New Age

Part one of Trilogy, part 2 = Reign of Chaos, part 3 = Tides of Darkness

By Sh33p, CultofSh33p@aol.com

Chapter 6

Darkness Rising


Hats off to this fic. It tops most fics I've read....including most of the ones I posted here. Tim Seltzer, seltzer@seltzerbooks.com


Sh33p Disclaimer: I don`t own Zoids.


"And in other news, Raven Heights, the Super Maximum Security Prison used by the Gaurdian Force to house the most dangerous and/or powerful criminals on the planet posing a threat to the security of the world at large was all but destroyed last night by what survivors described as a 'flowing white beam,' fired from the peak of Mount Horus, hitting the most heavily protected portion of the entire prison facility and tearing straight through to the other side. While there are a few suspects at present, all can be cleared due to one of three reasons: Mysterious death, witnesses providing rock solid alibis and/or lack of motive. Those lost in the prison assault include Altiel Tairis, believed to be the former sub-commander of the Backdraft Group, as well as over a thousand other prisoners, gaurds and soldiers on duty at the ti-"

Vega grimaced, flipping the channel off and settling his hands in his lap. It was all coming together alright, just as he had feared. Former Backdraft members were dropping like flies caught in a smoked up garage and everything tied together to lead to one suspect that Vega felt only he was knowledgable enough to pinpoint. Standing up and getting the heavy, lightly armored jacket he wore during battle off of the back of his chair, Vega slipped the piece of clothing on over his shirt and buttoned it up, grabbing his gloves a few seconds later.

It was quite the change really, from a prison-like bedroom to a posh, Backdraft-provided suite to living in an old log cabin bought by his mother shortly before her incarceration. There wasn`t much love lost between Vega and Sarah but he wasn`t about to let her go down next, and he knew that he had until the pattern reversed to make sure that she didn`t.

He also knew that he was the only target who didn`t fit into the pattern, he had no official rank in the Backdraft. None of the former Kings did, it was a miracle for the Backdraft Group as a whole that nobody in the ZBC had spotted any files about the project. "I was wondering if he was alive," Vega thought dryly, slipping his gloves on and sitting back down to put on his socks and sneakers. "And now that I know, that means I`ve got to try and stop him from his next target... Unless he goes random," Vega thought dryly, the other always did have that nasty habit of switching tactics at the worst times when Vega was trying to figure him out.

Glancing out of the open window, Vega let out a whistle, listening to several deep rumblings and then watching as a certain silver colored, heavily armored Ultimate X padded around the cabin and came to a stop just a few yards away from the window. The Berserk Fury let out a growl, and while it would`ve sounded quite menacing to most, Vega thought of it in the same way most people think of a whining dog. He just happened to have a whining dog that was around thirty or forty feet tall, capable of blasting judge satellites out of existence.

"I`ll be out soon Oeny, gimme a minute to finish getting ready!" Vega shouted, sliding the window shut a second or so later. 'Oeny' was his nickname for the Zoid most people called 'Death with legs' or other such nicknames. One could chalk the nickname up to the fact that in addition to being a prodigal genius at Zoid piloting, Vega also happened to be a slight addict for online gaming.

Turning around and sliding the curtain shut, Vega grabbed his belt and made to put it on only to pause at the sound of the phone ringing. "Who the heck would be calling out here?" He asked himself lazily, walking into the kitchen and grabbing the phone off of it`s mount. Despite having little experience in cooking, doing laundry or much else domestically, Vega had adapted to living alone pretty quickly, answering the phone on the other hand was just as mundane as waking up in the mornings to take the Fury for a run.

"Hello?"

"Is this Vega Obscura?" A gruff, rugged sounding voice asked. "Yeah, who is this?" Vega asked in reply. "My name`s Harabec Davids, the owner of that resturaunt you visited a week ago," the voice identified itself. "I remember you, what can I do for you?" Vega asked. "For one, you can get a phone number that doesn`t take two days to dig up, for another, you need to watch your back," Harabec replied quickly. "Why`s that?" Vega asked, feigning not knowing what the man was telling him already.

