Richard Seltzer's home page  Publishing home

What's Your Problem

By Inushoujo Sakura Akina, CatLuver08@aol.com

Chapter 11:

Poor Shippo and a Movie


This Fanfic is a good Kagome/Inuyasha where Kag isn't a halfdemon (as far as I know). That might change in later chapters but seems good so far. Tim Seltzer, seltzer@seltzerbooks.com


Disclaimer: Yeah, yeah. I don't own Inuyasha and hardly any Inuyasha stuff which kind of depresses me. When I become rich and famous I will have all the Inuyasha stuff I want.


Note: I’m sooooooo sorry that it has taken me forever to get this chapter up. You can hate me if you want to cuz I know I would hate me. I am not going to blame anyone or anything but myself for not posting this chapter sooner.


Chapter 11- Poor Shippo and a Movie

Feudal Era

“I miss Okaasan,” whined a tiny little kitsune.

“Don’t get upset Shippo. Kagome is going to be back in a few days time, and we will go to Kaede’s and wait for her when it is time for her to come,” Sango reassured Shippo.

“But that’s too long and I wanna see her nooooww!” Shippo whined some more, “It’s all Inuyasha’s fault. Because of him Kagome has to stay away even longer that usual.”

“Don’t blame Inuyasha, it’s not his fault. Kagome asked for him to go with her because she needed his help with something,” Sango said.

“I wonder?” Miroku said with an impish grin plastered on his face, which gave a way what he was thinking.

Sango hit him with her boomerang, “Miroku, you hentai! Get that thought out of your head. They would never do that while we could be looking for shards.”

“I’m sorry Sango, but they are going to be gone for awhile and alone might I add. So I do have a reason to think that,” Miroku replied trying to defend himself.

>Whack!> “Stupid. You are such a hentai. Now go get some wood so we can make a fire for food,” Sango ordered, glaring at Miroku.

“Yes, Sango,” Miroku said meekly, he did not want to piss her off any more. He walked away and into the forest.

“Shippo!” Sango barked, turning to the kitsune.

“Yes,” Shippo squeaked, he was terrified of Sango right now. He had never seen her like this.

“Go find three or four rabbits for us to eat for an early dinner.”

“Okay,” Shippo said and scampered off into the forest.

“Don’t take too long,” Sango shouted to the kitsune, though it seemed like he didn’t bother to listen. She leaned against one the few logs that were lying about in the clearing and pulled out a comb, Kirara saw it and walked over to Sango. The fire cat demon, in her smaller form, sat down on her master’s lap to get brushed. Sango sat there for awhile petting and brushing Kirara. The little demon mewed in response for all the attention she was getting. Unknown to Sango, only a few yards away, Miroku stood there staring at Sango and noted how beautiful and peaceful she looked. Her long black hair was swaying from the gentle breeze. Miroku quietly walked over and sat down beside her.

“Hello Sango.”

“Oh. Hello Miroku.”

“Sango?”

“Yes.”

“You look beautiful,”

“You say that to every girl,” Sango replied, her voice empty.

“I know, but I only mean it when I say it to you.” Sango blushed at what he had just said. She looked at Miroku to see if he meant it and that he wasn’t trying to be a pervert. To her surprise his hands weren’t anywhere they shouldn’t be. He stared directly into her eyes and took her hands into his own.

“Sango I must tell you something.”

“What is it Miroku?”

“Sango, you are the most beautiful women I have ever seen. You are kind-hearted and very strong. I love your beauty and personality, but most of all I love you.”

Sango gasped, “Y… y… you meant it?”

“Yes, I do mean it Sango. I have fallen in love with you.”

“Oh, Miroku, I don’t know how it happened; I never thought it could, but somehow I fell in love with you. I love you too,” Sango said mesmerized by Miroku’s eyes as she told him her true feelings that she had kept hidden for a long time.

Miroku leaned forward and gave Sango a short, but sweet kiss. Sango gave a happy sigh when he pulled his lips away, but pulled her body closer to him which also made her blush. She laid her head atop of Miroku’s shoulder as he wrapped his arm around her waist. The peaceful silence and comfort did not last long. Unknown to them someone was spying on them, planning. The youkai watched them for quite a while, waiting for just the right moment. When the time came he jumped out from the bush a few yards away yelling.

