Zoids Chapter 2

By Chibi Reli, chibireli@yahoo.com
Home page http://www.geocities.com/chibireli/

Chapter 8:

Time For a Vacation, The Two Blitz Beauties Battle It Off



Zoids: Chapter Two - The Blitz Team is in the S Class, but someone is leaving the group. The pilot taking his place is a girl named Ami Kamiya, or better known as Fire Cat with her one of a kind Zoid Rapidfire. Can this new team have what it takes and is Bit falling for the new pilot.


This fanfic tells what happens to the Blitz Team after the television show. The Zoid called Rapidfire and the pilot nicknamed Fire Cat are unique. Tim Seltzer, seltzer@seltzerbooks.com


Disclaimer: Chibi Reli does not own Zoids, but did create the original characters who are not from the TV show.


            The count looks at a video of old Zoid battles. “Minako, I need to talk to you.”

            “What is it Count?” A girl with purple hair and eyes appears in front of him.

            “I see that you’ve been doing great during the last couple of battles and I have a new job for you.”

            “What would that be sir?”

            “I would like you to challenge the Blitz Team. We need a win against them if we ever want to get revenge on them. They’ve been showing us off everytime we battle them.”

            “Don’t worry about it Count. I know just what to do.”

            “And before you leave, report to the Zoid bay to get yourself a new Zoid. You’re going to need it.”

            “Yes sir.”


            Leena lies on the beach in her beach chair. “Nothing is more relaxing than lying in the sun and working on my tan. And the bonus is making all the men swoon over me and the girls jealous.”

            “You know I’m the only man for you Leena dearest.” Leena pops her eyes open and sits up straight.

            “What! Harry! What are you doing here?”

            “I’m here to see you Leena. DO want me to rub any suntan lotion on you? I wouldn’t want you to burn your delicate skin.” He starts to squirt some lotion on his hands, kneeling next to her.

            “Actually, could you get me something to eat? I saw this person come off the boardwalk with a really great looking ice cream cone.”

            “Of course. What flavor would you like?” He throws the lotion away.

            “Um, how about triple chocolate raspberry almond marshmallow swirl. It’s my favorite.” She smiles at him and touches his nose.

            “I’ll be back faster than a Lightening Scythe.” He turns around and runs off leaving a cloud of dust.

            “That should keep him busy for a while. Now back to relaxing.” She lies back down and closes her eyes.

            “Bit, stop it! Get that thing away from me.”

            “But I thought that cats loved seafood.” Bit chases Ami around Leena’s position a couple of times, holding the crab out so that it could pinch Ami.

            “I swear Bit, if that thing pinches me.”

            “Oh, it can’t hurt that much.” Suddenly, Bit trips over his own feet and the crab flies out of his hand, landing on Leena’s face. “Uh oh. What should we do?” They both look at the crab on Leena’s face.

            “What should we do? You’re the one who dropped the crab. Pick it up.”

            “But it’s going to pinch me.” She opens her eyes and sees the giant red monster in front of her.

            “Ah! Get it off! Get it off!” She jumps up and runs around trying to get the crustacean off her face.

            “Do something Bit,” Ami says as she watches Leena.

            “I’m not going near it.” Leena finally gets the crab off and it scurries away. She turns and stares in the duo’s direction.

            “Why didn’t you guys help me out there?” She points her finger at them.

            “We didn’t know what to do. Sorry Leena,” Bit answers.

            “Hey Bit!” They turn around and see Jamie and Doctor Toros.

            “Yeah, what is it?”

            “Are you coming to come with us to get lunch? We might need an extra pair of hands.”

            “Sure, why not. See you two later.” He waves and catches up with the two guys over by the boardwalk.

            “So Leena, how have you been doing?” Ami sits on the beach and starts to play with the sand as Leena sits back down.

            “I’m just peachy Ami. Just working on my tan.”

            “And trying to pick up some guys, right? I know that you don’t like Harry very much.”

            “He’s just very annoying that’s all. And you were right about the first part too. I decided it’s time for a boyfriend.”

            “And you can really just get one like that?”

            “Yeah. Men find it hard to resist me.”

            “Well, there’s a group of guys coming this way. Maybe you can talk to one of them.” She looks in the direction of the finger and sees three body builders approaching them.