"About two days ago, a guy came in here asking if you had visited recently, then said he was going to try and kill you," Harabec informed grimly. "I figured as much... Did he ask if anyone knew where I was or anything like that?" Vega asked. "No, but I did tell him about the Blitz Team`s party a week ago," Harabec answered. "Alright. Do you know where their base is?" Vega asked, holding the phone with his neck and rushing to get his belt on. "It`s about five miles West of the city, why?" Harabec asked. "Because I want you to call up the Gaurdian Force and the Zoid Battle Commission both and try to get them to go out there now. Knowing him, he`s going to try and hit them soon," Vega explained.

"Hold up just a second kid, who`s 'he?'" Harabec asked.

"That isn`t important, just try and get reinforcements ready, I`m on my way to their base right now, bye," Vega finished, lifting his head and allowing the phone to fall into his hand before smacking it back onto the recharger and darting towards the door, buckling his belt at the last second. "Time to go Fury!" Vega yelled, racing around the corner at a fevered pace.


"Things happen for a reason," Steven shrugged, getting his labcoat back on for the first time in over a week, shaking himself off in the process. "So you`re... Not mad?" Leena asked. "Not mad?" Doctor Tauros asked with a slight twitched, glancing down from the Shadow Fox at his daughter and then to Bit and Brad. "OF COURSE I`M MAD! But the Scout Fox is just so cool I can`t help myself..." Steve trailed off, big hearts visible in his eyes as he regarded the golden finish of the new Zoid. "It even has that new Zoid smell!" He shouted joyously.

"Leave it to the Doc to look on the bright side no matter what," Brad mumbled sarcastically. "Well, at least now you aren`t servicing any Noise Marine Bubbas, right?" Bit asked with a snicker. "The next time you try to be funny Bit, think in advance and remember that you aren`t," Brad replied coolly. "Maybe if you had an inkling of a sense of humor perhaps," Bit grumbled. "I do, it`s just better geared than that of someone who thinks stealing Leena`s breakfast food is comedic when all it does is earn you a daily concussion."

"Or four," Bit corrected. "I thought the record was five?" Brad asked. "Heck if I know," Bit replied hazily. "Well... That`s one disaster averted," Leena said, more to herself than anyone else. That completed, she languidly stepped aside and allowed the Doc to continue staring at the Scout Fox like it was some sort of Greek god. "Anyone know where Jamie is?" She asked quietly, itching for a change of subject. He had been acting a bit weird lately hadn`t told anyone why, it was a major change from the normally semi-cheerful teen they were all used to.

"I think he went to town to go to the arcade or something," Brad shrugged. "He went to the arcade without me?! The nerve," Bit complained. "Now Bit, don`t get angry that someone else decided to pick on all the non-warriors for you," Brad replied. "He`s been acting a bit odd lately," Leena cut in, trying to get the conversation back on-track before Bit and Brad broke into a wisecrack fest. "You noticed too, huh?" Bit asked. "Yeah, he`s moping around and doesn`t spend every spare hour he has trying to come up with battle plans that none of us ever listen to," Leena answered. "He`s probably just having a phase," Steven interrupted for a few seconds before turning back to the Scout Fox.

"Probably, but even depressed teens aren`t that bad," Brad muttered. "Actually, some are," Bit corrected. "Can it, blondie," Brad replied. "Make me, scruff," Bit shot back. "Anyway," Leena cut into, tongue in her cheek with an annoyed look on her face. "Could have something to do with the fact the jeep he brought back wasn`t one of our`s," Brad commented dryly. "Yeah, it didn`t have any boot marks from Leena flailing around everytime she see`s a sale going on," Bit replied with the same tone.

"I resent that comment," Leena grumbled. "Maybe Doc`s right and he`s just going through a phase or something, go figure," Brad said with a shrug. "Speaking of the Doc..." Bit trailed off, looking around.

"Oh," Leena mumbled for the group as they all looked up in time to see Steven pop out of the space between the eight barrels of the Plasma Gattling Gun, cackling like a lunatic.