“Miroku and Sango sitting in a tree, K-I-S-S-I-N-G, first comes love, then comes marriage, then comes Sango with the baby carriage,” Shippo sang out at the top of his lungs, causing both Sango and Miroku to jump up in surprise.

“Shippo!” Sango yelled with fire glowing in her eyes, “I’m going to kill you, you little runt!” Shippo yelped then took off running as fast as his little kitsune legs would go. Sango grabbed her boomerang and trailed after him not far behind.

Miroku sighed to himself, “Poor Shippo. She isn’t going to be easy on him even though he is just a mere child.”

He watched the two disappear as they ran into the forest and stood up to see where Sango would come out from, he needed an idea where to find Shippo’s body. An earsplitting shriek broke the silence which was then followed by a loud thud and knew that Sango would soon emerge from the forest. Within minutes, just as he predicted, Sango came into view, alone. Miroku nodded to Sango, acknowledging her, as he walked passed her and into the forest to look for Shippo. He wandered about for half an hour before he spotted the kitsune’s lifeless body on the ground.

“Shippo should not have spied on us or at least not jumped out like that. I hope that Kagome won’t be mad. Wait… what would she get mad about? Either because Shippo was spying or because Sango hit him. Well I know that I won’t tell, I guess it’s up to Sango to decide if Kagome should be informed about this little mishap,” Miroku said aloud to himself while picking up Shippo’s body and headed in the direction of camp, then decided that it would be best to drop Shippo off at Kaede’s even though it was half an hour further away than where they already were in the forest. He didn’t want to take the chance of bringing Shippo near Sango before she had time to cool down.

Miroku came back into camp after three and a half hours had past. He had stayed and talked to Kaede about something that was bothering him, and forgot that Sango was all alone. When he remembered about his so called “love”, he went back to camp without hesitation, leaving Kaede very confused. As he came closer to camp be became hesitant, he never told Sango that he was going to Kaede's, plus he was gone for and extremely long time. Miroku took a deep breath and walked into the opening where Sango would be waiting.

“Hello Sango,” Miroku greeted with a hesitant smile. Sango was relieved when she looked up and saw that Miroku was fine, but on the other hand she was very pissed off.

“Don’t smile at me Miroku. I was worried sick over you. You left over 3 hours ago, and never even thought of telling me where you where going, or when you would be back. I thought that you might have gotten hurt, or worse, even killed. How dare you make me worry like that,” Sango said in a calm, yet very scary way.

“I’m sorry that I forgot to tell you. Well, you see, my intention was to get Shippo then come straight back, but then I thought of you. I decided that it would be better if I let Shippo recover and spend some time with Kaede, but what took so long is that I ended up have a talk with Kaede and lost track of time. So I’m very sorry that I made you worry so much. No one should every make the ones they love worry about them. Can you forgive me?” Miroku explained and asked for forgiveness.

“Well, I don’t know. You really,” Sango was interrupted when Miroku’s lips pressed softly upon hers. She parted her lips slightly, letting Miroku’s tongue slip into her mouth. She moaned with pleasure as he deepened the kiss, running his tongue around hers. Sango wrapped her arms around Miroku’s back and he put his hands on her hips. After a minute or so of kissing Miroku pulled away and sat down onto the ground, pulling Sango down with him, so she could sit on his lap. The silence was wonderful; a light breeze made the leaves rustle and brought the scent of wild flowers around them. They both fell asleep with Sango leaning on Miroku, while he has his arms wrapped around her body.


Kaede's’ Hut

“Ouch,” Shippo whined, “my head really hurts.”

“I believe that ye would feel like that child after what ye got yeself into earlier,” Kaede said with her elderly knowledge.

“I want Kagome. I don’t wanna stay with Sango again, she’s mean. I’m gonna tell on her and have Kagome make Inuyasha hurt her back,” Shippo said with a pout.

“Kagome is a sweet child. She would never have anyone hurt any of her friends even if they made her very angry Shippo. Anyway, did ye do anything to Sango to make her mad at ye?”

“No, I didn’t do nothing wrong. I only started singing when I saw that she and Miroku were kissing,” Shippo said innocently, just like every child would.

