Richard Seltzer's home page  Publishing home

Before I Was Fire Cat, Before the Blitz Team

By Chibi Reli, chibireli@yahoo.com
Home page http://www.geocities.com/chibireli/

Chapter 4:

Thinking


This fanfic is a prequal of Zoids Chapter 2. We see how Ami became FireCat and how she got Rapidfire. The discovery of Rapidfire and the birth of the FireCat are what happen here.  Tim Seltzer, seltzer@seltzerbooks.com

Disclaimer: Chibi Reli does not own Zoids, but did create the original characters who are not from the TV show.



            You all know my story about joining the Blitz team, meeting Bit, finding out Rapidfire is an Ultimate-X, the battles, and the championships. But you may not know the whole story, the story of my life before the Blitz Team, so I’m here to tell you that.

The story of my life is a very complicated one. I started out as a child with an older brother and two parents. Then my parents died. Then it was just me and my brother. Instead of telling plain out in a few sentences what happened, I think it’s important for me to tell you the whole story, so that you can understand who I am.

My name is Ami Kamiya, better known as the great Fire Cat. I didn’t give myself this name as other warriors have given themselves named. No. I was given the honor of this name which I hold very dear to my heart, for it is who I am. I will tell you how I came to have this name too.

You now know how I discovered Rapidfire, or how she discovered me. And you know the story of how I lost my partner and my brother. You've also learned of how I have made this small village my home. Rapidfire and I have been well taken care of and are enjoying ourselves here. I thought that we could be happy here.

That is, until he came. Because of him, things will change and I will have to start to come to my senses, trying to find myself once again amidst a sea of emotions. This is my story.

It all started one day as I was in a part of the village that was made into a play area for the children.

"Sunny day and without a cloud in the sky and a gentle breeze surrounded by trees and flowers. Nothing can be more peaceful. Maybe, I can take a nap,” Ami says as she lays out in the field. After taking a breath, she starts to close her eyes before hearing her name.

"Miss Ami! Miss Ami!"

"Huh? What? What?" she says as she sits up and looks up at the children surrounding her and starring at her.

"Come play with us Miss Ami,” one of the little boys asks.

"But…"

"Please Miss Ami?" another little girl starts as she and the others start to give her their puppy eyes.

"Alright,” she says sighing in defeat and smiling.

"Yay!” The children all grab a part of Ami as she gets up and leads her towards the playground.

"It looks like Miss Ami is enjoying herself here," says a man next to Kento as they sit on a bench nearby watching the scene.

"It sure does and she needs a break from all the sadness she's been through," Kento says.

"I admire her courage to be able to go on like this. Loosing her whole family and only having a Zoid as her family."

"But now she has us."


"Higher Miss Ami!" one of the children asks as Ami pushes her on the swing.

"Alright." Ami gives a push, but suddenly a strange feeling comes over her. "What is that? Can it be…"

"Watch out Miss Ami!" one of the children scream.

"Huh?" She looks and sees the swing with the child heading straight for her, coming in contact with her face, knocking her onto her back.

"Miss Ami. Miss Ami. Are you alright?" the children ask as they surround her.

"It'll take more than that to knock me out. But how come there are two of each of you?" she asks as she sits up only to fall back down unconscious.


Ami sleeps in her room peacefully until she opens her eyes, looking around. "Huh? Where am I?" She quickly rises off the floor  and grabs her head. "Ow. Now I remember. I think."

"How are you feeling Miss Ami?" Kento asks as he enters the room along with the children behind him.

"Better."

"Here Miss Ami. We picked these flowers for you. Sorry about hitting your head,” the little girl asks giving Ami a bouquet of wild flowers.

"Don't apologize. I'm the one who wasn't watching out,” she says, taking the flowers and smiling.

"But why not Miss Ami?"

"I just had other things on my mind for a minute."

"Mister Kento. Miss Ami. We have a situation,” a man says as he enters the room.

"And what would that be?" Kento asks him.

"There's a Saber Fang in by the border demanding to speak with Miss Ami and Rapidfire."

"Another Zoid? I'll be right there."


"Ami Kamiya I presume?" a man with blond hair and blue eyes asks from his Saber Fang as Rapidfire approaches the outside of town

"You are correct. Now, who are you and what are you doing here? These people want nothing to do with you."

"I am not here for these people. My name is Bruce Chatman. And I am here to challenge you to a Zoid battle. I've heard great things about you and I want to battle you."