"Beck?" Abbie asked worriedly as Harabec grabbed his vest off of the rack he kept it on whenever working, tossing it around himself and hurriedly giving the place a once-over. "What are you doing?" Abbie asked again. "If the ZBC and the Gaurdian Force are too stuck-up about it only being a rumor when they`ve got bigger things to deal with, I`ll just go myself," Harabec replied sardonically, grabbing his gloves out of the vest pocket. "I`ll be back by tonight, if I`m not, call the police to head out to the Blitz Team`s base," Harabec stated grimly.

"And while you`re at it, keep an eye on the news," he added, quickly speed walking for the door in a manner that left Abbie and the other three workers, as well as some of the customers, looking more than a bit perplexed.


"Come on Oeny, can`t you make some better time than this?" Vega asked as the Berserk Fury rumbled along over the terrain of the mountain side, jumping several times and igniting the jumpjets in it`s legs to gain a bit more distance at every chance it got. The Zoid growled something of a negative in what seemed like an annoyed tone to Vega, who grimaced in reply. "I know you`re doing your best without the back boosters, but we can`t afford to be any slower! If he get`s there first, you and I both know that Bit and the others probably won`t be able to beat him, and if that happens, he`ll kill them just like he killed the Fuma team," Vega explained to the Zoid, hoping to draw just a bit more speed out of it if possible.

His efforts paid off ever so slightly. "Yeah, you know that if Bit dies, you won`t get a chance to rematch with the Liger Zero," Vega commented with a smirk. The Fury rumbled something along the lines of an affirmative, skidding to a stop and igniting it`s jumpjet`s once again, sending the Zoid rocketing over what remained of the forested slope of the mountain before touching down on the edge of a lake and executing the jump again, going for even more distance and elevation this time.

"Glad to see you`re as adament about this as I am," Vega commented, recieving nothing in the way of a reply from the Fury as it smashed down onto a small island and performed another jump.


"You`re moping. Again." Jamie frowned to himself, taking another shot in the game at a creature that looked like something of a cross between a morbidly crafted zombie and a cyborg, just as the screen blurred around in a flash to zoom in on another horde of foot soldiers. Jamie squeezed the trigger of the game`s controlling rifle-like device, pressing a button on the side several times to chuck grenades into the mass of attackers. "You`re throwing off my skills, Bird-ass. Shut up," Jamie replied after a few seconds with an uncharacteristic tone to his thoughts. "Bird-ass? My, my, did someone wake up on the wrong side of the bed today?" The Wild Eagle asked. "To say that I woke up on the wrong side of the bed is putting more credit to it than it deserves," Jamie answered, taking a rarely grim satisfaction with detonating something into a mess of reddish colored gore, despite the fact that he would`ve usually just tried to ignore it.

"Okay, you woke up sleeping upside-down on the bottom of the bed," the Wild Eagle offered. "More like upside down between the matresses with a lead weight pressed on the spot corresponding to my groin," Jamie stated, ignorant of the sound of two quarters being dropped into the machine and a red crosshair coming up on the opposite side of the screen.

"Well aren`t you just Mister Pleasant," the Wild Eagle jabbed. "I would be, if you hadn`t murdered around five hundred people," Jamie snapped back, screwing up a shot and watching his health meter go down as a result. "Closer to a thousand actually, but if I were you, I`d focus on the game before the girl beside you whips your score`s ass," the Wild Eagle stated, apparently not suffering from the tunnel vision that his opposite was having.

"Hi," Jamie offered. "You should try aiming more carefully," the girl replied, using single shots to start picking off the foot soldiers one by one with near-alarming speed, rarely using the grenades but always hitting her targets right in the head or the other weakest points when she did. "... You`re good," Jamie blinked, taking the time to spray down his end of things with slugs and grenades in a manner that left far less standing in a far shorter time, but left him having to reload sooner.

"I play a lot," the girl offered back with a shrug, leaned forward with her head resting on the side of the weapon like a hunting rifle. "Oh... I`m Jamie, by the way," he offered, finally prying his eyes off of the game screen and glancing down to find the blue headed girl to be his own age from the looks of things, dressed in plain clothing that consisted of a pair of white pants, a white vest and a black, long sleeved undershirt.

