Richard Seltzer's home page  Publishing home

Before I Was Fire Cat, Before the Blitz Team

By Chibi Reli, chibireli@yahoo.com
Home page http://www.geocities.com/chibireli/

Chapter 3:

Home



This fanfic is a prequal of Zoids Chapter 2. We see how Ami became FireCat and how she got Rapidfire. The discovery of Rapidfire and the birth of the FireCat are what happen here.  Tim Seltzer, seltzer@seltzerbooks.com

Disclaimer: Chibi Reli does not own Zoids, but did create the original characters who are not from the TV show.



        You all know my story about joining the Blitz team, meeting Bit, finding out Rapidfire is an Ultimate-X, the battles, and the championships. But you may not know the whole story, the story of my life before the Blitz Team, so I’m here to tell you that.

The story of my life is a very complicated one. I started out as a child with an older brother and two parents. Then my parents died. Then it was just me and my brother. Instead of telling plain out in a few sentences what happened, I think it’s important for me to tell you the whole story, so that you can understand who I am.

My name is Ami Kamiya, better known as the great Fire Cat. I didn’t give myself this name as other warriors have given themselves named. No. I was given the honor of this name which I hold very dear to my heart, for it is who I am. I will tell you how I came to have this name too.

You now know how I discovered Rapidfire, or how she discovered me. And you know the story of how I lost my partner and my brother. It’s been a while since there. Rapidfire and I have been traveling around for sometime, trying to figure out what to do. We’ve tried to avoid all battles too since I just can’t seem to handle them. Nightmares of my brother’s death still haunt me now. But soon, Rapidfire and I will find a place where we can feel comfortable, where we can start to face our fears.

            Everything started one night while I was sleeping out underneath the stars, 6 months without a battle and after my brother's death... I was having another nightmare about the accident. I could see it. I was still, watching as the light appeared and missiles came straight for me, and my brother running, but then something strange happened. A rainbow of lights suddenly appeared and I soon found myself standing in the middle of a void, all by myself.


            "Hello, is anyone here?" Ami waits patiently as she looks around as the rainbow soon becomes clouds. "Of course not. I think I'm finally losing it."

            "You're not losing it."

           "Wait, who's there?" She looks around and soon finds a figure hiding.

            "You must fight again. People are depending on you."

            "What are you talking about?"

            "You have a great power Ami and with Rapidfire, that power will become even greater. Continue your battles and you will come to find your place."

            "Wait. What are you talking about?" She goes towards the shadow, but it soon disappears. "What was that all about?"


            "That dream. It was so…weird. What was that thing trying to tell me?" Suddenly Rapidfire pauses and roars. "What's wrong Rapidfire?" Ami looks out and soon starts to see smoke rising. She zooms in and sees a field burning along with three Iron Kongs. "It looks like those guys are making a mess. We should go, but…" Before she finishes, Rapidfire starts to sprint. "Alright. We'll go."


            "I'll tell you again. Give us your daughter or I'll destroy more of your home, "a man in one of the Iron Kongs says as an old man with white hair and beard stands in front of a young lady with brown hair and eyes, protecting her.

            "Daddy?" the girl questions from behind.

            "No! I won't let you have my daughter."

            "Suit yourself." The Iron Kong takes a fire blaster from its back and gets it ready. Suddenly, a shot appears and destroys it, letting it sit on the ground.

            "What was that?" They look and see a huge cloud coming up. It starts to run by the fire, slowly making it die until nothing is left. It soon stops and a red cat Zoid appears, standing majestically.

            "Now if you don't want your Zoid to end up ten times worse, I suggest that you leave this place. I don't know what kind of business you have here, but I don’t like it one bit."

            "And who do you think you are?" asks another man.

            "I am Ami Kamiya of the Fire Team and this is my Zoid Rapidfire. Now, I'll tell you again. Get out of here."

            "I don't think so. Let's get her boys."

            "Right." Two of the Iron Kongs start a charge as Ami waits patiently. They soon jump into the air for a punch from the air, but Rapidfire quickly moves out of the way before she could be hit.

            "Wow. That Zoid's fast," the girl says.

            "One more chance boys. Ready to give up?" Ami asks as she gets into a pouncing stance.

            "We never give up."

            "Suit yourself. Let's show them Rapidfire." It's Rapidfire's turn as she charges toward the two zoids, dodging their shots with easy. "And now…Strike Laser Claw!" She attacks and easily bring one down, lands, turns around and gets the other before he even knows what hits him. "And now, it's your turn." She turns towards the last Iron Kong remaining.

            "My day isn't today, but yours will be soon. I'll be back I promise!" He soon turns and runs away as the remaining two members get out of their damaged Zoids and run away.

            "Well that wasn't bad for the first battle in a couple of months," Ami says, dusting off her hands as Rapidfire sits down and stretches.