            “Let me show you just how easy it is.” She gets up and dusts herself off, then approaches the three men. “Hi there guys. My name is Leena.” The guys pass her and stop at Ami.

            “Hi there. We were admiring you from a distance and decided to come on over.”

            “Really? Wow.” Leena looks as the four talk.

            “I can’t believe this! Why are they going to her? She just got my hopes up so she could show off. I’ll get her back.”

            “I love hot dogs,” Jamie comments.

            “And they always taste better when they’re right off the grill,” the doc replies.

            “Hey Leena, is your face okay?” Bit asks.

            “Yeah, it’s just fine.” She takes a bite of her hamburger.

            “SO, did you two do anything interesting while we were getting lunch?”

            “Leena tried to get herself a new boyfriend, but it didn’t work out so well. Right Leena?”

            “Why did she have to bring that up? There has to be a way to get back at her for that.

            “Attention ladies and gentlemen of the beach. Today we will be hosting a swimsuit competition for all you lovely ladies to show your stuff and for all you guys to admire them, sponsored by this fair city. A prize will be awarded to the first place winner of either a cash prize or a free Zoid upgrade, plus a trophy. So if you’re game ladies, sign up at the yellow booth at the entrance of the beach and the competition will start at 1700 hours.”

            “Hey, how about we go and check it out?” Bit suggests.

            “I don’t see why not.”

            “This is the perfect thing to show everyone just how beautiful I am and to show off Ami. Then we’ll see who the prettiest one is. Hey Ami, how about we go and sign up? I think it would be fun.”

            “I don’t know.”

            “Go ahead Ami. What’s the harm?” Bit suggests.

            “I guess there’s none.”

            “Fine then. It’s agreed.”

            “Hey Leena, I couldn’t find your ice cream. Do you want another flavor?” Harry appears again.

            “Actually Harry, I gotta go. Bye.” She gets up and walks away.

            Leena sits in the back, putting on her lipstick and getting ready. “This is going to be too easy.”

            “So Leena, are you excited?” Ami comes up to her in a long t-shirt, eating a carrot. “I’m really nervous. I’ve never done anything like this before. I can’t stop eating from the buffet.”

            “I’m just fine and you should be nervous. It’s just a little friendly competition.”

            “Hey you two, are you from the Blitz team?” They both turn around and see a girl with purple eyes and hair in a towel.

            “Yeah we are, so?” Leena asks.

            “I just don’t want you two to get your hopes up. You may win lots of battles, but this is nothing like a Zoid battle. For me though, I win everything so it won’t be that bad. Anyways, you better watch out.” She turns around and leaves.

            “How dare she! She thinks she can just waltz in here and start bragging. I’ll show her.”

            “She’s kinda creepy.” Ami takes another bite of carrot.


            “This thing was supposed to start five minutes ago. What’s taking so long?” Bit looks at his watch.

            “Be patient. There might just be some problems that they have to deal with.” A man in his bathing suit comes out onto the stage with a mic in his hand.

            “Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to the swimsuit competition. From the many that signed up though, we picked the 25 most beautiful women for you to see. We have chosen 3 of the council members from the beach council to judge our competition today. And now, without any further ado, let’s introduce our first contestant.” From the side, a pair of curtains opens and shows Leena in her bathing suit (the one that she wears in the series). She waves and walks out.

            “Well there pretty lady, what’s your name?”

            “My name is Leena Toros.”

            “Well Leena, if you don’t mind asking, what do you like to do?”

            “Let’s see. I like to relax and I love to Zoid battle.”

            “What kind of Zoid do you have?”

            “I have a Gunsniper, and a very powerful one at that. In fact, I’ve been winning all of my battles lately.”

            “Well it’s that impressive? Now, if you could give us one last twirl, you can head over to your spot so we can send out our next lady.” She twirls and the guys start whistling. She walks over to the back as the curtain opens.

            “Leena didn’t look half bad out there,” Jamie comments.

            “But for that bragging of hers, she might lose some personality points,” Doctor Toros suggests.

            Next comes the purple hair and eyed lady in a purple two piece (like the one Ryoko wore). The guys whistle as well and she walks up.

            “Another lovely lady. And what’s your name?”

