Zoids Chapter 2

By Chibi Reli, chibireli@yahoo.com
Home page http://www.geocities.com/chibireli/

Chapter 11:

The BackDraft Changes Its View, Wolverine Back to Fight to the Death

Zoids: Chapter Two - The Blitz Team is in the S Class, but someone is leaving the group. The pilot taking his place is a girl named Ami Kamiya, or better known as Fire Cat with her one of a kind Zoid Rapidfire. Can this new team have what it takes and is Bit falling for the new pilot.


This fanfic tells what happens to the Blitz Team after the television show. The Zoid called Rapidfire and the pilot nicknamed Fire Cat are unique. Tim Seltzer, seltzer@seltzerbooks.com


Disclaimer: Chibi Reli does not own Zoids, but did create the original characters who are not from the TV show.


            The count and Trainor, the man Harry spoke with, walk into the bay where the giant Wolverine stands, being worked on. “I thought that the Wolverine was supposed to be the best Zoid around,” the count replies looking at the Zoid.

            “It is.”

            “Then how come it was defeated by the Blitz Team Trainor?”

            “That’s because we trusted the wrong man with it. He never even used some of the special aspects about the Wolverine, but I’ll show them all.”

            “You’re going to go into battle then?”

            “Yes. I’ll show everyone the true power of the Wolverine.”


            “Hey you guys. We’ve gotten a new challenge.”

            “Really? Against who?” Leena asks her father as she and the other three members sit at attention.

            “It seems to be against the Wolverine Team.”

            “Wait? The same Wolverine we beat a while ago?” Bit asks.

            “It seems so. Whoever is piloting this Zoid has become an official warrior and is beating a new team by himself almost everyday.” The doc shows the Wolverine’s stats on the giant screen.

            “Why should we be so scared though? If we beat this thing once, we can beat it again.” He stands up and punches one hand the other.

            “Bit’s right. We have nothing to worry about,” Ami says twirling her tail.


            “Soon Blitz Team, you will meet your enemy,” Trainor whispers to himself as he takes a seat in his Zoid.



            “Alright team, let’s move out.”

            “Gunsniper Ready!”

            “Time for Rapidfire to show her stuff!”

            “Raynos taking off.”

            “Go Jagar.” All four Zoids stand their ground, waiting.

            “So where’s the Wolverine? I’m ready for a battle,” Leena says pretending she’s firing at the enemy.

            “Don’t forget the plan you guys. Do the same as you did before, got it?” Jamie asks everyone for reassurance.

            “Yeah, we got it,” Ami comments.

            “So Blitz Team, are you ready for your last battle?”

            “Don’t you mean your last battle?” Bit says. The Liger roars in agreement.

            “I don’t think so. Thanks to the BackDraft’s advanced technology, the Wolverine is a Zoid to be reckoned with. We were fools to think that Harry Champ would be able to use it.”

            “Woah! You’re from the BackDraft?” Leena asks surprised.

            “I just said that kiddies.”

            “That doesn’t matter. We’re still going to beat you.” From above, the white judge comes down.

            “The area within a fifty mile is a designated Zoid battlefield. The Blitz Team versus the Wolverine Team.  Battlefield 0993. Ready? Fight!”

            “Let’s get this thing over with,” Jamie says flying overhead.

            “Alright. I’m going for his tail.” Rapidfire runs off to the side as Leena and Bit head for the Wolverine.

            “Hey there. You overestimate that Zoid of yours too much,” Bit states.

            “Oh, do I?” He starts to fire at them, but they quickly move out of the way. From above, Jamie starts to fire, but the Wolverine dodges at the last second.

            “Did you forget about me?” Jamie says coming back around.

            “No, I didn’t. And I didn’t forget about that red cat either.” He turns his gun around and shoots off Rapidfire’s laser rifle.

            “No, my laser rifle. That was my best weapon.”

            “This really puts a damper on our plan,” Leena says.

            “Then we’re just going to have to beat him the old fashion way.”

            “Ami, you better come back and change weapons.”

            “Okay doc. Good luck you guys.” Rapidfire dashes back toward the hover cargo.

            “All we need is some good old fashion fire power. Weasel Unit Total Assault!” The attack comes and the enemy just stands there. “That had to have done damage.” As the dust clears though, they see the Wolverine behind a giant shield.

            “I can’t believe it. He just deflected my attack with the shield.”

            “That’s one strong shield,” Jamie responses from overhead.

            “We need to break it down. Bit, come back and transform into Panzer. Ami’s on her way.”

            “I’m already here.” She stops with a new gun ready to work.