"Leyla," she offered back after a few more seconds, blinking herself at the way Jamie was successfully knocking down every single target in the air before it could even fire a shot. "Not bad yourself," she mumbled, standing up straight and offering a hand, which Jamie promptly shook before going back to the game.

"Couldn`t tell me she was cute, could ya?" He asked annoyedly. "Aww, Leena`s cute but you don`t have problems interacting with her..." The Wild Eagle chided. "Leena`s also like a sister," Jamie shot back. "What about Naomi? She`s practically screaming 'SEX!' everytime she wears that weird bathing suit-ish outfit of her`s," the Wild Eagle asked. "She`s also easier to deal with since she knows that and doesn`t taunt people with it," Jamie grumbled. "You of course realize I`m going to spend the rest of our mutual existence teasing the blue hell out of you over this, right?" The Wild Eagle asked.

"Don`t remind me," Jamie muttered, hosing down yet another of the in-game targets with grenades, even as Leyla picked off a bonus target that boosted her score up past his own. "HAHA!" The Wild Eagle laughed over the fact that Jamie had just lost the high-score mark to girl who hadn`t been playing any more than ten minutes while he had spent the past hour gunning through the game relentlessly.


There was a loud rumble, Leena toppled off of her feet for several seconds before she could get back up, dusting herself off and snapping a glance down the hall in time to see Brad stumble into a wall and prop himself up on one arm, just as the alarms started going off, screaming in the ears of the Blitz Team members as the entire base rattled again. "What in the hell is going on?!" Leena screamed over the roar of an explosion outside. "Don`t ask me, I was just taking a nap!" Brad answered hazily, trying to wipe the sleep out of his eyes.

"Come on!" Bit cut into the conversation, jogging past Leena and Brad both towards the hangar. "What`s going on!?" Both yelled. "We`re under attack you twits! Come on!" Bit yelled back, vanishing down the hallway with Brad and Leena both not too far behind, though both had more trouble staying balanced than Bit did when the entire base kept rattling.

By the time the two had caught up with him, Bit was already in the hangar, climbing towards the cockpit of the Liger Zero, which had only recently been refitted again with the original white armor after the hard-fought draw against the Shadow Fox. By the time Bit had finished climbing into the cockpit and getting it shut though, Brad was already headed towards the hangar bay doors, which themselves trembled with each impact from their unseen attacker.

Leena was the last in line, her Gunsniper took a bit longer to get loose due to all of the maintenence that was still being performed on it.

A few seconds passed as the huge garage door opened up, leaving Brad and the Scout Fox to slowly exit the shadows, though the silence was soon shattered as the assailant made his presence clear.

Whoever it was wasn`t any ordinary attacker, the Blitz Team had faced the likes of that before on several occasions. This attacker though? This one had something the previous attackers had lacked. It wasn`t numbers either, each time the Blitz Team dealt with non-commissioned attackers, they always came in hordes of average-to-weak Zoids like Zabats or Demantids, relying on sheer force of numbers to overwhelm the skills of the Blitz and the power of their individual Zoids.

This one though?

To put it mildly, it was a stark contrast from the smallishly-crafted, nimble looking Scout Fox with it`s gold-painted armor panels and one major weapon in comparison to the solid black-and-red Genosaurer that had landed a few dozen yards in front of it. Brad grimaced, he was going to have to rely on every ounce of speed and stealth the Scout Fox could offer, not to mention every bit of ingenuity and resourcefulness he could bring to bear until Bit and Leena could get out of the hangar, which was promptly blasted shut by a pair of extremely precise shots from the three nose guns of the attacker.

"Who are you?" Brad demanded over the broadband, setting the targeting reticule right on the chest of the enemy Zoid. He wasn`t pulling his punches, a few shots into the cockpit could mean he could end the fighting with a slightly-unfortunate death but it would also mean he would at least live to regret it.

"Who I am doesn`t matter. My question does, and I`m only going to ask it once, so listen and listen good, and if you don`t get it right, you will die before the end of the hour, is that clear?" The attacker asked, not speaking through visuals for some reason or another. "... What`s the question?" Brad asked slowly, using it to buy himself time to pick out a decent strategy for survival.