            “Minako.

            “NO last name?”

           “No, I dropped it a while ago.”

            “Okay then, tell us what your hobbies are?”

            “I like to Zoid battle as well, though I don’t use only one Zoid. I also enjoy playing games, painting, and gymnastics.”

            “Another Zoid warrior ladies and gentlemen and quite the round about person. Let’s give her a hand.”

            “It looks like Leena has competition other than Ami. She definitely seems more down to earth.”

            “But I think Ami’s much prettier,” Bit comments. The competition goes on, each lady showing off her body and going to her spot and waiting for the last contestant.

            “Well ladies and gentlemen, we sure had quite a bunch today. But there’s still one more lovely lady. Come on out.” The curtains open and out walks Ami in a her small red bikini. Whistles and cheers are heard from everyone.

            “Wow!”

            “I told you she’s pretty,” Bit replies.

            “We should go to the beach more often,” the doc recommended.

            “It looks like we ended with a bang everyone. So, tell us what your name is.”

            “I’m Ami Kamiya.”

            “That name sounds very familiar. Maybe I would remember why if you told us some of your hobbies.”

            “Well, I like to go outside to lounge around and to look at the scenery, but my passion is Zoid battling with Rapidfire.”

            “That’s it. You’re Fire Cat, aren’t you?”

            “Yes I am.” Gasps and murmurs are heard throughout the crowd.

            “Wow, you’re an amazing Zoid warrior. I wish that I could even have half your talent.”

            “Oh, but it isn’t really me. It’s Rapidfire who should get most of the credit.”

            “Well, thanks for gracing us with your presence Fire Cat.”

            “You’re welcome.” She walks over to the end of the line of women.  “Now our judges will pick who they think should be crowned the winner.”

            “Why even wait? I know it will be me,” Minako asks.

            “This isn’t even a real competition,” Leena says.

            “And the winner is…Minako.” Everyone claps, except for Leena as Minako comes forward. Two people give her a crown and cape, some flowers and a trophy with a check in it. “Congratulations Minako. Do you have anything to say?”

            “Actually, I do. I knew I would win this contest, because I always do and I’m going to show you why Blitz Team.” She turns around and stares at Leena and Ami. “You guys may have been on a winning streak, but not anymore. I challenge you two to a Zoid battle. If I win, I get your Zoids. If you win, you get the trophy and the money. So, how about it?”

            “You’re on!” They both shout.

            “Fine. I’m meet you in an hour by the field. See you then.” She walks off the stage.

            “I can’t believe she won! I deserve to win!” Leena screams at herself.

            “Leena, why did you agree to a battle? We don’t even know who she’s with,” Jamie comments.

            “It doesn’t matter Jamie. What does matter is that we have to go get our Zoids ready for a fight.”


            Outside, Rapidfire and the Gunsniper stand next to each other, ready to fight. “Come on. Where is she? I’ll show her who the best is.”

            “Leena, you gotta clear your head if you want to win. You don’t see Ami getting all frustrated?”

            “Don’t tell me what to do Dad!”

            “Hey, something’s coming from the sky.” A giant whale king appears and opens its hatch to let down a Storm Sauder.

            “Oh man, not another one of those things. Last time we fought one of those, we didn’t get to defeat them since the last one ran away and Jamie shot down the other ones,” Bit comments.

            “We can handle it. I mean it’s two against one, right?” From the sky, comes down a dark judge.

            “The area within a fifty mile radius is a designated Zoid battlefield. The Storm Sauder versus the Gunsniper and Rapidfire. Battlefield 0999. Ready? Fight!”

            “I’ll show you who the better woman is.”

            “Yeah right.” Leena starts to fire at the white Zoid, but misses.

            “Can’t you do anything better? Now, I think that the best bet would be to destroy the red Zoid.”

            “There’s no way you’re getting to me.” Both Zoids start their attacks, but Rapidfire gets blown away after Minako passes. “Hey, what happened?”

            “When a Storm Sauder breaks the sound barrier, it sends a sonic boom around in the area. That’s what knocked you down,” Jamie informs her.

            “Then how should we defeat this guy?” Ami asks.

            “We have a disadvantage since it’s hard to hit an airborne Zoid. The only way is to get in close,” Bit says.

