One Month for Romance

Chapter Five: Yoroshiku, Kagome (Nice to meet you, Kagome)

A Fanfiction by: Corisu Li, Mystellia@aol.com , home page http://www.freewebs.com/chasms/


This work is complete. It's one of the greatest fanfics I've found on the Web. I'm posting it here with the permission of the author. I found it at http://www.geocities.com/inuyashakarma .  Enjoy.  Tim Seltzer


Disclaimer: Kagome: Soo...umm...have you figured out what you're going to do about Mom yet?
Corisu Li: I'm thinkin', I'm thinkin'...
Kagome: WHAT? You mean you don't know?
Corisu Li: Hey, I have other obligations, you know!
Kagome: More important than helping me? *eyes fill with tears*
Inuyasha: Now look at what you've done, stupid wench! You made her cry! *lunges at Corisu Li*
Miroku: Now, that's not very gentlemanly, Inuyasha. *whacks him upside the head with his staff*
Inuyasha: Oof! *falls facefirst into the dirt*
Sango: *sweatdrops* Well, now that that's over, on with the next chapter! *turns to Miroku* Hey, you haven't even tried to grope anyone yet. Are you sick or something?
Miroku: No, Sango-chan. I remind you, I AM a monk.
Sango, Inuyasha, Shippou, Kagome, and Corisu Li: *all burst out laughing*
Miroku: WHAT??!!? *sighs*


Summary: Inuyasha has lost a bet. Now he has to spend one full month in Kagome's time. Will the appearance of a strange youkai change things for the worse?...or the better?


Chapter 5: Yoroshiku, Kagome (Nice to meet you, Kagome)

Inuyasha ran at breakneck speed through the night, Kagome clinging tightly to his shirt. He wanted to get out of range before Kagome's mom saw them and followed them or something. At some point in the trip, his hat flew off, but he gave it no mind. He wouldn't need it where he was going.

They were nearly inside the well house before Kagome gasped, "Inuyasha! I need my pack! And you need your fire-rat kimono! Tetsusaiga, too!"

Inuyasha pulled a face that showed that he was very pissed to have Kagome spend any second longer than she had to in this time. But still, he didn't want to return to the Sengoku Jidai without his weapon. Sighing, he leapt up to the window of her room and slowly lowered her inside. He followed her and crept downstairs to retrieve his kimono and his sword. When he returned, now wearing his normal clothes and with Tetsusaiga at his side, Kagome was sitting at her desk, apparently writing something.

"Hey, bitch! Hurry up! We don't have all day for you to sit here and write letters, you know!"

"Shhh, Inuyasha!" she hissed. "And if you think that I'm going anywhere while I know that I'm making Mom worry, you're sadly mistaken!" With that, she signed her name at the bottom of the letter and placed it carefully on her bed. Snagging her enormous yellow backpack, she turned to Inuyasha and nodded. "Okay, let's go."

Inuyasha barely had one foot out of the window when a choked noise came from near the door. The pair whirled to see a very astonished Souta staring at them.

"Nee....nee-chan?"

"Souta...please, just go to bed. It's so late that it's almost morning. Don't tell mom you saw me here, it would just make her even angrier at me."

"You...you're all right!" the boy yelped, throwing himself forward to hug Kagome's waist.

Kagome nodded, trying to look gentle but feeling very pressed for time. "Souta, you have to try and understand. Inuyasha and I are going away again and..." her voice cracked. "And I don't know when we'll be back. Just watch over Mom and Jii-chan, okay?"

Souta nodded and raised his eyes to hers. Therefore, she could see when a change came over the boy's face and he no longer looked relieved, but scared.

"Souta?"

The boy leapt backward, tripped over the bed, and ran to the door. "Souta? What is it?" Kagome asked, confused about what could make him react in such a manner.

Souta merely shook his head. "I won't tell anyone you were here, inu-no- onee-chan!" With this, he raced from the room.

Kagome stared after him. "Did he just call me....Dog-Eared Sister?"