"Where is Vega Obscura?" The attacker asked.

"I don`t know," Brad answered truthfully.

"Wrong answer," the attacker stated, bursting up and off of the ground at the same moment that Brad opened fire with the Plasma Gattling Gun, sending off a dozen bolts out into the desert to explode harmlessly while he threw the Scout Fox forward and into a zigzag pattern, waiting for the Genosaurer to touch back down before halting the Scout Fox, and opening up the tail.

"It isn`t an EMP missile, but it`ll do," he commented over the broadband, letting loose with the quad-barreled 20mm machine gun, only to miss again as the Genosaurer simply sidestepped out of the way, twisting around and opening up with the nose cannons, which Brad swiftly managed to dodge by gunning to the side and swinging around on the Scout Fox` forward legs. "Don`t get it do you?" The attacker asked.

"I don`t care what I don`t get, just stop attacking me or I`ll kill you!" Brad replied, adding fire to his words in the literal sense by opening up with the Plasma Gattling again, which the Genosaurer again dodged, touching down in-between the streams of fire and rocketting back up on it`s jumpjets before landing right behind and to the left of the Scout Fox. Brad had all of a quarter second to respond, but by then it was too late.

The thick, black tail of the Genosaurer slammed into the side of the Scout Fox, throwing Brad up into the ceiling of the cockpit while his Zoid went into a sideways corkscrew through the air, landing awkwardly on it`s back and rolling over, back onto it`s feet with a shriek of challenge. "Fox and I didn`t like that," Brad growled.

"And guess who doesn`t care? You suck and your Zoid isn`t much better," the attacker replied snidely, launching the Genosaurer up and off of the ground again and landing directly where the Scout Fox would have been -

"All Zoid, no skill."

- assuming it hadn`t cloaked, dove forward and twisted over to the right, just as the Genosaurer tilted up on it`s own right leg and kicked out to the side with it`s left, smacking the Scout Fox on it`s other side and knocking it over once again. Brad grunted and smacked into the side of the cockpit again, forcibly righting himself all over again, both in the cockpit and with the Zoid itself, finally taking the seconds to get the safety harness on with a dazed grunt as the cloaking unit lost power.

"How did you know?" Brad asked.

"You`re predictable," the attacker replied sternly, darting forward on it`s jet engines only to come to a skidding stop right in front of the Scout Fox, literally shooting one arm out and tearing through the smaller Zoid`s ears and the space that connected the jaw to the throat, squeezing tightly a few seconds later. "And you call yourself a Royal Cup champion," the attacker stated with audible amusement.

"Yes, and I call you a total idiot," Brad replied hazily, squeezing the trigger and sending off bolt after bolt of plasma into the shoulder of the Genosaurer at point blank, causing the Zoid to stagger back before a series of shots from it`s nose guns put a stop to Brad`s efforts, which had succeeded in slagging much of the armor of the Zoid`s right shoulder.

"I`ll give you one for actually having the common sense to pull the trigger at point blank. Too bad it doesn`t do you much good now that you`re about to die, huh?" The attacker asked, yanking the head of the Scout Fox up and down several times. To the small Zoid`s credit though, it proved far tougher than even Brad had hoped, withstanding the abuse and even continuing to struggle against the enemy`s attempt to behead it, though the Geno`s attempts had the added effect of causing Brad`s head to smash into the ceiling of the cockpit repeatedly, despite the safety harness.

There was a distinct, sharp tearing sound as the cockpit glass started to crack, but it wasn`t the head of the Scout Fox, which finally flopped onto it`s belly - free of the Genosaurer`s brutal grasp - a few seconds later as a number of shots rang out.

"You okay Brad?" Bit asked as the Liger and the Gunsniper both exited the hangar. "Been worse," Brad replied hazily. "My Command System`s frozen though... And I feel a li`l lightheaded," he said with a bit of despair before passing out. "Nice to know at least one of you might be a decent challenge since you don`t know where Vega is," the attacker cut in rudely, just as the Genosaurer kicked the doung Scout Fox over at the Liger and the Gunsniper, which both dodged out of the way. Brad, still trapped in the cockpit, was promptly knocked unconcious by the sheer force of the landing.

