Zoids Chapter 2

By Chibi Reli, chibireli@yahoo.com
Home page http://www.geocities.com/chibireli/

Chapter 13:

The All Class Championship Begins, The Strange Warrior’s New Team.

Zoids: Chapter Two - The Blitz Team is in the S Class, but someone is leaving the group. The pilot taking his place is a girl named Ami Kamiya, or better known as Fire Cat with her one of a kind Zoid Rapidfire. Can this new team have what it takes and is Bit falling for the new pilot.


This fanfic tells what happens to the Blitz Team after the television show. The Zoid called Rapidfire and the pilot nicknamed Fire Cat are unique. Tim Seltzer, seltzer@seltzerbooks.com



Disclaimer: Chibi Reli does not own Zoids, but did create the original characters who are not from the TV show.

            “Wow! This city is huge and look at all the Zoids.” Jamie looks around and sees hundreds of warriors walking around the dozens of Zoid shops and different Zoids lined up everywhere.

            “That’s Zoid City for you. A walks away are five stadiums, four will be where the elimination rounds will take place and one huge one where the finals will be held,” the Doc tells everyone as he points out the stadiums, whose high walls can be seen over the buildings.

            “Hey Bit, you should come see this,” Leena screams as she walks towards the others. Bit stands behind them, looking around without the smile.

            “Ami would want to see this.”

            “He’s still upset about Ami leaving,” Jamie whispers to Leena.

            “I guess.”

            “Come on you guys, we need to register if we want to battle.” Doctor Toros walks over to Bit and pulls him toward the city. Suddenly, the team is stopped as a huge group of warriors run in the same direction. Another man runs by and bumps into the doc, falling to the ground. He lets go of Bit and helps the man up.

            “Hey, why is everyone in such a rush?”

            “Didn’t you hear? The black warrior is fighting another opponent.”

            “The black warrior?” Jamie asks.

            “Yeah. This guy arrived two days ago for the championships and has already challenged and beaten 20 other Zoid warrior.”

            “I think we should go and check this out.” All four of them run and follow the man toward the battle.


            “Wow, look at them go.” Bit and the others push through the crowd and see a giant black cat Zoid against a raptor Zoid. The Raptor attacks, but the cat quickly dodges, then starts firing. People on the sidelines cheer and scream as they fight.

            “That black cat hasn’t even gotten scratched once,” a short man with black hair says to another guy by his side.

            “That other one won’t last more than another minute,” his friend answers back. The black cat again fires as the Raptor charges with both blades out, shooting off both of the blades. As it gets closer, it pounces onto the Raptor’s chest, knocking it on its back and the person out of the cockpit.

            “Is there anyone else who wishes to challenge me or are you all too scared?” the black cat walks toward the crowd of people on the side and roars.

            “I’ll challenge you!” Leena steps out and shouts to the pilot.

            “Leena, there’s no way you can beat that guy. Anyways, that’s something I would have expected to hear from Bit,” Jamie says pulling her back in.

            “There’s no way I would fight you. Is there anyone else?”

            “Attention all warriors! Please report to your Zoids and your stations immediately! Final registrations and placements will happen shortly!”

            “It looks like you have been spared. I will see all of you on the battlefield.” The cat turns around and runs away.

            “Well she was certainly full of herself,” Leena says crossing her arms across her chest.


            “So, where is everyone?” Doc asks as the whole team gathers around the paper given to them with the placements of all warriors on the floor.

            “It doesn’t look we’re going to have to face each other yet, but that might change,” Leena comments.

            “It looks like Leena and Bit are in the first round of eliminations,” Jamie says pointing to both of their names on the paper.

            “How is this thing supposed to work anyways Doc?” Bit asks as he speaks for the first time in a long time.

            “Well, all the warriors are divided into two groups, Group A and Group B. The warriors in Group A fight all the other warriors in Group A, slowly working their way up the standings until there are only four warriors that remain undefeated. The same thing happens in Group B. All these battles take place on the outside stadiums. Then the remaining four warriors battle in the center stadium which is much bigger than the outer ones and at the end, there will be one warrior who couldn’t be defeated, and that’s the All Class Zoid Champion.”

            “I guess that sounds easy enough,” Leena comments.