“That is way she got mad at ye Shippo. It is not very nice to interrupt her and Miroku, or anyone else. It is also very rude to spy on them, or other people, especially ye elders. Ye shouldn’t have been spying on them or jumped out at them. Because of what ye did ye will stay with me and help me with chores until Sango and Miroku come and get ye, which probably won’t be until Kagome gets back, and when ye do see Sango you must apologize to her,” Kaede said, which caused Shippo groan and look annoyed.

“But, that’s not fair. Sango had a choice to hit me or not,” Shippo replied.

“Ye were rude so ye must apologize, but after ye apologize I know that Sango will apologize for hitting ye because you are like a little brother to her since Kohaku is being controlled by Naraku now.”

“Really?”

“Aye.”

“Fine, I’ll tell her that I’m sorry.”

“Good. Now that ye seem to be feeling better come with me to find some healing herbs,” Kaede told him.

“Awww, do I have to?”

“Yes, ye do have to child. Now get up and come with me,” Kaede walked out of her hut and Shippo reluctantly followed.


Kagome’s Time

Kagome walked into the bathroom and shut the door. She went over to the tub, turned on the water and added some bubble bath stuff. While the tub filled up and started to get steamy and bubbly she slipped her clothes off of her slender yet now slightly toned form; battling demons in the feudal era had helped make up for missing gym class, but nothing else. She slid into the water and let out a big sigh as she started to relax. Oh how much she missed taking bubble baths. But right now she missed the hot springs even though there are no bubble baths in the feudal era. Now that she thought about it Kagome realized that the natural hot springs felt much more relaxing then a real bath. ‘The hot springs are probably even nicer than hot tub or even a sauna. Hmmm. Living in the feudal era wouldn’t be that bad… Hey. Wait. Why did I just think that? I’m not gonna live in the feudal era. Am I? Well if Inuyasha really loves me, then what will we do? I could never make him live here; especially make him become a human, that’s not right and it would be too hard for him. Besides I love him the way he is… I could live in the feudal era while still being human and Inuyasha still being a hanyou. And I already practically live there so I’m used to it. I hardly ever visit home anymore…’ Kagome groaned a little. She was thinking way too much instead of just relaxing like she wanted to in the first place. She slipped her whole body under the water and stayed like that for a little over two minutes. Then on human instinct she came up for air with a gasp. What was weird though was that she realized that she wasn’t even a tiny bit out of breath; however Kagome didn’t realize the strangeness in it.

Finally she decided that Inuyasha had waited long enough. She got out of the tub and dried herself off. As the lukewarm water was draining Kagome put her clothes on. She changed into a light pink skirt that was just about the same length as her school skirt. She also out on a light yellow and light pink short sleeve shirt that matched the skirt. Then Kagome pulled on her light pink matching high-heeled sandals. She then blow dried her hair and put it up into a nice pony tail. The only kind of jewelry that she had on and always wore was a necklace chain which held the incomplete Shikon no Tama. When she was all done getting dressed she walked out of the bathroom and slowed down as she walked into the bedroom. Inuyasha stared at her in awe. She was gorgeous.

“Come on Inuyasha. Let’s go buy you a pair of clothes. My mom left some money for us,” Kagome said as she fingered the white envelope that she had picked up from the night stand in her room.

“What’s wrong with my clothes? They’re good clothes,” Inuyasha said offended.

Just as he was about to say more Kagome stopped him, “You’re clothes are good, I’m not saying that they’re bad. It’s just that those clothes are okay to wear in the feudal era only, not here. No one wears that style anymore. Kimonos are only worn at weddings and special occasions, and guys defiantly don’t wear anything like that anymore. You can keep your clothes, but I want to buy you a new pair that you can wear while you are here, in my time.” For some reason when Kagome had said in my time she felt a small pang in her heart, but she wasn’t sure what it meant.

“Fine,” Inuyasha said without an argument.

