Zoids Chapter 2

By Chibi Reli, chibireli@yahoo.com
Home page http://www.geocities.com/chibireli/

Chapter 12:

The Birthday Bash, Ami’s Sudden Farewell.

Zoids: Chapter Two - The Blitz Team is in the S Class, but someone is leaving the group. The pilot taking his place is a girl named Ami Kamiya, or better known as Fire Cat with her one of a kind Zoid Rapidfire. Can this new team have what it takes and is Bit falling for the new pilot.


This fanfic tells what happens to the Blitz Team after the television show. The Zoid called Rapidfire and the pilot nicknamed Fire Cat are unique. Tim Seltzer, seltzer@seltzerbooks.com


Disclaimer: Chibi Reli does not own Zoids, but did create the original characters who are not from the TV show.



           “Happy birthday to you,

            Happy birthday to you,

            Happy birthday dear Leon,

            Happy birthday to you.” Leon blows out the candles on his cake.  And everyone claps. The Blitz Team and Flugel Team are gathered in the Flugel’s base in a room filled with decorations and presents.

            “Thanks for the presents and party you guys,” Leena says as he starts to cut the cake.

            “No problem Leon. Anything for a teammate,” Brad answers.

            “I’m really sorry I didn’t get you anything. I didn’t know it was your birthday and I would have had no idea what to get you.” Ami takes a piece of the cake given to her.

            “It’s okay. I would have probably done the same in your position.” He hands out the last piece.

            “Now, how about we eat some cake and then Ami can tell us about her great defeat over the wolverine,” Brad suggests taking a bite of cake.

            “Are you sure you want to hear about it? I mean, it was just another battle.” She starts to pick off all the frosting.

            “Yeah. People having been talking about that battle and you’re giving female warriors a great name,” Naomi says.

            “I wouldn’t mind hearing about it either. It could be my birthday day present from you.”

            “But why?”

            “No one has ever seen such a strategy like the one you pulled. It was so unpredictable,” Leon answers.

            “I can’t believe they want to hear this story. Why does everyone always want her to talk about her battles?” Leena complains.

            “Because Leena, either her or Bit usually win the battle. You just kinda help,” Jamie comments.


            A man in a black suit enters the dark room into order to talk to the count, seated in his chair alone. “Sir, the technicians have finished the device that you’ve asked for.”

            “Good. Now get one of our teams together and give them some ordinary Saber Fangs and send them out into battle with the Blitz Team. Also make sure that they load one of their guns with the device.”

            “Yes sir.” The man turns around, but goes back toward the count. “Sir, may I ask you why you need them to modify an ordinary bug, and why a bunch of ordinary Zoids that the Blitz Team could defeat easily?”

            “Of course. With the modifications to the bug, instead of listening to people, we can talk to them. As for the Zoids, we just need them to distract them while we plant the bug on our target. Then whatever happens, happens.”

            “Is our target the Liger Zero sir?”

            “Not this time. Our target is that red cat Rapidfire and her pilot the great Fire Cat.” A picture of the two pop up on the screen.


            Ami and Bit lay on the ground outside underneath a huge tree watching the sunset. “Wow. I like living out in the desert, but sometimes I really miss the scenery you can see here,” Bit says.

            “Maybe we should try moving to someplace more like this,” Ami suggests giggling.

            “I don’t know how the others would think about it.”

            “It’s just so much nicer out here and I think I would enjoy being able to be out here.”

            “Well, it looks like Liger and Rapidfire are enjoying themselves.” They watch the two Zoids chasing each other.

            “Do you think that Zoids are more than just machines Bit? It just seems that sometimes, Rapidfire seems so alive.”

            “I think so. When I first piloted Liger, he had a mind of his own and did what he wanted most of the time. I also think that a Zoid can reflect what the pilot feels.”

            “I completely agree.” She yawns and stretches out. “I can’t believe the Zoid Championships are coming up.”

            “I know. Scary, isn’t it?”

            “Yeah. What’s going to happen to us though?”

            “What do you mean?”

            “You and I both know there’s a pretty good chance we’ll go up against each other. What would happen?”

            “I guess we would just battle and make it a great one at that.”

            “One that they’ll never forget. And we should have it on a huge field so we have plenty of room.”