            “Just be aware of when you’re going. If you miss you call, you are automatically dropped,” a familiar voice says close by.

            “Leon?” Leena says turning around. The three others turn around also, seeing a group of their fellow warriors.

            “Naomi, Brad, Jack, and…Harry?” Jamie says, surprised on the last note as everyone stands up.

            “It doesn’t look any of us will be fighting against each other for now,” Naomi comments.

            “That’s good. It’s nice to see you again Leon.”

            “Same here Dad,” he says giving him a hug.

            “So what have you guys been up to?” Doctor Toros asks, looking at the others.

            “Just getting ready for battle. Everyone knows how hard this competition is, so the best thing is to be prepared for everything,” Brad comments.

            “I’ve been looking forward to this competition for a long time,” Jack says looking at Bit.

            “Ami was looking forward too,” Bit says sulking his head and crossing his arms.

            “Hey Bit, I heard about Ami. I’m so sorry man. At least I still got my love,” Harry says inching his way next to Leena. Leena gives him a dirty look and then looks away.

            “Be quiet Harry,” Leena says as she walks away.

            “Hey, Ami’s on here!” Jamie says looking at the placements again.

            “What?” Everyone looks toward Jamie on the ground.

            “Right here, under ‘Fire Cat’. But I didn’t see her Zoid anywhere.” He points out Ami’s name toward the end of the chart.

            “Maybe she got in after us,” Leena says. Suddenly, footsteps are heard. Leena looks behind and sees Bit running away. “Wait Bit. Come back!”


“Hello ladies and gentlemen and welcome to this year's All Class Zoid Championship. I’m Bob.”

“And I’m Martin. All warriors from every class are invited to participate in this competition. And each warrior will be fighting to be called the All Class Zoid Champion, the most powerful Zoid warrior in all the classes."

"Last year's champion, Isamu Ionue of the Ionue Team, is back this year and is ready to win for a second year in a row. He is at least guaranteed to get into the top eight."

"But he isn't this year's favorite. This honor goes to two warriors this year, Bit Cloud of the Blitz Team and Ami, the Fire Cat, Kamiya of the Fire Team."

"Both of their stories are incredible ones. They have both risen in such short amounts of time to the most powerful Zoid warriors, being almost undefeatable."

"And after joining the Blitz Team, Fire Cat and Bit have become quite the duo with their Ultimate-X cat types, Rapidfire and the Liger Zero. But after their last match, Fire Cat left the team without much warning. Nothing has been heard from her until a few days ago when she was registered under the Fire Team, the team that her and her late brother first were a part of. Also, no one has seen her which makes things more interesting."

"But knowing that he may have to fight his partner, makes us wonder how Bit Cloud is feeling right now? Anyways, this year's battles will surely be ones to remember."


            "Are you guys ready?" Doc asks each team member as they get themselves and their Zoids ready.

            "We're all ready dad." Leena climbs up her Zoid and enters the cockpit.

            "Great. Bit?" Bit turns around from the Liger Zero’s paw and toward the doc.

            "What?"

            "I’m really counting on you. You have the best chance out of anyone on the team to win this championship. If you can go out there and win, I promise that I'll try to find Ami."

            "Alright." He nods his head and starts to board the Liger Zero.


            "And it looks like the first battles in Group A will be starting. And just a little background info on the fields, each elimination field has both flat ground and mini mountains as terrain. The main field though only has flat ground. This should make things more interesting. " Two Zoids slowly exit from opposite sides of battle arena, one a white cat with blue armor from the blue exit and the other a blue cat, from the red exit.

            "Then we better start announcing. In Arena one, coming from the Blue side is none other than Bit Cloud and the Liger Zero of the Blitz Team. They have really made a name for themselves, especially after the whole Berserk Fury battle. We'll just have to see if Fire Cat leaving has taken any toll on his fighting ability. And from the Red side, we have Kate Smith and her Shield Liger from the Shadow Team. This is Kate’s first year at the championships but not her first in battling. She has been working very hard this year in order to get here and we’re going to see just how hard."

            “The area within a five mile radius is a designated Zoid battlefield. Bit Cloud and the Liger Zero versus Kate Smith and the Shield Liger. Battlefield 1000. Ready? Fight!”