Inuyasha refused to meet her gaze. With a strangled cry, she lowered herself from his back and looked in the mirror. Her ears had migrated to the top of her head. On top of that, her claws had fully elongated to Inu- Youkai length. She blinked furiously as she locked eyes with her mirror self and focused on her own eyes, which were a shocking silver color. Kagome ran her fingers through her hair, where she could see faint glints of white winking at her. Also, she noted that her hair had lengthened. It now reached past her behind. Kagome turned frustrated eyes to Inuyasha, who looked calm, but inside, he was filled with worry. 'Why was this transformation happening this quickly? She's already hanyou!' he thought. 'At this rate, it'll take nowhere near 3 weeks for her full transformation!'

Kagome, meanwhile, had tied her now-long hair behind her in a bun. Looking at Inuyasha, she sighed. "Now that Souta knows," she began, "I suppose there's no harm in taking a little extra time. I really don't want to go there in hospital garb." She pulled an outfit out of the closet. "Turn around. If you peek, I'll tear you to pieces." Inuyasha winced and turned around obediently. When he felt her climb onto his back with the loaded pack once more, he leapt out of the window and ran toward the well house.

Once inside, Kagome leapt down immediately. She was surrounded by the blue light that welcomed her to the Sengoku Jidai. She could feel Inuyasha's presence above her and, without thinking, vaulted herself out of the well. She landed softly on the ground and waited for Inuyasha to join her.

-------------------------------

Shippou sniffed the air. "I smell Inuyasha!" the kitsune exclaimed, dancing around in circles. "That must mean he brought Kagome back!"

"I must say, I am very surprised that Kagome voluntarily gave up on the bet," Miroku said sleepily, his eyes closed and his back against a tree.

Shippou suddenly stopped prancing. "But...but I don't smell Kagome!"

Sango sat up, yawning. "What? But he wouldn't have returned without her! Also, she definitely wouldn't have let him return. They still had three weeks left in Kagome's time!"

Miroku finally opened his eyes. "Maybe something has happened..." He leapt to his feet. "Come on, we have to find them!"

Shippou immediately leapt to Miroku's shoulder and pointed in the direction of Inuyasha's scent. Sango roused her sleeping neko-youkai and tossed her into the air. Instantly, Kirara transformed and Miroku, Sango, and Shippou leapt onto her back.

"Go, Kirara!" Sango yelled. 'If he's let anything go wrong, I'll kill him myself.' she thought coldly.

------------------------------

Inuyasha had just stepped out of the well, and man, was he surprised. "Whoa...." was the only word that he could force past his lips at the moment.

Kagome was wearing a short, red kimono (not short like her sailor fuku, but a decent length, just above her knees). Her hair, pulled up behind her, seemed to glow in the rising sunlight. Her eyes seemed to be alive with a power of their own. She was the personification of beauty.

"K...Kagome....wh-"

She cut him off. "Well, I figure that since I have all of these new abilities, I can help you fight! And fighting doesn't work that well in a fuku! How would I concentrate on youkai while worrying about everyone looking up my skirt?"

Inuyasha smiled a genuine smile. "I just mean that you look wonderful."

Kagome eyed him suspiciously. 'Hmm...' she thought. 'Why is he being so nice all of a sudden?' Before she could open her mouth, however, an orange furball collided with Inuyasha's chest, knocking him to the ground.

"Inuyasha!" Shippou squeaked. "Why didn't you bring Kagome with you? And who's THIS?" he demanded, turning wary eyes on Kagome. The kitsune wasn't able to question Inuyasha further, however, because the hanyou had pried Shippou off of his chest and was pounding him on the top of his head.

"What'd I tell you about hugging me, you stupid brat?"

Shippou screamed and Kagome could take it no longer. "Osuwari!" she shouted, wincing as she saw Shippou become crushed under Inuyasha's weight. "Uh-oh..."

Kagome ran over and flipped Inuyasha off of Shippou, both of whom were unconscious (the former because he clocked his head on a rock as he went down, the latter from being squished by Inuyasha). She would have inspected them more closely, but a cry from the woods made her leap to her feet.

"Hiraikotsu!"

Sango's boomerang hit the spot where Kagome had been standing only moments before. Luckily, her new hanyou powers provided her with speed and strength to rival Inuyasha's.

