Kikeru and I started to approach him for the kill, but suddenly he got this smug look on his face and told us that we had better get out if we wanted to survive. We both thought he was bluffing, so we ignored him. When we thought we had him though, a bright light appeared that blinded us. The next thing I knew, a huge pack of missiles were heading right toward me. I froze because I didn’t know what to do. Then Kikeru came running towards me just as the missiles hit. Everything went black after that.

When I woke up, I found myself in a hospital room. A doctor came in to check on me and told me that I had been in a coma for about two weeks because of the battle. I asked him where Kikeru was, but all he did was lower his head and shake no. That was all I needed to know. Later I found out that my brother had come in front of me just as the missiles hit and took most of the blow. No one could charge Pierce though since there was no evidence to prove he killed Kikeru. It was just a mistake to everyone, but my brother, Pierce, and me. It took me a long time before I could ever go back into or near a Zoid. Since then, I’ve become a lone warrior and tried to stay away from any battles with him, but it seems that he’s finally come back to haunt me. If I wasn’t so dumb as to just stand there, he would be alive. It’s all my fault,” she finishes her story sadly and bows down her head crying.

“That is the saddest story I ever heard,” the doc states, sniffing as it looks like he’s starting to cry.

“It’s not your fault. If you should blame someone, you should blame that Pierce guy. He’s the one who killed your brother,” Bit says trying to comfort her. Everyone else seems sad, just as Ami.

“And this is your chance to pay him back. If you beat him, then you’ll show him who the real warrior is,” Jamie says determined.

“But the thing is I can’t go against him. His face alone gives me nightmares. I would just be useless.” She takes her arm and tries to wipe away the tears again.

“Ami, we could really use you in the next battle, but you don’t have to battle if you don’t want to. You can tell us tomorrow, okay?” the doc suggests.

“Okay.”


Rapidfire comes out of the hover cargo with no one else following. Ami looks back at the hover cargo. “I’m sorry you guys, but I just can’t do it.” Ami steers Rapidfire toward the city, but Rapidfire tries to turn back to the hover cargo. “No Rapidfire. We’re not going into the battle. Now let’s go.” She steers the Zoid toward the city again and they run off. Meanwhile, the others look out the window and see her leave.

“I can’t believe she actually left. I was sure that she would say and fight.”

“If I went through something like she did, I don’t think I would be able to fight ever again,” Leena comments.

“I guess we should get ready for the battle then,” Bit suggests.


Ami sits in a field a couple of miles from West City. Rapidfire sits down right next to her and together they look out into the horizon. Rapidfire cries out again. “That’s right Rapidfire. This is where everything happened five years ago. Kikeru, if only you were still here. I miss you so much.”

“Why aren’t you battling Ami?”

“Who said that?” Ami looks around only to see a transparent red Blade Liger. “You’re a ­Blade Liger. But how can you talk?"

“It’s me Ami. You know you should be battling right now with your team, not here.”

“But I can’t go near him. It’s too hard.”

“Listen to me Ami, if you don’t go Bit or Leena or Jamie could be the next to die. Pierce might try that trick again. Then what will you do? I know you can do it. The reason I gave myself up was to protect you. I knew that one day you and Rapidfire would become a great team. Even better than I ever was. If you don’t fight, you’ll never be able to become the great warrior that I thought you would become because there would always be that one team who could never defeat.”

“You’re right. I can’t let anything happen to the others. Thanks. Come on Rapidfire, we have a battle to win.” Rapidfire roars in agreement.


“Man, this battle is harder than I thought, especially with these odds,” Bit comments in his Liger Zero.

“But at least we have some kind of advantage. The enemy doesn’t have a flying type like we do.”

“Don’t worry about it you guys. I’ll take care of everything from up here.”

“You won’t for very long fly boy.” Suddenly a giant lightening rod like probe comes from the back of Pierce’s Zoid. A bright light appears and blinds everyone.

“Where did that come from?” Jamie asks out loud. Suddenly, the Raynos gets shot and falls down. The light disappears and they all see the Raynos on the ground.

“No way! They shot Jamie down!” Leena screams.

“Now we’re in big trouble.”

“Dad, what happened back there?”