            "In Arena Two, from the Blue side is Spike Kugel and the Command Wolf of the Wolf Team. Spike has really made an amazing recovery after last year’s incident with another warrior. He has also been doing great when it comes to anger control. And from the Red side, we have Brad Hunter and the ShadowFox of the Flugel Team. After spending much time with the Blitz Team, Brad has decided to switch over to the Flugel Team, making them a team of three, not the once lone warrior."

            "In Arena Three, coming from the Blue Side we have Leena Toros and her Gunsniper from the Blitz Team. This girl has a Zoid powered up with an assortment of ammunition, so be careful because something’s may go flying. Coming from the Red side, we have Jake Manilo and the WarShark of the Kane Team. Jake has learned many tricks using his WarShark and may be able to get himself out of Leena’s barrage."

            "In Arena Four, from the Blue side, we have Naomi Flugel adn her Gunsniper of the Flugel Team. Naomi is the original member of her team adn once a solo act, being known for defeating a whole team with only a few shots. Unlike Leena's Gunsniper, Naomi doesn't rely on massive amounts of ammo, making her style all the more interesting. From the Red side, Harry Champ and the Iron Kong of the Champ Team. This once high ranking warrior hasn’t been himself lately, dropping in the ranks. Hopefully, if he gets high enough, he may be able to get himself back up."


            Liger Zero dodges another attack from the Shield Liger and pounces off the wall. “I should be able to defeat her with no problem, so what’s wrong with me?” Liger Zero fires at the enemy, but she simply puts up her shield and starts charging.

            “I expected more from the pilot of the Liger Zero.”

            “This is just a warm-up for us girly. Strike Laser Claw!” He pounces on the other Liger, breaking through the shield and striking the neck, placing it on its side still.

            “The Shield Liger is no longer able to battle. The winner is the Liger Zero.”

            “And our first battle of the competition has ended, with Bit and the Liger Zero coming out the victors.”


            “Let’s finish this off ShadowFox! Strike Laser Claw!” He jumps into the air, claw glowing, and slashes off the Command Wolf’s leg in a single motion.

            “The Command Wolf is no longer able to battle. The winner is the ShadowFox.”


            “Ha! Ha! Ha! No one can defeat me! I’ll blast you out of the ground in a matter of seconds.” Leena starts to fire a huge barrage of missiles and ammo as the WarShark’s fin appears from the ground, blasting it out of the ground like a fish out of water.

            “The WarShark is no longer able to battle. The winner is the Gunsniper.”

            “Oh yeah! I’m going to the top!”


            “Where did she go? She should be around here somewhere.” Harry slowly walks around each mountain looking for the red Gunsniper.

            “Right here.” He looks up to see Naomi on a mountain above him and fires, taking the Iron Kong down in 3 shots.

            “The Iron Kong is no longer able to battle. The winner is the Gunsniper.”


            "Well the first rounds have finished for Group A and now the first rounds for Group B are about to start. IN Arena One, from the Blue side, we have KZ and his Raptor from the Zi Team. This tough guy ain’t afraid of doing anything. He will take his Zoid all the way to the max in order to win and he has on many occasions. From the Red side, we have Leon Toros and his Red Blade Liger of the Flugel Team. As you may have guessed, he is related to Leena Toros and was once part of the Blitz Team, but soon left to go on a journey to find him and found his smashing Red Blade Liger."

                        "In Arena Two, from the Blue side we have Kyle Stanton and his D-bison from the Tex Team. All D-Bison are known for their tough skin and ability to hold lots of ammo, giving it a great offense and defense, and this one is no different.  And from the Red side, we have Jack Sisco and his Lightening Scythe of the Lightening Team. Jack is known for his incredible handling of his Zoid's speed, giving him a great defense and offense as well. He also uses his cunning which gives him great help."

            "Alright then. In Arena Three we have coming from the Blue side, Jamie Hemeros, the Wild Eagle and his Raynos of the Blitz Team. Now this is an interesting story. The Wild Eagle isn't a regular on the battlefield. He's usually behind the computer, thinking of strategies for the Blitz Team. This may give him an advantage during the battle. But when it's his turn to go on the battlefield, he is definitely not someone to mess around with. And from the Red side, we have Alex Tyler and his Ptera Striker from the Sky Team. Alex has had this Zoid for quite a while since his father is a Zoid Restorer and has been able to learn many tricks that the Wild Eagle may not be able to plan out."