            “Alright.” Liger dashes off this time.

            “Let’s see if we can confuse him at least. Jamie, start firing and you too Leena.”

            “Call me Wild Eagle Fire Cat.”

            “Sorry.” Ami starts her sprint as Leena and Jamie start firing, but he simply puts up his shield.

            “This isn’t working Wild Eagle. We need to do something else.”

            “These two aren’t anything to worry about. I just need to worry about those two cats. They seem to be the brains. Now, where are they?” He looks on his screen to see Rapidfire dashing across. “There’s one.” He puts down his shield and starts to chase after her.

            “Ami, he’s coming your way.” Leena and Jamie continue to fire at him.

            “I think I know that Leena.” He starts to fire, but Rapidfire dodges. “There’s no use in running the whole time.” As she starts to turn around, the Wolverine hits her leg, making her trip.

            “Perfect.” He runs up and puts his gun to Rapidfire’s head. “Say goodbye kitty.”

            “Hybrid Cannon!” The beams pass right by the two, shaking both of them.

            “What was that?” The enemy turns around, giving Ami a chance to escape.

            “Thanks a lot Bit. I owe you one.” Ami winks at him over the screen

            “Um, uh, no problem Ami,” he replies blushing. He shakes his head quickly and concentrates back on the battle. “Leave this to me you guys.”

            “Alright Bit. We’re counting on you.”

            “I just lost the perfect shot at getting that red cat. You’ll pay.” He starts to charge, firing.

            “I don’t think so. Burning Big Bang!” The Wolverine suddenly stops as the attack closes in, hitting its target.

            “Nothing could have survived that attack.”

            “Um, you guys better look again,” the doc suggests. They look to see the Wolverine still standing, unharmed.

            “That shield can’t be that strong.”

            “It is kiddies. Now I’m going to show you a secret weapon of mine.” From the sides, pop out two barrels. “Missile barrage!” Dozens of small missiles come out and hit Liger. “How do you like that?” The Liger starts to move, trying to get away, but can’t. Suddenly, Ami and Jamie come by and start shooting, taking the Wolverine’s attention away from Bit.

            “The armor isn’t working. Bit, get out of there now.”

            “You don’t have to tell me that twice doc.” He sheds the armor and starts to run away.

            “I can’t believe this. We’ve hit him from all sides and we still can’t get through. There’s no way we’re going to win,” Leena complains while firing.

            “He’s a lot stronger than when Harry piloted it,” Jamie comments.

            “We gotta keep on trying.” Suddenly, a loud roar is heard by everyone. Everyone looks on top of a hill to see a Red Blade Liger.

            “What’s that? Why won’t the judge say something?” Trainor comments.

            “Is that the Red Blade Liger Ami and Bit talk about?”

            “I think so dad.” Rapidfire suddenly stops and stares at the cat.

            “Kikeru, you’ve come to help just in the nick of time. What should we do?” The cat just sits down. “Come on. I need your help.”

            “Hey Ami, why don’t you just stop starring at help us out over here?” Leena says as she tries firing at the Wolverine again.

            “Let her stare Leena. Her brother might be giving her an idea,” Bit comments, dodging another blast.


            “Brother, we really need your help here. If we lose, the BackDraft may come back and fight us again, taking away our Zoids. Just don’t sit their like, hey wait a minute. Could it be?”

            “What’s it?” Bit asks.

            “Is it that obvious?”

            “What’s that obvious?” Leena inquires.

            “Is this what you’re trying to tell me?”

            “Ami, don’t keep us out of the loop!” Doctor Toros screams through the vidlink.

            “I think I know how to defeat this guy, but it’s kind of a long shot.”

            “Well, it’s better than nothing. What’s the plan?”

            “Bit, go back and change into the Schneider unit.”

            “Okay.”

            “Wild Eagle, do you still have any ammo?”

            “Yeah.” Ami goes back into the battle, firing at the Wolverine with his shield up.

            “We’re going to need it. Start firing at him, but don’t use all your ammo. Leena, how many more missiles do you have?”

            “Five more rounds? Why?”

            “Don’t use them until I tell you. Everyone’s going to have to play out their part perfectly if this is going to work.”

            “What should I do?”

            “Nothing doc. Just stand back.”

            “Go Schneider!”

            “Alright Leena, fire two rounds.” She fires the two rounds and a dust screen is formed. “Perfect.”

            “Do you really think that this little smoke storm is going to help you out? But just for fun, I’ll wait to see what your next move is.”

            “Now Bit, follow me, but not too close and when it’s time, attack him.”

            “But when will I know?”