            “And to make it even better, I say we do Rapidfire versus Jagar and only one gun a piece.”

            “But no matter what, we would still be the great cat duo we are now, right?”

            “Definitely. Anyways, we would still have the next year to fight each other.”

            “I guess. Hey look! A shooting star. Make a wish.” They both close their eyes and make their wish, Bit opening his eyes first.

            “What did you wish for Ami?”

            “If I tell you that, then it won’t come true.” She yawns and covers her mouth.

            “I think we should ask the others if we can spend another day here. It’s just so relaxing, right Ami?” He hears nothing but breathing. “Ami?” He turns over to see Ami on her side sleeping. “Wow she’s pretty when she’s asleep.”

            “Hey Bit!” Bit looks away from Ami and sees Leon heading his way. He gets up and heads for Leon. “What are you doing out here?”

            “Admiring the scenery. It’s much nicer here than in the desert. You?”

            “Looking for you and Ami-but it seems like you two are just fine by yourselves.” He looks around Bit’s shoulder and sees Ami sleeping.

            “She just fell asleep, and I really can’t blame her. Everything here is so…”

            “When are you going to tell her?”

            “What are you talking about Leon?”

            “When are you going to tell Ami how you feel?”

            “About what?”

            “About her and you can’t hide it. Everyone can tell you love her Bit, so you should stop trying to hide it.”

            “I wouldn’t know how to. I mean I could do something like in those romance movies, but that’s so corny.”

            “She pretty special Bit. If you don’t tell her, someone else will for sure.” Leon turns toward the sunset. “You once told me that you’ve been searching all over the world for the perfect Zoid partner, but on that journey, you’ve also found the perfect human partner who almost relates to you in every way. So, what are you waiting for?”

            “What am I waiting for?”


            “Count, we’ve arrived at our destination. What are your orders?”

            “Let’s contact the Blitz team and challenge them. Tell them we’ll give them 10 times the prize money if they win. Their boss won’t be able to resist the money. Then we’ll go on with what we planned.”

            “Right.”


            “Good morning everyone.” Ami greets everyone as she enters the common area eating breakfast.

            “Good morning Ami. Did you sleep well?” Brad inquires as he takes a bite of toast.

            “Just fine.” Just as Ami is about to sit down, the whole building shakes violently.

            “What was that?” Bit says standing.

            “Hello Blitz Team.” The screen suddenly turns on, showing three yellow Saber Fangs.

            “Who is out there?” Leon demands to know.

            “Why it’s just your friends from the BackDraft.”

            “What do you want?” Leena asks.

            “We just want to battle you right now Blitz Team.”

            “It sounds like a trap to me,” Jamie comments.

            “It isn’t. I assure you. All we ask is that the Liger Zero, Rapidfire, and Gunsniper fight against us. And if you win, we’ll give you ten times the usual prize money.”

            “If that’s your offer, then we’ll take it. Just give us a few minutes,” the doc states.

            “Doc, are you crazy?” Bit asks.

            “Nope. You three can win this easily. They’re just a bunch of Saber Fangs and think about the money.”


            “I can’t believe we’re doing this. It’s not even a challenge,” Ami says ready and waiting with the other Zoid next to her.

            “At least we’re getting some money out of this,” Leena shrugs. From above, the dark judge comes down and the three enemy Zoid’s approach.

            “This battle will be monitored by the BackDraft. Battlefield 0999. The Blitz Team versus the Fang Team. Ready? Fight!”

            “Alright. Weasel Unit Total Assault!” The assault hits one Saber Fang and the other two escape.

            “Leave these to Ami and me Leena. You already got one.”

            “Fine.” The two cats run forward toward the remaining yellow ones.

            “You know what to do, right?” says one of the enemy pilot’s to the other.

            “Of course I do. Just get the Liger away from her.”

            “Gotcha.” He fires at the Liger and runs away, letting the Liger follow.

            “Well then, it looks like it’s just you and me.” Ami proclaims as she and the enemy stand, staring at each other.

            “I don’t see a problem with that.” He fires a single laser beam, but Rapidfire moves out of the way. Suddenly, the beam turns and follows Rapidfire.

            “What in the world is going on here?

            “I have no idea Ami. But keep trying to dodge it.”