            "Thank you so much Miss. Please can we see what you look like?" the old man below asks as he and his daughter approach the two.

            "I guess so." The cockpit opens and Ami leans out.

            "My, you're a pretty one for a warrior."

            "Thanks," she says, blushing slightly at the old man's comment.

            "You not only saved me, but you also saved our farm. Please, let us repay you somehow," the girl answers.

            "It's alright. You don't have to."

            "It would be our honor. How about a meal and a place to stay?" the old man suggests.

            "I haven't really slept in an actual bed lately nor had a good meal in a while," Ami says, rubbing her belly.

            "Then you are welcomed here. You can put your Zoid in the back."


            "Oh wow. There's so much food. Will you be joining me?" Ami says in awe as she looks at the huge feast put in front of her.

            "We have already eaten. This is all for you," the girl says as she places a glass of water down for Ami.

            "But I feel bad eating all this food," Ami says, tapping her chin and drooling at the same time.

            "Nonsense. You saved more food than this by defeating those men. This is your reward."

            "Thank you so much." She bows to the two in front and starts devouring the food.

            "Denis. Merle. Are you two okay? One of the boys in town said they saw smoke a while ago and we came over as soon as we could," a younger man says as he and several others run into the small house.

            "Everything is fine thanks to this young woman. She was able to chase off the men who burned some of our field," Dennis says as he points at Ami who is currently stuffing a chicken leg into her mouth.

            "So she is the owner of that strange red Zoid out there?" another man asks.

            "Her name is Rapidfire. And yes, she is my Zoid," Ami responds, taking a drink of her water and turning around to the audience.

            "Oh wow, a Zoid warrior. Then maybe our town can be safe for everyone."

            "Our town isn't as safe as it was a long time ago, but now with you here…"

            "She must see the elder," another comments.

            "Yes the elder," the others repeat.

            "Who's the elder?" Ami asks, while putting another spoonful of food into her mouth.

            "He is the eldest and wisest in our town. He will explain everything."

            "Let her finish her meal first though," Merle insists.

            "That shouldn’t be too hard. I'm done," she responds putting down her glass.

            "Well that was quick."

            "That was the best meal I had in a while thank you. But there is one more thing I would like to ask you."

            "Anything," Dennis replies.

            "I want to help you redo the fields. If all this food came from this farm, it would be a shame not to have more of it. And using Rapidfire will make things so much faster."

            "You don't have to," the old man says.

            "No, I insist. I was repaid for my deed by given a place. Now I must repay you for this meal," Ami says as she gets up from her place at the table.


            "Wow. It's beautiful," Ami says as she and the group of men enter a small cottage type house decorated with old pictures.

            "I'm glad you like it Miss…"

            "Ami Kamiya," she introduces herself to the short man with long white hair tied in the back and blue eyes.

            "Ah…you wouldn't be the same Ami Kamiya of the Fire Team would you?" he asks, walking around her as if he was inspecting her for something.

            "Yes I am, but I hoped no one would notice."

            "Mister Kento once was a Zoid fighter and continues to be one the most well known. He likes to keep up with the Zoid world every now and then," one of the men state.

            "I'm sorry about bringing it up, but if you stay here though, I can promise that no one will bother you about it," Kento states as he returns to his position in front of Ami.

            "Thank you."

            "The people of our village tell me that you saved Dennis's farm from some troublemakers."

            "I just saw smoke and wondered if anyone was okay. I had to get rid of them since they were making a bad name for Zoid warriors everywhere."

            "Unfortunately, there will always be people like them out there."

            "Yeah. I know."

            "I was wondering Miss Ami if you would like to join me for some tea?" he asks, motioning to a door in back of him.

            "Sure."


            "How could you let one Zoid defeat three Iron Kongs?" a man with black hair and eyes screams as he slams his fist into the bar counter.

            "We're so sorry boss. But she was so strong," one of the guys say as the first man takes a drink of beer.

            "She?"

            "Yes. And she moved so quickly that you could hardly see her between stops."

            "Was this a red cat Zoid? One you've never seen before?" he asks, putting down his drink.

            "Yes sir."

            "Well then, it looks like it can still be my lucky day."


            "I hope you're enjoying your tea."

            "I am thank you very much. I never had tea like this before," Ami says as she takes a sip and then looks into her cup. The two sit on the floor, a small table between them decorated with teapots and cups.

            "It’s my own secret recipe."

            "It's nice," she whispers as the man looks at her.

            "Is there something wrong Miss Ami? You look quite sad."

            "It's just that…my brother and I used to have tea together like this. It was a ritual he had every morning."

            "You're brother was a very powerful Zoid warrior if I remember correctly and I can see you miss him very much." He takes a sip of his own tea.