"No."

"What? Do you have no honor as a warrior?" he asks her, insulted.

"I am no longer a warrior and I am not registered under the Zoid Battle Commission either, so I do not have to obey by their laws anymore. I am only here to serve as a guardian to the people of this village and that is it. Take your fight to someone else who wants to."

"Then you're scared of fighting? Don't think you can beat me?" he asks as he watches Rapidfire start to turn around.

"Of course I can beat you. I've probably won more than you have. That's why you want to challenge me. Now good day sir," she says as she walks away from him without a look back.


"You took care of that man in a very dignified manner I must say,” Kento says as he and Ami sit down for their tea time.

"I didn't want to battle. That's all. Doing something more rash may have ticked him off."

"You never answered his question," he says after a brief moment of silence.

"What question are you talking about?"

"His question about being scared to fight." Another moment passes. Ami takes a sip of tea and gives an answer.

"I don't have to answer anything I don't want to."

"That's because you're still scared."

"…" She stops mid sip and puts her cup onto the table.

"I thought so. It's okay to be scared. After what happened, you have every right to be."

"It sometimes feels like a battle to even get into Rapidfire. I have this feeling too that she doesn't like just sitting around." Her hands start to shake a bit and she tries to control them by putting them on her lap.

"No Zoid does. All Zoids were meant to move around, roam the earth. Just like people. No one likes to sit around for so long, so they do things, like become warriors."

"I guess so."

"You know that one day you are going to have to conquer your fears."

"I know. But I feel like that will be never," she says, picking up her drink again.

"You just need the right thing to set you off towards the goal of overcoming it. It will happen soon enough. You have the soul of a warrior."

"The soul of a warrior?" she asks confused.

"Yes. The soul of a warrior is one who is very prideful and respectful and has a good sense of justice. I know these things."

“I guess you would since you’ve dealt with Zoid battling before. Do you have any tips for fighting then? Just in case I ever rejoin the commission,” she smirks a little.

“The best advice I could give you is to always follow your heart.”

“Well that doesn’t help very much.”


“Are you sure we should do this?” a black haired man asks Bruce from the seat of his Stealth Viper. Two others with them.

“You do want to battle Ami don’t you? And this is the only way. For the honor of our group,” Bruce commands as he and his comrades start firing by the village.


“What in the world?” Ami says as she feels the ground shake in the room.

“It sounds and feels like a bomb just went off,” Kento comments as he puts down his tea.

“It looks like that Zoid warrior has come back,”Ami says as she gets up and runs out the room.


“So it looks like you’ve come out to play,” Bruce says as he watches Rapidfire running towards him, stopping a few yards away.

“What are you doing attacking this village?” Ami demands.

“I didn’t want to, but it was the only way you could make you come out and fight us. You said you would protect this village which means you would fight anyone who wanted to threatened it. Now Ami Kamiya, I challenge you to an unofficial Zoid battle.”

“Fine then. I’ll accept your challenge if you promise to leave here and not tell anyone about me here,” she demands, getting ready for battle.

“It’s a deal. Now let’s get this started, right now,” he says, starting to fire.

“I don’t know why you even bother. Strike Laser Claw!”


“Turn right Miss Ami,” one of the children say as they all ride on top of Rapidfire.

“Faster Miss Ami, faster!”

“If I go any faster, you guys will fly off and I don’t want you guys to hurt yourselves,” she says, laughing at their fun filled faces.

“But that’s not true!” all the children announce.

Am I ever going to really enjoy this village?

“I’m amazed that Miss Ami was able to defeat that man so quickly.”

“Ami has an amazing talent and Rapidfire is an amazing Zoid. If she could only realize this for herself, she could become one of the most powerful Zoid warriors out there. And I know that she can. She just needs the right push,” Kento says as he watches the girl and children.

And this is just another part of my story. The story of how I had started to battle again and how my life has started to go back to the way it was before. I just hoped that no one else new where I was so I could finally live in peace, but for some reason, I don’t think it will be the end. The priest has been a lot of help for me and I find him a great influence in my life and I know that he will help me in the next steps.



Before I was Fire Cat, Before the Blitz Team This story is complete.


Best Fanfics on the Web, selected by Tim
Tim Seltzer's page www.seltzerbooks.com/tim/timseltzer.html

seltzer@seltzerbooks.com  privacy statement

Google
  Webseltzerbooks.c