            “I think that’s obvious Jamie.” She rolls her eyes and just as she moves again, the beam hits her. She quickly looks around at all the controls. “It didn’t do any damage.”


            “Sir, the bug has been planted,” the man informs the Count on board of the giant Whale King.

            “Good. Start the messages now.”

            “Right.”


            Rapidfire and the enemy stand only a few yards away, neither moving. “Ami, Ami, do you here me?”

            “What? Whose there?” She looks around but sees no one except for the enemy Zoid.

            “I’m you. Why are you staying with a bunch of amateurs like the Blitz Team? You are so much better than them.”

            “But they’re my friends.”


            “Hey, it looks like Ami still hasn’t defeated that Saber Fang. Ami, what’s going on?” Bit asks as he charges toward them in the Liger Zero. “Ami? Jamie, I can’t get through to her.”

            “I know. There seems to be something interfering with Rapidfire’s circuitry. I think it has something to do with that beam that hit her. I’m trying to get through to her right now. You just take care of that other Zoid before it does something else,” Jamie instructs as he types quickly into his computer.


            “You can do so much better without them. They’re stopping you from being the best,” the voice in her head says.

            “Are they?” Suddenly, a shock is sent through the whole Zoid, including Ami herself and she screams out in pain.


            “Strike Laser Claw!” The Liger strikes the last Saber Fang down.

            “Good job everyone. Come on back,” Jamie says. The Liger and Gunsniper head back, but Rapidfire stays put.

            “Ami, come on. We’re done,” Leena says.

            “No.”

            “What?” Bit asks.

            “I’m not going back with you guys. You’ve been holding me back from being the best Zoid warrior ever and I won’t allow that anymore.” Her face appears on their screens and shows her empty eyes.

            “What are you talking about?”
            “I’m leaving this team once and for all. I’ll see you on the battlefield losers.” With those last words, Rapidfire sprints away.

            “Ami, wait!” The Liger starts to follow, but soon stops. In the background, they hear Rapidfire make a sound as if it was crying and the Liger responds.


            “It looked like your plan worked count. She seems to be heading in our direction. Should we send her the coordinates so she’ll know where to go?”

            “Yes. Finally, the BackDraft will get the recognition that we truly deserve.”


            “So she said that and then just left?” Leon repeats as he and the others sit back in the common room.

            “Yeah. She’s never acted so mean to anyone before. It was a complete surprise,” Jamie says.

            “I don’t know what we’ll do without her. She really helped us in battle,” the doc responds, starting to cry.

            “We still have Jamie though and me and Bit.”

            “Where is Bit anyways?” Naomi inquires.

            “He’s outside with the Liger. He took the whole Ami leaving thing really hard,” Jamie answers.

            “That’s not a surprise. They seemed to be really close,” Leon states.


            Bit sits underneath the tree where he and Ami had been the day before with Liger right beside him. “What did we do wrong Ami to make you so mad? Please come back to us.”


(Bit’s Voice): We’ve finally arrived in Zoid City. We’ve registered and have had our Zoids tuned up. Man is the arena huge. But it isn’t the same without Ami. We may not have gotten this far if it wasn’t for her help. I wonder where she is. There’s also a rumor of a strange person going around and has beaten 20 different Zoids in a row the past two days. I wonder who’ll get paired with him. Anyways, Leena’s first, then me, and then Jamie. Wow, so that’s the strange warrior but that Zoid looks familiar. Wait a minute, is that? Next time on Zoids: Chapter Two: The All Class Championship Begins, The Strange Warrior’s New Team



Zoids Chapter 2 This fanfic is complete. Hallelujah!


Best Fanfics on the Web, selected by Tim
Tim Seltzer's page www.seltzerbooks.com/tim.html


Discuss books at  Blogging about Books http://www.seltzerbooks.com/blog/
Other book reviews by Richard Seltzer
Opus authors -- contemporary writers whose entire work is great
The Readers' Corner and Writers Showcase


This site is published by Samizdat Express, 213 Deerfield Lane, West Roxbury, MA 02132-002. (203) 553-9925 seltzer@seltzerbooks.com

Book collections on CD and DVD. A library for the price of a book.
Limited time offer: 2 for the price of 1
 

Return to Samizdat Express

Google
  Webseltzerbooks.com