            “You just will.” Rapidfire starts to charge and the Liger follows suit. Soon the dust disappears and the Wolverine sees the two cats approaching him.

            “This is way too easy. They’re coming straight for me.”

            “Wild Eagle, make sure he stays in place, but don’t try to hit him or his shield will interfere with the plan.”

            “Alright, if you say so.”

            “That Raynos pilot must be getting tired. He really has bad aim. It looks the only one I really have to worry about is that Rapidfire.” He starts to fire, but she dodges as many as she can, getting hit only a few times.

            “Ami, this is suicide! You keep getting hit.”

            “Don’t worry Bit. Rapidfire can handle it, just stay behind me at all times.”

            “I can’t believe she wants to kill herself like this.” He continues to fire as she approaches.

            “This is it Rapidfire. It’s now or never.” She contacts Bit. “Bit, put your boosters all the way to their maximum speed and follow me. Wild Eagle, fire at the Wolverine’s main gun.”

            “Right.” Rapidfire starts her full charge with the Liger behind and the Raynos overhead. She’s soon only a few yards away.

            “This is way too easy.” Suddenly, he feels a shock as his gun blown off. “What?”

            “Now Rapidfire!” He looks ahead to see Ami only a few feet now. Rapidfire lowers her head and charges straight for the Wolverine, letting her head go between his legs before jolting her head up, sending the Wolverine sky high.

            “It looks like that’s our cue Liger. Buster Slash!” The Liger jumps toward the Zoid in the sky, attacking its underside and then landing safely on the ground and the Wolverine crashes. Everyone waits eagerly, but soon see the Wolverine start to move.

            “Leena, quick! Finish off the rest of your ammo.”

            “Gotcha! Take this scum bag!” She fires and the missiles land on target.

            “The battle is over. The winner is, the Blitz Team.”

            “No way. That actually worked. Thank you so much brother. And good job Rapidfire. That was one of your best performances yet. I promise that once we get back to the hover cargo, we’ll book for that new Zoid spa we’ve heard so much about.”

            “I can’t believe it was that simple,” Jamie says flying overhead.

            “But we did it! We beat a Zoid that had beaten some of the best teams around.”

            “The Blitz Team is invincible,” Leena cheers.

            “This calls for a celebration! Everyone back to the hover cargo!” the doc invites.


            “One of the greatest battles I believe has happened today!” Everyone cheers as they drink their soda merrily.

            “I thought we were dead for sure. Thank goodness Ami came up with that great plan,” Leena says drinking her soda.

            “How did you think of it Ami?” Jamie asks.

            “Well, my brother really helped me out. He just sat there, showing me nothing but his Zoid’s front two legs, head, and underside. Then I thought about how we tried from every side, except his underside. Then I figured out that he is one of those cocky warriors who thinks he’s the greatest thing that was ever born and if he thought I was going straight for him, he would try to attack and forget about his shield, until it was too late. Then, pow!”

            “In any case, this battle is going to make the Blitz Team’s name even bigger,” the doc says happily, jumping up and down in place.

            “Yeah. Three cheers for Ami, the great Fire Cat.” Bit and Doctor Toros raise Ami onto their shoulders and lift their glasses up as does everyone else.

            “Hip hip hoorah! Hip hip hoorah. Hip hip hoorah!”


            “Hmm, maybe we’ve been underestimating that Rapidfire all this time,” the count says as he watches the rerun of the last battle.



(Leena’s Voice): Alright, we’re almost to the big championships. And it’s also a special day, Leon’s birthday, so we decided to go for a visit. Everything was going fine until the BackDraft came back. But the only thing is that they’re using three Shield Ligers. Maybe they’re planning something big? Hold on, why is Ami just standing there and why isn’t she responding? Wait, don’t go. Next time on Zoids: Chapter Two- The Birthday Bash, Ami’s Sudden Farewell. Ready? Wait!


Zoids Chapter 2 This fanfic is complete. Hallelujah!


Best Fanfics on the Web, selected by Tim
Tim Seltzer's page www.seltzerbooks.com/tim.html


Discuss books at  Blogging about Books http://www.seltzerbooks.com/blog/
Other book reviews by Richard Seltzer
Opus authors -- contemporary writers whose entire work is great
The Readers' Corner and Writers Showcase


This site is published by Samizdat Express, 213 Deerfield Lane, West Roxbury, MA 02132-002. (203) 553-9925 seltzer@seltzerbooks.com

Book collections on CD and DVD. A library for the price of a book.
Limited time offer: 2 for the price of 1
 

Return to Samizdat Express

Google
  Webseltzerbooks.com