            "He was the only family I had left. And now, I'm on my own," she says putting down her cup.

            "You're not on your own though. Your brother's spirit is still with you every time you fight a battle and you still have Rapidfire. If you treat her right, she will stay with you forever."

            "I guess you're right. The only problem with that is that I'm so scared to enter a Zoid battle. I don't want to fight anymore. I keep thinking about Kikeru." She picks up her tea cup again and takes another drink.

            "You must face your fears. It is never good to let them live on."

            "Mister Kento! Miss Ami!"

            "What is it?" Kento asks as one of the men from before enter.

            "Zoids are attacking the farms again. We need you Miss Ami. Please?"

            "Kay. I'll be there in a sec," she says, putting down the cup and jumping up from her seat.


            "Put my daughter down right now!" Dennis screams from outside as he faces five black Iron Kongs, the one in the center holding Merle.

            "No way. I'm gonna make you all pay for going against me. Anyways, as long as I have you guys, I'll get to finally meet that girl and her Zoid." He smirks as he dangles the girl around.

            "Let her go right now!" Ami shouts as Rapidfire approaches, stopping meters away from the boss.

            "They're back Miss Ami. Please stop them," Merle shouts, trying to squirm her way free.

            "Don't worry, I will."

            "So you're the one my guys told me so much about, Ami Kamiya of the Fire Team. I must say that Rapidfire of yours is a pretty nice looking Zoid. Too bad I'm gonna have to ruin it."

            "Over my dead body. Who are you anyways?"

            "My name is Charles Hans."

            "And it looks like you already know mine."

            "Who hasn't heard of Ami Kamiya. I hear you were a pretty good warrior, but I'm better."

            "We'll just see that. I'll take you and all your guys on at once. Now put down Merle." She takes a step forward, getting ready to attack.

            "Have it you're way. I'll just grab her after we're done with you." He puts the girl on the ground and Merle safely runs back to her father. By this time, Kento has appeared as well as other men.

            "There's no way I'm gonna lose to a dirty lowlife scum bag like you!"

            "Guys…fire!" The other four Zoids fire their missiles, but Rapidfire simply dashes out of the way.

            "Too slow!" Ami fires this time and is able to knock down two of Iron Kongs.

            "What are you waiting for? Get her!" Charles commands.

            "We're trying, but she's too fast," one reports as he and everyone else begin firing.

            "She's amazing. I haven't seen skill in battle like that in a long time," Kento whispers to himself as he watches the battle.

            "Strike Laser Claw!" Rapidfire leaps and brings down the fourth enemy, stopping a few meters away from Charles.

            "How did she do it?" he wonders out loud.

            "Well it looks like it's just you and me pretty boy. Are you ready to give up or am I gonna have to make a fool out of you as well?"

            "No one makes a fool out of me!" He fires and charges. Ami quickly moves out of the way and charges straight for him. She soon jumps into the air and brings down the Iron Kong in one swift motion, landing on the ground with claws for the Zoid's neck.

            "Now, I'll tell you one last time. Get out of here or else you won't be able to feel anything for the next few months."

            "What power and capability she has with that one of a kind Zoid of hers and she doesn't even know it. If she practices, she could become the greatest Zoid warrior out there," Kento wonders again as he sees to the two standing still like a painting of a victorious battle during war.


            "Thank you so much. You have once again saved our village," Dennis comments, bowing along with the others.

            "It's no problem," Ami says, putting both hands behind her head in a relaxed pose.

            "May I ask where you are off to next?" Merle asks.

            "Where I can go I guess. I really don't have a place to call my own."

            "Then stay here with us. We will all treat you as our guest. You can stay at my temple," Kento suggests.

            "Thank you very much, but I can't," Ami says, trying not to offend the men.

            "Nonsense. You have nowhere else to go, right? Then why can't you stay here?" Kento rebukes.

            "You can be our guardian."

            "Yes our guardian."

            "I don’t know," Ami asks out loud, looking at Rapidfire for an answer.

            "Please?" Merle asks, grabbing Ami's hand in hers.

            "Alright, I guess it won’t hurt," she answers smiling.

            And this is the story of how Rapidfire and I found our new home, acting as guardian of this small little town. I thought to myself and figured out I could be happy here, only having to deal with a Zoid battle every now and then. It was the perfect place to mend my soul. There was one thing that troubled me though. The old priest who I was going to live with seemed to give off a strange aura that I couldn't figure out. Just what was he up to? Maybe…I was destined to come here.



Before I was Fire Cat, Before the Blitz Team This story is complete.


Best Fanfics on the Web, selected by Tim
Tim Seltzer's page www.seltzerbooks.com/tim/timseltzer.html

seltzer@seltzerbooks.com  privacy statement

Google
  Webseltzerbooks.c