“I don’t know. All I could get was that a light appeared and Pierce took advantage of it. It should have taken a lot of energy though, so he won’t pull off a stunt like that for a while.”

“Well, at least there’s some good news.” The remaining four Zoids surround the Gunsniper and Liger Zero.

“Hey boss, could we finish them off?” asks one of the warriors.

“Sure. I thought this would be a more enjoyable fight though,” Pierce comments.

“Alright. Say goodbye kiddies.”

“Not so fast you jerk!” A barrage of shots come from nowhere and brings down one of the Raptors.

“Where did that come from?” Pierce asks. In the distance, a little speck appears and as it approaches, Rapidfire takes form.

“Alright, the reinforcements have arrived,” Bit cheers.

“So, you’ve finally come back Ami. I’ve heard you’ve made quite a name for yourself.” Rapidfire stops a few yards from Pierce.

“Yes I have, no thanks to you.”

“Well then, we have a score to settle.”

“We sure do. Bit, go back to the hover cargo and transform into Schneider.”

“Okay.” He turns around and heads away.

“Let’s get this started. Weasel Unit Total Assault!” The enemy Zoids start to dodge as Ami starts chasing after Pierce. Behind her, another Raptor follows and starts firing. Ami dodges as she tries to hit Pierce.

“Can’t you do any better than that Ami? You’re nothing compared to your brother.”

“That’s not true.”

“Are you sure? It was your fault he’s dead now isn’t it? If you were only fast enough, you could have escaped and Kikeru wouldn’t have needed to jump in front of those missiles.”

“No, you’re wrong.” She slows down and finally stops, so the Raptor from behind rams into her.

“Buster Slash!” Bit knocks down the Raptor. “Ami, what are you doing?”

“I can’t fight anymore. It’s all my fault.” She grabs the controls tighter and lowers her head.

“Don’t say that. It wasn’t your fault and you know it.” Pierce fires at the two Zoids and knocks them off their feet.

“I’m sick of this. Let’s end it now. Get ready little girl.” The probe appears again and the light goes on.

“Not again.” The light appears and spreads everywhere.

“Familiar huh? You’ll soon meet your brother.”

“I can’t let that happen.” She struggles to open her eyes and looks ahead to see something coming towards the probe and then sees something popping up from the ground. “He’s been cheating,” she whispers to herself. “You’ve been cheating!”

“I don’t know what you’re talking about.”

“We’ll see.” She points her gun for his Raptor and fires. The probe breaks off and everyone sees the gun coming from the ground.

“So, he really isn’t that powerful. He just hid weapons on the battlefield,” the doc comments.

“Then that’s how you killed my brother. He probably saw your sneak attack too.”

            “That’s right. I also had some help from some old friends of the Blitz Team.”

“What are you talking about?” Leena asks.

“It’s none other than the BackDraft.” From above, a giant Whale King descends.

“And now that you know our secret, we’re going to have to destroy you.” The doors to the Whale King open up and drop off dozens of Raynos’.

“Unauthorized personnel in the battlefield. Please remove yourself,” the white judge demands. From the sky, comes the dark judge.

“Be quiet. This battle seems alright by me,” the dark judge comments.

“Now, let’s get down to business, starting with you Ami.”

“Sorry, but not right now.” She turns around and starts to run away.

“Ami! Where are you going? Come back here!” Bit screams.

“It looks like the great Fire Cat has become nothing more than a scared kitty cat.”

“Pierce would like us to attack now?” asks one of the BackDraft members.

“Sure thing Minako. Go for it.”

“Alright, you heard him troops.” The BackDraft starts its attack and the Liger and Gunsniper start to defend themselves.

“Weasel Unit Total Assault!”

“Buster Slash!”

“Well that didn’t help every much. Now what?”

“Just give up your Zoids then.” One of the Raptors approach, but suddenly a blur comes by and strikes it down, followed by a loud roar. “What just happened?”

“Jamie, what did just happen?” Doctor Toros asks Jamie who had returned to the hover cargo.

“I think that was Rapidfire. “

“But it was going so fast.”

“I’ve never seen any land Zoid go that fast. It’s even faster than the Jagar at top speeds.”