“Okay. Let’s go now,” Kagome said. She grabbed Inuyasha’s hand and made him run right behind her until they got outside and down to the sidewalk. They walked hand in hand to the mall. Kagome made Inuyasha keep his ears flat on his head so no one would notice them. Inuyasha didn’t really mind because it also helped block out some of the noise; there was too many people in Kagome’s time. He especially did not like the mall. There were three times as many people enclosed in a smaller space and everywhere you turned there was so much noise. Kagome could tell that Inuyasha was tense so she squeezed his hand for some comfort. She walked into a store with Inuyasha right behind her that was playing loud music and didn’t have many people in it. Kagome told him to just look around while she went off to get him some clothes. She walked over to a rack that had at least a dozen different bandanas on it. ‘First I need to find something to cover his ears,’ she thought. Kagome grabbed a plain black bandana. Then she thought about glasses, but decided against it because she loved his eye color. Next Kagome had to find a pair of shoes for him. Right now he was barefoot, but Kagome had undone the bottom ties of his hakamas so that the bottom of each leg would hide his feet. She found a nice pair of black flip flops since he probably wouldn’t like the feeling of normal shoes. As she headed towards the rack of pants she realized that she had no idea what size Inuyasha wore and he wouldn’t know either. She called Inuyasha over. When he got to her she just looked at him then thrust a few pair of jeans and told him to try them all on. As he left Kagome went to look at the t-shirts. She found a shirt that was red and had a picture of a white pit-bull with the words ‘Guard Dog’ in black letters underneath. As soon as she saw the shirt she knew that she had to get it because it reminded her of Inuyasha and how protective he was of her.

Inuyasha came out of the changing room and tossed Kagome the pair of jeans that had fit him. She gave a nod of acknowledgment then handed him the shirt to try on as she went to put the pair of pants back onto the rack. ‘Tight pants aren’t his look,’ Kagome thought, making a face at the visual of him in her mind, as she grabbed a size bigger, the pants she chose were a pair of slightly baggy black jeans with an extra pocket on the side of the right leg. Inuyasha came out of the changing room again and said that the shirt fit fine, so Kagome grabbed it and brought it with everything else to the cashier so she could pay for all of the stuff and leave.

After they walked out of the store Kagome wanted to see another movie, one that had come out not to long ago. She took Inuyasha’s right hand since he was holding the bag in his left and led him in the direction of the movie theater. Neither of them talked for awhile, they enjoyed the silence between them. Even though they were in the mall and many people were bustling around them, they acted as though they were alone. Kagome wasn’t quite sure which move see wanted to see, there were a few different ones. She did know that she didn’t want to see another horror film because she didn’t want to be seen getting close with him out in public, where she might be spotted by someone she knew.

Inuyasha was walking with Kagome wondering where they were going. He was also starting to get angry. Everyone was staring at him and he didn’t know why, he didn’t remember that his clothes stood out. As they walked past a ramen noodle stand Inuyasha stopped dead in his tracks. Kagome didn’t notice that he had stopped so she got jerked al little. She turned towards him all ready to give him a glare, and then forgot about it when she saw what he was looking at.

“Do you want me to buy you a bowl of ramen noodles Inuyasha?” Kagome asked.

“I don’t want you to waste all of your money on me,” he replied.

“Don’t worry about it. I want to spend my money on you,” Kagome said as she paid for the ramen. She handed him the bowl, “here you go. Let’s keep on walking though.”

“Okay… umm Kagome?”

“Yeah?”

“Why are people staring at us, it’s driving me crazy.”

“Hmm… I got it. It’s because of your clothes, hair color, hair length, claws, fangs and eye color. It’s like you are cosplaying or something,” Kagome said all in one breath.

“What’s their damn problem? Whenever something is different people have to stare and keep staring.”

“Don’t worry. When we get to the theater you can go change your clothes. I don’t think anyone will stare anymore after you change. People will then just think that you are some kind of punk that dyed his hair and filed his nails. And even though know one in my time has eyes like yours that’s okay because it makes you unique,” Kagome told him.

“Okay, but what kind of place is this theater?” Inuyasha asked a little worried.

“It’s a building where movies are played on a really big screen and a lot of people can watch it at one time.”

“We are going to watch a movie with someone we don’t know?”

“Yup. Actually with a lot of people we don’t know.”

“Okay,” Inuyasha said, still very confused. ‘Why do people go somewhere to watch a movie with other people that they don’t know when they can just stay home a watch a movie with people that they do know?’