            “Leave it all to me. I’ll get her.” Leena fires at Minako.

            “Leena, you shouldn’t be so strong headed.” Ami starts to fire at the flying Zoid.

            “Be quiet Ami. I’m going to win this battle and get my trophy.”

            “Fine, have the trophy. Just make sure you win.”

            “Wait, what did you say?” She turns her Zoid toward Ami.

            “I just care about winning so I can get the money. Do you know how expensive it is to keep up a Zoid like Rapidfire and not to mention all the debts that I’ve accumulated over the years because of my family.”

            “I thought you entered the contest to win the trophy and show me off.”

            “No way. You’re the one who wanted me to enter and I didn’t ask those guys over.”

            “Wow, I feel like an idiot now.”

            “Don’t worry about it. We just need to win.”

            “Hey you guys, I’m glad you two are friends because you’re going to have to cooperate for my plan to work.”

            “We’re all ears Jamie.”

            “Ami, if you can somehow go fast enough, you might be able to lessen the shock that the enemy Zoid gives off. That way you won’t fall over and then you could try to knock her off. Then Leena can get close enough so her attack is accurate.”

            “Sounds good to me.”

            “Leena, stay back and don’t do anything until I tell you,” Jamie says.

            “Gotcha.”

            “It’s coming in Ami.”

            “I got it all covered.” As the Zoid starts to come in, Ami charges at it. The Storm Sauder comes in and Rapidfire and is blown to the side.

            “Just give up girly. You won’t win this battle. Your Zoid is nothing compared to mine.”

            “Rapidfire is more powerful than your Zoid will ever be.” Rapidfire charges  even faster toward the Zoid as it turns around for another attack. “Let’s do it Rapidfire.” Rapidfire roars and her boosters go on full. The Storm Sauder flies by, but Rapidfire is able to break through the shock wave.

            “What! How did that happen?”

            “Alright Ami.”

            “Get ready Leena.”

            “Okay.” Minako goes for another pass and as Ami breaks through, she fires and hits the Storm Sauder’s wing. “And that’s my cue! Weasel Unit Total Assault!” The missiles cut through the air and strike the Zoid, sending it to the ground.

            “No. The battle is over. The winner is the Blitz Team.”

            “Alright! We did it,” Ami cheers.

            “So, where the trophy and the money Minako?” Leena gets out of her Zoid and looks toward the fallen enemy.


            “That trophy belongs here.” Leena puts her trophy on her night table.

            “I think it looks good. And so does the money in my account.”

            “Well, it looks like you two won’t be competing for a while.”

            “What are you talking about Dad? We still have to figure out who’s the prettiest and the only way is through a contest. And a while ago I saw this ad about a beauty contest. How about it Ami?”

            “I don’t know.”

            “Are you too scared that you’re going to get beaten?”

            “I’m not scared. You’re on!”

            “Not again. Will it ever end?”

            “Not as long as those two live in the building doc,” Jamie comments.


(Ami’s Voice): It’s time for our next battle and it’s against the Flugel Team. They must be a new team. Why do you guys look so strange? Oh, the guy who I replaced went to that team and you guys are feeling weird about fighting him. Don’t worry about it. I’ll take care of him. Now I can see what that guy is made of. It will be a great battle and I’m looking forward to it. But the only problem is that something’s wrong with Rapidfire. Next time on Zoids: Chapter Two-A Reunion of Old Teammates, Brad Fights His Replacement, the Great Fire Cat. Ready? Fight!



Zoids Chapter 2 This fanfic is complete. Hallelujah!


Best Fanfics on the Web, selected by Tim
Tim Seltzer's page www.seltzerbooks.com/tim.html


Discuss books at  Blogging about Books http://www.seltzerbooks.com/blog/
Other book reviews by Richard Seltzer
Opus authors -- contemporary writers whose entire work is great
The Readers' Corner and Writers Showcase


This site is published by Samizdat Express, 213 Deerfield Lane, West Roxbury, MA 02132-002. (203) 553-9925 seltzer@seltzerbooks.com

Book collections on CD and DVD. A library for the price of a book.
Limited time offer: 2 for the price of 1
 

Return to Samizdat Express

Google
  Webseltzerbooks.com