Sango and Miroku ran over to the fallen forms of the kitsune and the hanyou. "They are both unconscious. If Inuyasha could not stand up to this demon, how can we?" Miroku mused, his eyes raising to Kagome.

Sango scoffed. "We can do our best!" She ran over to the spot where her Hiraikotsu rested (it had gotten stuck in the ground when she attacked, so it couldn't return) and turned once more to face Kagome, who had taken refuge in a tree.

Kagome was racking her brain for ideas on how to convince Miroku and Sango of who she really was. She knew that, in her current state, they would just believe that she was a youkai who had stolen Kagome's voice to trick them.

Kagome was forced to move as Sango's boomerang splintered the tree directly in the spot that she had just vacated. Kagome decided to take her chances. "Sango-chan! Houshi-sama! It's me, Kagome!"

Miroku looked up at her, an expression of disgust on his face. "Yeah, right, youkai! You are just trying to fool us so that we will spare your life! Well, we will never let you escape!"

Kagome's head dropped. She knew that they would react like this. Sighing, Kagome lowered herself to the ground. "There is a hole in your right hand, Miroku-sama. It will eventually kill you if we can not completely destroy Naraku. Sango-chan, you have a little brother that was taken by Naraku and controlled. We fought him a while back, and we won, remember? Only he wasn't really killed, because his soul escaped."

Sango and Miroku gazed at her in shock for a few seconds, but then their faces became stony again. "Kagome was a ningen, youkai! You could have extracted the information from her and then killed her! Y-" Sango cut off when she felt a hand grasp her ankle.

Inuyasha slowly stood. "It IS her. It's a long story, you guys. We came here to speak with Kaede. Maybe you should come along to hear the full story." With that, he sped off in the direction of Kaede's hut. Miroku looked back at Kagome, puzzled, before hurrying off after Inuyasha. Sango made a pained face.

"I'm sorry, Kagome-chan. I should have realized that it was you."

"Don't worry about it, Sango-chan. I don't even recognize myself."

Sango smiled faintly before mounting Kirara. "Um, Kagome-chan? Can you..." She nodded pointedly in the direction that the men had sped off in.

Kagome nodded and Sango took to the skies.

Sighing, Kagome lifted Shippou's still-inert body from the ground. "I just hope Kaede can do something for me," she whispered before following the others.

She traveled through the trees...just like Inuyasha.

---------------------------------

Shippou: Yay! I was in this one!

Inuyasha: But you were unconscious through most of the action, idiot.

Miroku: So were you, Inuyasha, or have you forgotten?

Inuyasha: *grumbles*

Kagome: I can't believe that you guys didn't realize it was me!

Sango: I apologized! Geez, how would you feel if I told you I was a youkai?!

Kagome: *sighs* Good point. Oh, well. Next time, we meet up with Kaede, and she tells me if there's a cure for my...uh...condition.

Corisu Li: And I want to thank Azn Anime Artist, Ice, E. Marie, and Ti'ana for reviewing my fic. *huggles them* And everyone else, don't forget to R&R!

Inuyasha: Like they care if you mention them or not.

Kagome, Sango, and Corisu Li: *all whack him on the head with giant waterbottles*

Inuyasha: *hits the dirt again*

Kagome: Uh...giant waterbottles?

Corisu Li: Sheesh, it was all I could think of!


One Month for Romance by Corisu Li

Best Fanfics on the Web, selected by Tim
Tim Seltzer's page www.seltzerbooks.com/tim.html


Discuss books at  Blogging about Books http://www.seltzerbooks.com/blog/
Other book reviews by Richard Seltzer
Opus authors -- contemporary writers whose entire work is great
The Readers' Corner and Writers Showcase


This site is published by Samizdat Express, 213 Deerfield Lane, West Roxbury, MA 02132-002. (203) 553-9925 seltzer@seltzerbooks.com

Book collections on CD and DVD. A library for the price of a book.
Limited time offer: 2 for the price of 1
 

Return to Samizdat Express

Google
  Webseltzerbooks.com