"Who`s first?" The attacker asked.

"Allow me!" Leena replied, lunging the Gunsniper forward and coming to a stop right in front of the Liger Zero, opening up with all guns in a wide pattern. "Leena! Don`t attack him alone!" Bit yelled over the broadband, though it was already too late. The Genosaurer was faster and more agile than it looked, easily dodging through the hail of gunfire, missiles, plasma and lasers to come to a stand directly in front of the Gunsniper, lashing out the very instant it had halted.

"Oh crap," Leena muttered as the cockpit suddenly lit up like a Christmas tree, electricity coursing out of every panel and shocking her into unconciousness as the Genosaurer made a single, precision-based strike with it`s left grappler hand, stabbing through the Gunsniper`s armor and just barely managing to stab into the Zoid core, not enough to destroy it but certainly enough to knock the Gunsniper out of commission indefinately and leave every single system haywire in the process.

By the time Leena`s screaming had stopped, the Genosaurer had gingerly kicked the Gunsniper off of it`s claws and shaken itself off as if it was a dog drying itself off after a quick swim. The Gunsniper staggered back several steps and toppled over onto it`s stomach, leaving only the Liger Zero to try and stand against the onslaught.

"I don`t know why you`re doing this pal, but I`m going to make you pay for what you just did to both of them," Bit threatened sternly.

"Then come and get me, champ," the attacker challenged with a near-audible grin.

Bit let the Liger Zero answer the challenge for him, roaring loudly enough to shatter thin glass with ease before rushing forward in a zigzag pattern, avoiding impacts from the two heavy laser cannons mounted on the Genosaurer`s back, though Bit`s first attack was a miss since the larger Zoid dove forward and allowed the Liger to pass by, swiping at the smaller Zoid with the Genosaurer`s tail.

That was the attacker`s first mistake.

Bit dove the Liger underneath the Genosaurer`s tail, swinging around on it`s foreclaws and rushing forward, taking advantage of the Geno`s own momentum and slamming the Liger Zero into it`s right up at an off-angle, hard enough to throw the Genosaurer forward by several paces. "Ohhh, someone who can actually fight," the attacker said with that same thinly veiled amusement, wheeling the Genosaurer around as the Zoid roared out angrily.

"Too bad for you, my friend here doesn`t like it when anyone plants a kiss anywhere other than on his ass, and you missed by a few feet," the attacker continued as the Genosaurer began to slowly pace around sideways in a circle with the Liger. "Why are you doing this?" Bit asked again.

"Because I`m a weirdo and I needed to get my kicks out?" The attacker asked. "... You`re either a master of headgames or a total lunatic," Bit growled. "Take a wild guess," the attacker ordered as the Genosaurer came to a full stop.

"I have a better idea," But replied as the Liger came to a stop directly in front of the Geno. "Meaning?"

"STRIKE LASER CLAW!" Bit yelled, using the audio-based control mechanisms prevalent on some Zoids to trigger the attack mechanism of the Liger, just as the Zoid dove forward at full speed, achieved due to the usage of the booster on the Liger`s back. "You`re just as predictable as the other guy," the attacker snidely pointed out as the Liger approached, knocking Bit out of his fervor due to the calm, almost disappointed sound of his voice.

"Wha..."

Bit`s question was never quite answered the way he preferred. The Genosaurer jumped up on legpower alone, curling it`s legs up under it`s own bulk just long enough for the Liger Zero to pass half-way under it before violently extending them back down. The attack was something that would snap the Liger`s spine if it was an actual animal rather than a Zoid, but as it stood, it did what the other pilot had intended, smashing the Liger down into the concrete with enough force that it tore the Zero`s booster loose and knocked the hind joints out of alignment in a bad way, driving the belly of the Zero down into the concrete for several inches and leaving a pair of half-footprints in it`s back.

Bit groaned, feeling a bit of the Liger`s pain and almost seeming completely incapacitated by it.