Kagome had read his thoughts with her new miko powers that he didn’t now about and answered his silent question, “People go to theaters to see movies that you aren’t able to buy yet. And if they really like it they will buy it when it comes out.”

“I think I get it now,” Inuyasha said, “So what movie do you want to see?”

“Uh it’s a recent movie, came out a month or so ago. It’s called ‘Charlie and the Chocolate Factory’. One of my friends saw it and said that it was really good and funny. Oh, here we are.” Kagome pulled Inuyasha into the movie theater. She bought two tickets and told Inuyasha to go change his clothes while she bought some popcorn and sodas.

She was still in line when Inuyasha came back. ‘God he looks sooo hot,’ she thought and blushed a little.

“Can you help me put this stupid thing on?” he asked, holding out the bandana

“Hold on a sec. Let me get the popcorn first,” Kagome replied. After she got the popcorn and drinks she and Inuyasha went over to a bench and sat down. She put the bandana on him and explained how to do it.

Kagome and Inuyasha walked into the movie room and got pretty good seats. ‘It looks like not a lot of people are coming today,’ Kagome thought. After they sat down the previews started, and 15 minutes later the movie finally started. Only about ten more people entered within the first minute or so of the movie. Kagome watched the entire movie except the three or four moments when she looked over at Inuyasha. On the other hand Inuyasha barely watched the movie because he couldn’t stop staring at Kagome. He was mesmerized by her silky ebony black hair, her deep chocolate eyes and her sweet innocent face. The movie ended in no time and the lights turned on. Kagome then grabbed Inuyasha’s hand so she wouldn’t lose him on the way home.

“So did you like it?” Kagome asked.

“Yeah.”

“That’s good. I really liked the movie.”

“Huh? Movie?”

“Yeah, that’s what I asked you.”

“Oh.”

“If you didn’t know what I was talking about, then what did you mean when you said ‘yeah’,” Kagome questioned.

“Nothing,” Inuyasha answered a little too quickly.

“Really,” Kagome said sarcastically.

“Hmph.”

“Come on you can tell me,” Kagome begged.

“Feh.”

“Fine then,” Kagome said. She quieted down, but only because she was thinking. ‘Every time I looked at him, he was looking at me. I don’t even think that he was watching the movie. Was he too busy staring at me the whole time? Oh wow.’ Kagome stopped and faced Inuyasha. “I love you Inu,” she said and kissed his cheek. In return Inuyasha gave Kagome’s hand a slight squeeze.

When Kagome and Inuyasha got back to the house Kagome made them some dinner. They ate at the table in silence. They had been silent since Kagome kissed him. It was a comfortable silence, not awkward at all. After dinner she wanted to teach Inuyasha how to play a game, but was too tired. She suggested that they go to bed. Inuyasha agreed. Kagome sent him out of her room while she changed. Even thought they loved each other it didn’t mean that she wanted him to see her naked. Not yet at least. Inuyasha came back when she said it was okay. Kagome got into bed and rolled onto her side, with her back facing the wall so she could see Inuyasha. Inuyasha decided to sleep sitting up leaning on the side of the bed. Both his and her faces were near each other so Inuyasha gave Kagome a small kiss on the lips.

“Night Kag.”

“Night Inu.” Kagome let one arm hang off of the bed so she and Inuyasha could hold hands.


Again I am so sorry it took so long to update, please forgive me. I went through a period of time where I just didn’t want to have anything to do with my story. I don’t know how long it will take for me to get the next chapter up because I am not done writing it. Hopefully it wont be long. I have decided to keep the story PG-13, but some parts will be R rated and when those parts come I will let you know.

I really want to thank all of my reviewers; if no one reviewed I would just quit writing. I also want to apologize for any spelling errors or grammatical mistakes, I don’t have anyone checking my story besides myself and I can’t catch all of my mistakes.

Ja ne

p.s. Please review, I love hearing from my readers.



What's Your Problem This story is incomplete. We'll post the rest as soon as it's ready.


Best Fanfics on the Web, selected by Tim
Tim Seltzer's page www.seltzerbooks.com/tim/timseltzer.html

seltzer@seltzerbooks.com  privacy statement

Google
  Webseltzerbooks.c