            "And finally in Arena Four, from the Blue side, we have Jennifer Sanders and her DarkHorn from the Neo Team. Her team is now one of the high ranking team in the S Class, showing that each member has a lot of kick, especially that BlackHorn of hers. And from the Red side, we have Ami, the Fire Cat, Kamiya and Rapidfire of the Fire Team. But wait, that isn't Rapidfire." Everyone watches as a giant black cat Zoid comes out. "That's the Black Warrior Zoid that was challenging people earlier." Soon, a sound is heard from the black cat as the black armor peels off like paint and Rapidfire's bright red color is shown.

            "I can't believe it. The Black Warrior was Fire Cat the whole time getting in some practice. That's why no one was able to defeat her. This has really made everything much more interesting. Anyways, Fire Cat seems to be a huge name among Zoid fans everywhere, using her Zoid's incredible speed and her years of skill, she gives all female Zoid warriors a great name."


            “This is your end buddy.” The Raptor charges for the enemy cat as he charges as well.

            “I wouldn’t guess prematurely you know.” They both let out their blades and continue the charge. They soon pass each other, and after, the Raptor falls on its side. “See. You’re to head strong for your own good.”

            “The Raptor is no longer able to battle. The winner is the Blade Liger.”


            “Stay still why don’t ya?”

            “Then this would be a pretty boring battle, wouldn’t it?” Jack comments as he runs circles around the D-Bison. The D-Bison though continues to fire and soon runs out of ammo.

            “Oh no.”

            “Sorry.” He fires at the Zoid, freezing its command system.

            “The D-Bison is no longer able to battle. The winner is the Lightening Scythe.”


            “I gotta admit you’re good.”

            “You too, but I’m even better,” Wild Eagle says as he dives toward the ground. The enemy Raynos follows suit, but Wild Eagle pulls up and around, firing form behind and leaving the flying Zoid still on the ground.

            “The Sky Team’s Raynos is no longer able to battle. The winner is the Blitz Team’s Raynos.”


            “I don’t get this. I’m stronger and have more fire power. Her speed shouldn’t matter, especially at close ranges.” The BlackHorn continues to fire as Rapidfire dodges each shot.

            “You better not count on that. I’m telling you right now that Rapidfire has only been beaten once and that was by cheating. And there will never be a second time.” She pounces toward the BlackHorn and jumps on its back, stunning it for a minute. “Strike Laser Claw!”

            “The BlackHorn is no longer able to battle. The winner is Rapidfire.”


            “And the first elimination rounds for Group B have finished. I’m so glad it’s over so that we can get to the really good battles.”

            “Oh, and it looks like the next round is going to start for Group A. Let’s hope that the battles do get better.”


(Bit’s Voice): I can’t believe it. That new warrior is Ami, but why is she fighting for the Fire Team? Wasn’t that her old team? Maybe I should go try to ask her. Other than that, I’ve been doing great and the top eight Zoids have been chosen and soon the top four. I have a good chance, but so does Ami. In the race to place in the top four, Ami is paired up with Jamie though so who knows. And I get to fight Brad. I’m just afraid of what will happen if I have to fight Ami? Next time on Zoids: Chapter Two- The Top Four Placed, Liger’s Battle To Reach The Top.



Zoids Chapter 2 This fanfic is complete. Hallelujah!


Best Fanfics on the Web, selected by Tim
Tim Seltzer's page www.seltzerbooks.com/tim.html


Discuss books at  Blogging about Books http://www.seltzerbooks.com/blog/
Other book reviews by Richard Seltzer
Opus authors -- contemporary writers whose entire work is great
The Readers' Corner and Writers Showcase


This site is published by Samizdat Express, 213 Deerfield Lane, West Roxbury, MA 02132-002. (203) 553-9925 seltzer@seltzerbooks.com

Book collections on CD and DVD. A library for the price of a book.
Limited time offer: 2 for the price of 1
 

Return to Samizdat Express

Google
  Webseltzerbooks.com