“That’s amazing.”

“Could it be Ami?” Leena asks.

“It sure is. You’ve ruined my life one too many times Pierce and I won’t let you ruin anyone else’s.” She continues her amazing speed and knocking down each enemy Zoid in her path.

“Come on. Someone get her!” Pierce commands. But as hard as they try, she is still too fast for anyone.

“Let’s help her out Leena.”

“You got my vote.” Leena and Bit charge forward and start firing. Ami continues running at top speed, knocking down each Zoid one by one. The enemy tries to fire, but the shots pass.

“I still can’t believe she’s going this fast. She should be unconscious by now.” Jamie continues to type into the computer, taking data.

“And Rapidfire should have collapsed by now. I don’t know how they could both be up still.”

“It really shows how Rapidfire is an Ultimate-X.”

Soon, all the enemy Zoids are on the ground still. The only Zoid left standing is Pierce’s Raptor. “There’s no way you can be that fast!”

“Normally yes, but I’ve decided to make an exception. This one is for Kikeru. Strike Laser Claw!” She runs and strikes him so he falls to the ground.

“The battle is over. The winner is the Blitz Team,” both judges state, one happy and one sad.

“Finally brother, you can rest in peace.” Rapidfire comes to a full stop. She suddenly starts to spark and then collapses to the ground as Ami falls unconscious.


Ami stands in front of a gravestone during sunset holding a bouquet of flowers. She kneels down to put them on the grave and then stands back up, looking at the sunset. Bit and the others stand a couple of yards away from her, looking. “She looks so sad,” Leena comments.

“She lost her whole family. Nothing should ever happen like this to anyone,” Jamie says.

“I feel so bad for her. Maybe someone should go check up on her.”

“Great idea Bit. Why don’t you go?” The doc pushes him forward.

“Me?”

“Why not? You’re closer to her than any of us.”

“Okay.” HE walks towards her. When he gets to her, he just stands there, looking at the sunset.

“Kikeru’s favorite time of day was sunset. Every night, we would sit outside and watch the sunset. Sometimes I would ask him why he liked sunsets so much and all he ever told me was that at the end of the day, you could always count the great things that you have or that happened that day and as long as you had all those great things that day, you will never be disappointed about the next day. You could never do that with the sunrise.”

“Well, you have a lot of things to be happy about today. You finally got revenge for your brother’s death and Pierce is getting punished.”

“He is?” She turns her head towards him.

“Yeah. The Zoid Battle Commission contacted us and said that his Zoid gear has been taken away permenately and that he is going to be tried for all the people he’s hurt in the battles, especially you brother.”

“That’s good.” She turns her head back towards the sunset.

“And there’s more to be happy about. You are a great Zoid warrior and have a one of a kind Zoid. Plus, you have a team full of people that really care about you and will always be there for you.”

“You’re right Bit. Thanks for the talk.” She takes his hand in hers and rests her head on his shoulder. Bit stiffens for a minute, but relaxes. “Bit?”

“Yeah?”

“While you guys were battling, I heard a voice coming from a Zoid. It told me that I should go to the battle and fight. The thing was that it was the same Zoid as Kikeru piloted. Do you think that wherever he is, he’s watching over me, especially when I’m battling?”

“Yeah, I think he is and if I was him right now, I wouldn’t think the sacrifice was in vain. And, I would also be very proud of you.”


(Leena’s Voice): After all these battles, I think that we deserve a vacation and no place can be better than the beach. Surfing, sunning, and a great opportunity to show off my great body. Wow, there’s a beauty competition. Hey, this is a great opportunity to show Ami off. We’ll finally see who the really beauty is. Wait a sec, what is the BackDraft doing here? And just as I was about to win the contest too. You’ll pay for ruining my chances. Next time on Zoids: Chapter Two- Time for a Vacation, The Two Blitz Beauties Battle It Off. Ready? Fight!



Zoids Chapter 2 This fanfic is complete. Hallelujah!


Best Fanfics on the Web, selected by Tim
Tim Seltzer's page www.seltzerbooks.com/tim/timseltzer.html

seltzer@seltzerbooks.com  privacy statement

Google
  Webseltzerbooks.c