"Come on pal, we aren`t done yet, are we?" Bit asked, trying to rouse the Liger up off of it`s stomach and back onto it`s feet while the Genosaurer jumped back off, landing a good distance away with a skidding turn to face the downed Blitz Team Zoids, which were all conveniently, by design or coincidence, lined up a few dozen yards apart, making it relatively easy to wipe them all out with one Charged Particle shot.

Which is exactly what the attacker intended to do.

There were two clamping sounds as the Genosaurer straightened up rigidly, extending it`s tail out and opening it`s mouth as far as it could, just as a white glow began to form at the tip of the barrel.

"Maybe if you idiots were actually half as good as you claim to be, you wouldn`t be dead," the attacker commented dryly. "As it stands, see you all in Hell. Bye."

"Come on Liger, GET UP!!!" Bit screamed at the Zoid, which only growled in reply and tried to haul itself back up to it`s feet, collapsing back down instantly as a result, just as the Genosaurer finished powering up for it`s assault. A split second passed and the world went white for Bit Cloud, even in the cockpit of the Liger.

There was a thunderous roar and the white faded to the same colors as the world always had with a noticable gray shift, offset by a slightly pinkish tinge as Bit managed to get a glimpse of a certain, familiar silhouette in the space between the Blitz Team and death itself. It brought a slightly crooked smile to the Royal Cup champion`s face at the sight before he leaned forward with a groan and tried to bring the Liger up a second time, failing all the same.

"Sorry I`m late," Vega excused. "Traffic was a little heavy," he stated with a grimace as the Charged Particle Beam came to a stop with one last pulse of energy that didn`t come anywhere near close to shattering the Berserk Fury`s energy shield, which was promptly deactivated a second later while the Zoid assumed a protective position between the Genosaurer and the Blitz Team.

"I won`t let you go any farther," Vega growled with an uncanny resolve in his voice.

"And I don`t need to. You`re my only target here, not these schmoes," the attacker growled with the same tone.

"I hate to interrupt, but who in the hell is this guy?!" Bit cut in, figuring that Vega`s apparent familiarity with the attacker and last second timing could be chalked up to more than just the combined luck of the Blitz Team members.

"His name is Kale Obscura," Vega answered uneasily. "He`s my brother."


Author`s Note: Sorry this one took so long! Hope it was worth the wait though.

ZeonReborn: Yep, Altiel died... Just after takin` a dump no less XD

Zinou: Yeah, that always kind of annoyed me too. I guess it`s probably the same sort of thing that happens in any society as it advances out of the tribal-styled way that characters in CC lived. Well, at least it seemed tribal to me :P And yes, Altiel was in jail due to the crack downs on the BD group after the Royal Cup.

Sick Little Fiend: Hope I didn`t take forever :P Been kinda busy working on a DBZ story called Generations that happens to finish off a series I`ve been working on most of the year so... You know how it goes, I`m guessing.

Shiro Amiyagi: Right now, I`d say Marcus is the last issue Brad has on his mind. Don`t worry though, they`ll resolve things eventually. Keyword: Eventually.

Also, if the description of the Scout Fox wasn`t perfect, I have a pic of it if you want to see. I wasn`t the creator of the Zoid but as far as I know, I was the first to use it in a fic and I probably changed it a good bit from the original.

Hope ya like Kale so far, and no, he isn`t an author avatar either. All good lone super villains start out ten times better than the good guys, OC or not.

Sh33p out.


New Age by Sh33p


Best Fanfics on the Web, selected by Tim
Tim Seltzer's page www.seltzerbooks.com/tim.html


Discuss books at  Blogging about Books http://www.seltzerbooks.com/blog/
Other book reviews by Richard Seltzer
Opus authors -- contemporary writers whose entire work is great
The Readers' Corner and Writers Showcase


This site is published by Samizdat Express, 213 Deerfield Lane, West Roxbury, MA 02132-002. (203) 553-9925 seltzer@seltzerbooks.com

Book collections on CD and DVD. A library for the price of a book.
Limited time offer: 2 for the price of 1
 

Return to Samizdat Express

Google
  Webseltzerbooks.com